General Announcments and Updates

The place for anything at all...
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

My-oh-my!

Post by RedEye »

Figarou, my prayers go with you...Hopefully, it's not bad and just means diet change and pills (better than the other stuff)

Vrikasatma, Your Mom is definitely a winner! Happiness to both you and her!

And, Fox-of-War, you're in the best of the Services (ought'a know, I was)
you will be ground down and chewed up; but you will emerge stronger and more sure of yourself, and flat amazed at what you are capable of.
Just remember: Count the day as lost you don't catch hell for something, 'cause it means you aren't trying. And it is true: If it moves, salute it; if it stands still, paint it. Some things never change.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Good News: We're working on getting a Whippet! What is a Whippet you ask? This is a Whippet: http://jackmaryetc.com/Travel/Europe/UK ... ippets.jpg

Bad News: My mate may take a new job that makes him happier but also causes him to travel every now and then. :( I dont want to not sleep next to him. :cry:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Just read the good news on your other thread, Fig. High five.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

I'll be takin a 2 week trip to Detriot to see mah family agains. Heh since my Birthday is coming up here soons I hope I can do something with my family there..well the ones who do hoilidays an birthdays anyways :Jester3: I'll be 23 on the 26th :howl:  :oo
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Well happy b-day if you're not here when it comes, :party:

Enjoy your vacation! :D
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:I'll be takin a 2 week trip to Detriot to see mah family agains. Heh since my Birthday is coming up here soons I hope I can do something with my family there..well the ones who do hoilidays an birthdays anyways :Jester3: I'll be 23 on the 26th :howl:  :oo

HAPPY UPCOMING BIRTHDAY JOKER :D :howl:  :oo
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

yup, i heard fig's good new, too. woohoo!

and nice, moonkit! whippets rock!

and happy b-day comin up soon, sabre! that's awesome!
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Where the [squeeky!] have I been?

Post by Scott Gardener »

First, before I go on about my problems, Figarou, I hope you're doing well. To help settle fears, a right bundle branch block is generally a stable problem--it shows up on EKGs but does not itself represent directly a serious health problem so much as the potential for problems later down the road. It's an electrical conduction delay in one of three fast-moving channels leading into the ventricles from the atria. The heart is designed to work around these kind of problems, so it's not the sort of thing that has to be "fixed." Hope the appointments go well and that everything else is in good order. If so, you should still be good to go until 90 or so.

You might have noticed that I haven't posted very much over the past week and a half. I've been working more than 120 hours. That in and of itself should be bad enough--120 hours of telling people they have cancer, putting in airways in people who have stopped breathing, treating heart attacks--it's pretty exhausting. But, I take it those of you in the United States have seen what kind of weather we had last week. I've had to commute distances of over a hundred miles, driving on icy roads--not just once, but every day for almost a week; two hour trips became stretched to almost four hours, with harrowing drives in which several times I nearly slid off the road. On Wednesday of last week I became ill, developing first diarrhea and then nausea before finally vomiting in front of the ER staff; I was genuinely sicker than many of the patients in the ER that day. (At that moment I had only two patients. One had a heart attack, but the other was a child with nothing more than an ear infection.) ER work is not the same as most places, in which one can call in sick or go home if one is ill. ER physicians have limited coverage, and in order to relieve one, another must be found and must make it into the ER to relieve the next. There is very little fault tolerance, and one of the frustrations that ER physicians face is the double standard that society presents, in which other people come into the ER asking for work excuses for illnesses that are much less than those that we must endure while continuing to work. Thankfully, relief was found, but it was not easy, since the staffing agency was already having difficulty finding someone and convincing me to take the time slots in the first place--a lot of other doctors were out that week, hence my working 120+ hours in the first place. I am finally off, and I've got a lighter schedule for the rest of the month. But, my emotional woes are not over. My wife and I have an aging dog, Blot, who has become frail to the point of incontinence, chronic respiratory problems, blindness, and behavior consistent with dementia and confusion. We have an appointment this afternoon with a vet, and we fully expect to be offered the decision of euthanasia. If so, we are prepared to accept that offer for her.

