General Announcments and Updates

The place for anything at all...
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

WolvenOne wrote:Oh, I was mainly tired of being heavy, and tired all the time. Basically I had gone into, "live to eat," mode, and well I guess I just woke up one day and decided to take controll of my life and to start things off with my wieght.
Care to share your secrets of what you are doing?
:?
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Its quite simple, just eat right and excersise daily, like running (or jogging) sit ups, etc. Basicly just create a little excersise program you do 4 or 5 things one day while you can do a whole set of different stuff the next, and repeat.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Okay, somebody else asked me the same thing on my Live Journal Recently, so I'm just going to post the same reply I gave him.

*Well, for just wieght-loss, calorie intake vs output is the biggest factor. Now it helps if you're active as well, but even if you arn't, you should lose wieght if you cut your calorie intake to around 1500 calories or less a day.

There are a few ways you can do this without going hungry. First and foremost, drink a LOT of ice-water, I'm talking 2 to 4 QOURTS a day. Not only does it keep you from getting hungry, but it speeds up your metabolism, as your body has to work harder to keep your body 98.6 degrees with all that cold liquid bombarding your system.

Second, oatmeal. Yes I know that Oatmeal really is only about as low calorie as cereal is, *cup to cup,* but oatmeal is a lot denser, expands when cooked, and contains a fairly decent amount of fiber, which keeps it from digesting quickly, which it turn keeps you from feeling hungry longer. My personal faverite combination for outmeal, is 1/2 cup oatmeal, a teaspoon of splenda, and 12 blueberries. Just add water, put the Microwave of medium and throw it in for about 5 minutes, and you end up with something fairly sweet, somewhat tart, and very low calorie. *at about 170 calories.*

Eggs are also another good food for diets, as they're reletivly low calorie, and contain a fair amount of high quality protein which keeps them from digesting quickly. I suggest hardboiled eggs as they don't require any added oils which would up the calorie count, but other preperation methods should work fine too.

The big things to avoid are straight sugar, and deep fried food. Meaning that stuff like Cocacola and French-fries cannot be apart of your regular diet. However it should be noted that from time to time you do need to snitch a bit in order to maintain your sanity.

Finally, on the excercise front, my preffered method of heartpumping excercise is biking. Not necceserilly fast or hard biking, just being out there and working your legs burns a lot of calories over time. For the record I useually bike 30 or more miles a week, but it's okay to start out with just a fraction of that.

Pushups are a fairly effective quick excercise as well. My current goal is to do about 100 a day, which I do in sets of 33. It's not that difficult if you've been doing it awhile, but if you're just starting out, you may want to go for a smaller number and do it on your knees instead of your toes.

If you have a wieght set and somebody to spot you, bench-pressing is also an effective way to build muscle without spending too much time. However it is very important that you ALWAYS have somebody spot you, as it's very easy to get into trouble when you're holding that much wieght over your chest without a failsafe.

If you're of a smaller build, I highly reccomend chin-ups, as the excercise several muscle groups. However this can be very, VERY difficult for larger people.

Finally, whenever you have the free time, I reccomend doing curls and crunches to work your biceps and abs. You'll need some freewieghts for the curls, but crunches can be done without any equipment as all and are a good way of strengthening those stomach muscles. *which reduces backpain.*

Anyhow, I hope all that was of help to you. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions, bye. :)*
I might also add that biking is exceedingly good for burning calories and is pretty fun if you know a good place to go riding.

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
FoxOfWar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Fiery Foxish TFmage Extraordinaire
Location: Finland. Most probably lurking behing that rock. *points*

Post by FoxOfWar »

Well, what do you know. I found a job! :D

Wish me luck, I'm starting it on Friday. It's at a local convenience store... it is, come to think of it, first actual job I have got. Feels kinda funny, though.
Btw, If you're wondering about FoxOfWar, think about Real-Time Strategy Games and certain aspect profilic in all of them... lurking about in the shadows, kind of like me...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: A picture is worth 1000 words

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:What? Figarou on vecation? :o

*holds up a fist*
I knew this day will come!!!
http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... 467#100467

I was hoping this day would never come.

See you guys in 2 weeks. I can't let stress overcome me.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Good luck FoxofWar!

Take it easy Figarou, we'll see you soon. :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A picture is worth 1000 words

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Figarou wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:What? Figarou on vecation? :o

*holds up a fist*
I knew this day will come!!!
http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... 467#100467

I was hoping this day would never come.

See you guys in 2 weeks. I can't let stress overcome me.
I know Figarou, you don't have to explain yourself. :D

Being a truck driver is frustrating.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Ah WolvenOne well as far a water has gone I have been drinking only water and no soda not even diet an also I have now started eating low calorie foods and nothing fried, no fast food. Everything is either grilled or baked, low salt. I workout everyday and since the weather has been better I went out fer a walk yesterday :D

I have seen and read about many weight loss stories and I know by thins time next year I can be close to my goal weight if I stick to it so I plan to do it this time around fer so many reasons. I've already lost quite a bit already so I am cer possitive about it this time around :D
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

WolvenOne wrote:Okay, somebody else asked me the same thing on my Live Journal Recently, so I'm just going to post the same reply I gave him.

*Well, for just wieght-loss, calorie intake vs output is the biggest factor. Now it helps if you're active as well, but even if you arn't, you should lose wieght if you cut your calorie intake to around 1500 calories or less a day.

