Ever wondered...

The place for anything at all...
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.
Mood: Happy

Ever wondered...

Post by silver1 »

Has anyone besides me ever wondered what it would be like to meet a real live werewolf? :)
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1
Bloodyredbaron
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Undead Mutant Dinosaur
Mood: Indifferent

Re: Ever wondered...

Post by Bloodyredbaron »

Yes. It's covered in contingency plan Delta 3.
"I hope some animal never bores a hole in my head and lays its eggs in my brain, because later you might think you're having a good idea but it's just eggs hatching."
-Jack Handey
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Of course, though it's hard to really pin down what it'd be like. After all, a werewolf might be nice, or it might be a total monster requiring to be shot in the face with as much silver as humanly possible before it eats you. :wink:
Bloodyredbaron wrote:Yes. It's covered in contingency plan Delta 3.
Is that the one that involves excessive amounts of Napalm?
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

The answer might also revolve around on what conditions would have to be met for you to decide you were actually meeting a Werewolf and not something else.

And no, "nametags" is not an acceptable answer...
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Bloodyredbaron
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Undead Mutant Dinosaur
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Bloodyredbaron »

I assume that the werewolf I will be meeting will be the Pack standard blue collar cuddly werewolf?
Aki wrote:
Bloodyredbaron wrote:Yes. It's covered in contingency plan Delta 3.
Is that the one that involves excessive amounts of Napalm?
You can never use to much napalm.
"I hope some animal never bores a hole in my head and lays its eggs in my brain, because later you might think you're having a good idea but it's just eggs hatching."
-Jack Handey
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Why, no! No one in this forum has ever conceived of such a thing! How miraculous that you should bring such a contingency up. :wink:
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

How very avant-garde, you have my commendations.

Though really, how are we sure it's a werewolf and not a wolf-spirit, or a spallcaster or some sort, or a wolfwere, or an intelligent wolf, or gnoll, or something similar? If only there were some sort of substance with arcane significance that we could use to verify that it is indeed a werewolf, preferably something with a pleasing color and enough malleability that I might mold it into a symbol of my faith without overmuch strain. Some sort of related celestial body would be appreciated as well, should my werewolf-verifying substance not be close at hand when it is needed.

As the others have said, it would depend on the particulars of the werewolf in question, though I'm sure it would be a memorable occasion.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

I wonder...

If the meeting were online, how many of us would simply covet "that neat CG treatment" of the person on the other side of the screen.

If real life, how many would be looking carefully to see if they could see the zippers or seams on the Fursuit.

Yeah, it's my impression that the power of disbelief is that strong in us; even in a face-to-face confrontation. As for the type of Werewolf we encounter, if it isn't the intelligent being type, our impressions would be moot as we were torn to bits by the animal...
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

I suppose if it were me, I'd be momentarily shocked, but then I'd raise an eyebrow and shrug, this would be followed by some rather intense observation as I watched the Wolf to see what he/she would do, to discern his or her motives and thoughts, and perhaps to appreciate the rather exquisite form.

This would likely be followed by one of three things happening.

A) The poor Wolf would probably start whimpering as it wouldn't have encountered a human that hadn't run in stark terror before, let alone one that was trying to peer into his or her very soul. At this point I'd try to strike up a conversation.

B) The staring would be taken as a challenge, there'd be a growl and I'd probably wet myself (and possibly faint), this would probably leave said Wolf in fits of laughter.

C) It'd be the violent sort and merrily s/he would rend me limb from limb. But if it's one's time, I can't think of a better way to go than by werewolf. That would be an honour. That's probably a little twisted, I know, but I care not.
Aki wrote:Is that the one that involves excessive amounts of Napalm?
Nope! This is the one that involves a shaver and as much whipped cream/marmalade as can be found at a moment's notice. Codename: T45TY.
RedEye wrote:how many[...]
Not I, for if I can believe that humans are already smart enough to be making nano-guitars, then I can believe just about anything.

It's just a matter of what the individual classifies as acceptable levels of the fantastic, I find a lot fairly acceptable, being the naive goof that I am.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

RedEye wrote:I wonder...

If the meeting were online, how many of us would simply covet "that neat CG treatment" of the person on the other side of the screen.

If real life, how many would be looking carefully to see if they could see the zippers or seams on the Fursuit.

Yeah, it's my impression that the power of disbelief is that strong in us; even in a face-to-face confrontation. As for the type of Werewolf we encounter, if it isn't the intelligent being type, our impressions would be moot as we were torn to bits by the animal...
I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. It's good to exhaust every possible avenue of investigation before leaping to a conclusion like "Werewolf!"

Naturally, if it seems liable to rend you limb from limb, it'd be best to forestall investigation until you either get away, warn the thing off with whatever weapon available, or if forced, kill it dead when it ignores the warning of lethal force.
Vagrant wrote:
Aki wrote:Is that the one that involves excessive amounts of Napalm?
Nope! This is the one that involves a shaver and as much whipped cream/marmalade as can be found at a moment's notice. Codename: T45TY.
Ooh, that's a fun one.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

silver1 wrote:Has anyone besides me ever wondered what it would be like to meet a real live werewolf? :)
It would probably be a lost furry.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Morkulv wrote:
silver1 wrote:Has anyone besides me ever wondered what it would be like to meet a real live werewolf? :)
It would probably be a lost furry.
My case is made. Thank you, Morkulv.

And, do you realize that this mindset is exactly what a real Werewolf would want? He/She could walk into the corner 7-11 in Fur and nobody would bat an eyelash.
The Children of the Wolf are safer than ever... :D
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Yeah, and then he'll do a silly dance and all the people walk away thinking its not a werewolf. :lol:
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Goliathe Dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Inquisitor

Post by Goliathe Dark »

For the people of this forum, I find it hard to tell how you guys/girls would handle a were and if I may make a generalization, you are hoping, albeit expecting it. Thus your reaction would naturally be different than the less-enthusiastic(?) observer.

But through the eyes of an average Joe whom has never sought along the path of impossibilities, I don't find it hard to imagine that they would instantly consider it malevolent regardless of it's true intentions. This is the way of humans; that which has intelligence is that which they fear.

The best example I can think of is the book (the movie is completely unlike it) Blood and Chocolate. A truly unique book which conveys the true, cold actuality(?) of what it would be like to introduce a werewolf to a single human. It shows how even if the human is good friends (if not more) with the were and is given plenty warning, the instant the transformation occurs, the human becomes terrified, shunning the beast away.
The book is a very good read and, as I've said, quite unique in it's own respect.

Other examples also pop up when I think about it. For instance, racism toward African Americans has been around since the white man invented the idea that they were inferior; and why was that? Because they were different and that frightened them.
It is also one of the reasons some people are so paranoid about aliens watching over us as it provides an idea they are not ready to accept (and perhaps will never accept). When and if aliens do visit and they happen to be a peaceful race, they will most-likely be enslaved or captured soon after they arrive.

.......and all that it boils down to is that the human's sense of superiority is so overwhelming that they would rather die knowing they were "better than them" than live with them peacefully.
What is the difference between an optimistic man and a blind one?

Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Those who beg for death are destined to live forever.

I see you. I know of your intentions. I'd ask you to leave but that wasn't in the cards.....so I'll ask you to die.