The last year was stressful for us--a move, a major surgery, and multiple job changes. But, we came out ahead with a substantial pay raise, a better house, a better community, and for my wife Cathey, the ability to move again without pain. We are both looking forward to the routine that most people take for granted and some even bemoan having to endure. We still have some water-damaged floor to repair--not weather-related, just a problem created by improperly installing a water softener. Aside from that, we should be just about back to something resembling normal. But, there's a definite before and after effect.

To those of you with whom I've got commissions and artist feedback pending, notably ShadowSaber and TehJokerWolfeh, I'll try to get back with you in the next week or so. But, as is, I've hardly had any time for anything, so I've got to manage first essential tasks, including overdue car maintainance, calls to our accountant about taxes, and the like. It could be next month before I can realistically plan to resume work on getting my novel published.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: Where the [squeeky!] have I been?

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:First, before I go on about my problems, Figarou, I hope you're doing well. To help settle fears, a right bundle branch block is generally a stable problem--it shows up on EKGs but does not itself represent directly a serious health problem so much as the potential for problems later down the road. It's an electrical conduction delay in one of three fast-moving channels leading into the ventricles from the atria. The heart is designed to work around these kind of problems, so it's not the sort of thing that has to be "fixed." Hope the appointments go well and that everything else is in good order. If so, you should still be good to go until 90 or so.

Oh...I'm good. I had further tests done and I'm ok.

It made me think of another topic.

http://www.thepack.network/thepackboard ... php?t=4254
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Yay! My mate is not taking the travelin job!! :grinwiggle:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Well, I have some good news and bad news. Tradition states that the bad news should be related first.

[Bad news] I can't use the "Give me a break, I have cancer" excuse anymore. [/bad news]

[Good news] Because it's not there anymore!

Visited my oncologist today and he said my tumour markers are normal and stable, my immune system is back to normal, everything looks good. Looks like we got this thing whipped! :o

What, no close tag on the Good News? Of course not :wink:
ImageImageImageImage
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

:o :D Fantastic news. Genuinely CHUFFED for you.

:howl:  :oo

Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

vrikasatma wrote:Well, I have some good news and bad news. Tradition states that the bad news should be related first.

[Bad news] I can't use the "Give me a break, I have cancer" excuse anymore. [/bad news]

[Good news] Because it's not there anymore!

Visited my oncologist today and he said my tumour markers are normal and stable, my immune system is back to normal, everything looks good. Looks like we got this thing whipped! :o

What, no close tag on the Good News? Of course not :wink:

Thats not Good news.... thats freaking AWESOME news :D :howl:  :oo congratulations
Kalira
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kalira »

Congrats! Thats great news!
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Glad your better!

BTW some news from the DMV. I finally got around to taking my permit test today....and I passed. WOOT!
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

BlackWolfDS wrote:Glad your better!

BTW some news from the DMV. I finally got around to taking my permit test today....and I passed. WOOT!

ohhh great ...there goes every fender on every car there... :lol:
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nachoboy »

aroooo! Image

that's great to hear, erybody!
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Note to self: Why the heck do you let yourself get SO busy that you can't even get online and say hello every once in awhile. You're like one of those upgrateful sons that never calls or writes thier mothers once they grow up and leave the house. One more thing, straighten up, you don't want to have a hump when you're older do you? And for heavens sake eat a vegetable every now and then.

*The rest of the message muted for the sake of your sanity.*

With your sanity in mind, the often absent WolvenOne
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Well, I'm just about done with my birthday (one hour, thirty minutes left). I got myself a Microsoft Zune, and will be getting money later on. Also, I'll be able to be on more often, so I'll be on more often.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Ok, I know I havent been on like normal, but my computer has been down for a while now. And I can only use the schools computers or my sisters laptop, or I can use me and my dads laptop, then I can get on as much as I want.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

That's great. :) :D
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

I'm off school till wednesday :grinp: my exams are done :D
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nachoboy »

wolvenone! it's always great to see more idaho members on here!

glad you cuold stop by, man!

and happy b-day, ravagedwarrior!
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Wolvenone, so nice for you to actually stop by for once. :grinp:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

OMG wolvenone, IT'S A SIGN OF THE APOCOLYPSE!

Nice to see you Wolvenone you should stop by more often! :D