There are a few ways you can do this without going hungry. First and foremost, drink a LOT of ice-water, I'm talking 2 to 4 QOURTS a day. Not only does it keep you from getting hungry, but it speeds up your metabolism, as your body has to work harder to keep your body 98.6 degrees with all that cold liquid bombarding your system.

Second, oatmeal. Yes I know that Oatmeal really is only about as low calorie as cereal is, *cup to cup,* but oatmeal is a lot denser, expands when cooked, and contains a fairly decent amount of fiber, which keeps it from digesting quickly, which it turn keeps you from feeling hungry longer. My personal faverite combination for outmeal, is 1/2 cup oatmeal, a teaspoon of splenda, and 12 blueberries. Just add water, put the Microwave of medium and throw it in for about 5 minutes, and you end up with something fairly sweet, somewhat tart, and very low calorie. *at about 170 calories.*

Eggs are also another good food for diets, as they're reletivly low calorie, and contain a fair amount of high quality protein which keeps them from digesting quickly. I suggest hardboiled eggs as they don't require any added oils which would up the calorie count, but other preperation methods should work fine too.

The big things to avoid are straight sugar, and deep fried food. Meaning that stuff like Cocacola and French-fries cannot be apart of your regular diet. However it should be noted that from time to time you do need to snitch a bit in order to maintain your sanity.

Finally, on the excercise front, my preffered method of heartpumping excercise is biking. Not necceserilly fast or hard biking, just being out there and working your legs burns a lot of calories over time. For the record I useually bike 30 or more miles a week, but it's okay to start out with just a fraction of that.

Pushups are a fairly effective quick excercise as well. My current goal is to do about 100 a day, which I do in sets of 33. It's not that difficult if you've been doing it awhile, but if you're just starting out, you may want to go for a smaller number and do it on your knees instead of your toes.

If you have a wieght set and somebody to spot you, bench-pressing is also an effective way to build muscle without spending too much time. However it is very important that you ALWAYS have somebody spot you, as it's very easy to get into trouble when you're holding that much wieght over your chest without a failsafe.

If you're of a smaller build, I highly reccomend chin-ups, as the excercise several muscle groups. However this can be very, VERY difficult for larger people.

Finally, whenever you have the free time, I reccomend doing curls and crunches to work your biceps and abs. You'll need some freewieghts for the curls, but crunches can be done without any equipment as all and are a good way of strengthening those stomach muscles. *which reduces backpain.*

Anyhow, I hope all that was of help to you. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions, bye. :)*
I might also add that biking is exceedingly good for burning calories and is pretty fun if you know a good place to go riding.
Here I am eating charamel almond ice cream as I'm reading this. :lol:
Image Image
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Along with my compy being down I have no access to my scanner because it's not allowed to be hooked up on my sisters compy so all I can do is post in threads now and no ones art, but it's sad that the network card is so pricey and the ones that aren't so expensive are all sold out so that's meh current situations :P Not all that important but I posted it anyways :lol:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Ok...starting today...I'll be away from this forum for 5 days.

Going to be so busy at work, its going to be hard for me to get online.

After that, my boss will give me a break.

Be back in 5 days.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Good Luck. And safe driving. So far from what i can tell, You don't seem to have a very nice boss.
Image Image
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Figarou! Don't forget the Duckies! Fridge 'em...or they'll get rancid!

(Mutters) "Nothin' worse than gettin' bonked by a rancid Duckie...

:wetwolf8:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Fig is on vacation he won't be back till next week, so don't expect him to answer for a while :|
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

No, not a vacation. I won't be around for the next few days because of my busy work schedule.

Whats odd is that my boss changed the work schedule. I got an extra day off tonight. (Sure can use it.)

Starting tomorrow is when I won't be around for just 4 days.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

well iam confused
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Fenrir wrote:well iam confused

I should've used the word "break" instead of vacation from this forum.

I'm under so much stress, its clogging up my mind.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Figarou wrote:
Fenrir wrote:well iam confused

I should've used the word "break" instead of vacation from this forum.

I'm under so much stress, its clogging up my mind.
What the hell are you doing? Get back on vacation!! :lol:

From what I can tell you could really use it. how about a visit to the florida keys, where theres a place call kokomo, and thats where you wanna go.

No serously if you were to stay at a condo or a hotel right near the beach, you will be a new man once its over.
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
From what I can tell you could really use it. how about a visit to the florida keys, where theres a place call kokomo, and thats where you wanna go.

No serously if you were to stay at a condo or a hotel right near the beach, you will be a new man once its over.

If you can bring the Florida Keys to me, I'd really apreciate it. To tired to travel over there.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Figarou wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:

If you can bring the Florida Keys to me, I'd really apreciate it. To tired to travel over there.
Only if you can bring the anthrocon to me along with you and AB . :lol:
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Figarou wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:

Only if you can bring the anthrocon to me along with you and AB . :lol:
A-kon......not Anthrocon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I thought they both were the same. What does the A stand for?
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

I thought it stood for Anime Con
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Nah, why would a bunch of furry lover and werewolf lover and people creature suits would all go to the anime convention? And we have that here.
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Fenrir wrote:I thought it stood for Anime Con
Correct.

A-kon is an anime convention.

The full name is Project A-kon.

But they shortened it to "A-kon."