Were Hypnosis Project. (Updated: It's alive, it's ALIVE!)

The place for anything at all...
Malignant-Librarian
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Howlin' at the Full Moon!

Re: We need a voice for an ongoing Pack experiment!

Post by Malignant-Librarian »

^^ Yep, Vagrant sent me a PM. I just haven't been on the forum in a while; and I think he's not online at the moment. I'm very flattered you thought of me. :panting:
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Jingles: When I listened to your voice meme the other day, I actually thought of you doing this. I didn't think you'd agree to, though. You have a clear, compelling voice and concise articulation.

Anyhow, update from my side: My brother recently moved into an apartment and left me no number through which to contact him. I haven't been able to reach him in a couple weeks -- which is rather depressing, considering he used to call my house nearly non-stop. I can only assume he's super-busy right now, most particularly with his new room mates and possibly an altered job situation.

*scampers off to read the script and listen to Gev.*
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Malignant-Librarian
Legendary
Legendary

@Outie: Thanks! I am curious, though; why did you think I wouldn't agree to it?

Btw, Ressi is such a sexy beast. xD I just needed to put that out there.
silver1
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: guardian of wolves
Additional Details: When it hurts to look back,and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.
Mood: Happy

Post by silver1 »

this is very interesting,the more i read about it,the more interested in it i become.
If you talk to the animals,they will talk to you and you will know each other.If you do not talk to them,you will not know them and what you do not know you fear,and what one fears one destroys.

Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for a friend.

You say werewolf like its a bad thing.

http://cmrpg.net/turn.php?cid=131877&serv=1
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Malignant-Librarian wrote:@Outie: Thanks! I am curious, though; why did you think I wouldn't agree to it?
I don't really know; it's not that you're attracted by outlandish ideas such as this, but I wasn't sure you'd be interested enough to dedicate a substaintial amount of time to the project. Good thing Vagrant thought otherwise!

And thankyou for the compliment on Ressi.
:blush:
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

Malignant-Librarian wrote:I've been told I have a good voice. XD

Example here: http://malignant-librarian.deviantart.c ... -123294601

Can't record at this exact moment in time, the people upstairs are being really noisy and my mic is super-sensitive. xD

EDIT: Yeah, it's like I thought, way too much background noise this morning to make a draft. xD! If you guys are interested in another person trying out I'll record it later.

Well we have the trial recording from Gev, but the way I see it, the more voices the better on this, so we can get a good idea of whose particular voice and technique will work best. So by all means, record away!

I'll be poking V about the script at some point if he doesn't see this. I think this will include adding some more specific annotations for how the reader should speak.....and probably some marked dividing points so it can be recorded in multiple sittings (as one of the killers for slow, calm speech is having to do it for 30 minutes, or longer, nonstop).
Malignant-Librarian
Legendary
Legendary

@Outward: Well, you're... actually probably right. xD But recording does not take that long for me -- I can just sit down and crank out stuff. I record books on tape for myself to listen to when I can't sleep. /NERD

@Howlie: "as one of the killers for slow, calm speech is having to do it for 30 minutes, or longer, nonstop" I CAN GO FOR HOURS, BAYYYBEEEEE :wink:

@Gev: Whoa... you have a sexy voice. :lovestruck:

M'kay, I'll read some of it and post it up now that the roofers have gone home for the day. I'm sleepy and relaxed right now, so hopefully that'll come through in the voice.
Malignant-Librarian
Legendary
Legendary

http://www.usaupload.net/d/oybdjqey4ok

Okay, I read through a couple of paragraphs. I've been acting for many years and take direction well, so please keep that in mind while considering the audition. I can also slow down my voice significantly (as well as speed it up, lol!), and can convey a variety of emotions through voice alone very aptly (laziness, anger, fear, seduction, frustration, excitement, happiness, pleasure, displeasure, etc). Pretty sure that won't be necessary for this, though. :O

My credentials? Limited to recording books-on-mp3 for myself when I have panic attacks at night. My latest recording was of the first eight chapters of 'The Hobbit'.

I don't have any formal credentials other than that, though, but as long as there aren't any strict deadlines, I'd be happy to lend my voice and work on this Pack project.

WHOOHOO :duckbomb2:
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

hypnotic-induced pretend shifting?

Ugh * facepalm*
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howlitzer »

@MattSullivan: Yes... though that's not quite what I would choose to describe it.

@MattSullivan's Ugh: I'm sorry this caused you distress.

@MattSullivan's Facepalm: It's all in good fun. Worse things HAVE been done with hypnosis. Much, much worse. Much, much, much, much worse.

Things that would much better warrant your ugh*facepalm* ... :roll:
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Good stuff, Jingles. I'd listen to you read The Hobbit any day.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Malignant-Librarian
Legendary
Legendary

@MattSullivan: :(

@Wingie: :love: Thanks!
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Mood: Happy

Post by Gevaudan »

Nice job, Jingles. You read it much better and smoother than I did (thanks for the compliments, by the way :D ).

You know what would make this work better? If Baphnedia composed a relaxing, ambient music score to play in the background of the narration. Not that I want to drag him into this, but it is something to think about.
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Malignant-Librarian
Legendary
Legendary

@Gev: Aww, shucks. Thanks. :) You have a very sexy voice, I like how clear you are.

There are actually a ton of free ambient tracks over on www.flashloop.com, I use them all the time for background ambiance for my books-on-mp3. XD
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Vagrant wrote:*ahem.*

Do you think you have a nice voice?

Do you wish to be part of an experimental Pack project?

Now that that's out of the way... a bunch of Pack members (including myself) are working on a project, one which might interest some of you.

We've been trying to induce a state of controlled, simulated lycanthropy, in which, for a time, one may to a small degree experience what it is to be a werewolf, or at the very least to undergo a shift. We've had varying degrees of success, and if you've not guessed yet, our experiment revolves around the use of hypnosis, and a particular hypnosis file we've found. A certain individual (they know who they are) has been tinkering around with the file, cleaning it up and such, and generally making it better.

We would, of course, share the file with anyone who's interested... but we have our eyes set on bigger goals. The file itself is flawed due to the quality of the recording and the way it's been put together, we'd like to record our own, considering that the members of the project so far have experience in most of the necessary fields: hypnosis, audio equipment, and so on.

Suffice it to say though, for a new file, we'd also need a new reader. And such a person would need to be very confident with their voice indeed, we might only get one or two people, but if, perchance, a bunch of people are interested in this, then we'll hold auditions! But I digress. <.<

The end result is going to be a modular script, one which the listener could pick parts from at will, this would mean different inductions, different types of shift, different kinds of details for the werewolf we'll be trying to create, and so on.

So if you're as crazy as we are, and you reckon you have a good voice, and you're bold enough, then post here. I have the feeling that this thread will just fall into obscurity despite our best efforts, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

For the purpose of this and further bizarre pack experiments, we've set up a channel on the Pack IRC server, #packlab, where we can all gather and discuss things. And here's a web chat link for the same place (uses mibbit, same as the Pack's chat): http://tinyurl.com/packlab

So that's that then, hopefully we'll be able to do something with this project. At the very least it might raise general awareness of hypnosis and the rather interesting effects it can have.
Hmm. This reminds me of an old topic I created here about 'light magic', which basically explains self-hypnosis to become more and more wolf-like in spirit and mind. But I wouldn't suggest toying with something as fragile as the human mind.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howlitzer »

Morkulv wrote:
Hmm. This reminds me of an old topic I created here about 'light magic', which basically explains self-hypnosis to become more and more wolf-like in spirit and mind. But I wouldn't suggest toying with something as fragile as the human mind.
The process you're describing seems to be geared towards a permanent, full-time change in the person's mind.

This isn't that at all. It's supposed to be a controllable imagery/sensory experience of sorts. In other words, it's like hypnosis-enhanced/assisted daydreaming.

On that note, I'll repeat the intentionally benign nature of this: this project doesn't force anybody into anything, the scripts are there to see and read though... it's written explicitly to reinforce self-control, the rest is pretty much guided-imagery...and pretty benign guided imagery at that. Nothing disturbing, nothing violent.

The human mind is not fragile in general to the degree you suggest. You would have to have a frighteningly loose grip on reality in the first place.

Hypnosis isn't at all what it's made out to be in the movies. Hypnosis **cannot make you do something you do not want to do**. The only way someone would possibly suffer harm is if they are already mentally damaged or unstable, or if the hypnotist is malicious in the process.

On the latter, this is not malicious in nature.

On the former, I trust the better judgement and sufficient mental stability of the people involved in this project. It's all in good fun...and people are taking part willingly and out of interest...

So if you have doubts, you don't have to take part here... but please look into it further and make some constructive conclusions here before shooting it down for the rest of us.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

My voice is too deep to speak. :wink:

It sounds fun, though. But, I don't like it when college and work gets in the way.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

well im new here but id be glad to help.i was a telemarketer for a year , i can read anything scripted in any manner.ive been told i could do commercials.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Howlitzer wrote:
Morkulv wrote:
The human mind is not fragile in general to the degree you suggest. You would have to have a frighteningly loose grip on reality in the first place.
Then I wonder why to this day there are still so many asylums, institutes, and many mental care programs all over the world... Sure, people vary, but everyone has their limits.
Howlitzer wrote: So if you have doubts, you don't have to take part here... but please look into it further and make some constructive conclusions here before shooting it down for the rest of us.
Huh? I was merely saying how the hypnosis-part reminded me of an early topic I made about self-hypnosis, I'm not shooting anything down for anybody. But when there is a subject like hypnosis involved, don't be surprised that somebody is being sceptic.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howlitzer »

Morkulv wrote: Then I wonder why to this day there are still so many asylums, institutes, and many mental care programs all over the world... Sure, people vary, but everyone has their limits.
There's over 6 billion people in the world, the percentage in said institutions is small enough that the general populous isn't that mentally fragile.

And once again, this project is not going to push anybody here to their limit.
Huh? I was merely saying how the hypnosis-part reminded me of an early topic I made about self-hypnosis, I'm not shooting anything down for anybody. But when there is a subject like hypnosis involved, don't be surprised that somebody is being sceptic.
Ok, fair enough. You can be skeptical all you want. I was simply trying to prevent the topic from being misrepresented, which it all-too-often is.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Then I guess we both understand eachother now.
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howlitzer »

*dusts off old thread*

Due to various circumstances, this project went stagnant some months back. It, however, didn't die completely....so it's about time to bump this thread back up.

SO...Vagrant did some research, got a better script together, we bounced it back and forth a few times, and have something that looks quite a bit more usable.

So, to those of you who were interested and who did sample readings...you know who you are....we need a voice for this. I'll be poking people via PM.