General Announcments and Updates

The place for anything at all...
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

I know I haven't been around lately. Just to let you guys know what's going on:

Last quarter was killer. On the bright side, I've cultivated the worthwhile habit of waking up at 5am every day.

Shortly after graduating, I moved to Seattle to take a position as a software developer and assistant researcher in a project being funded by the University of Washington. Money-wise, it's not the best I'm capable of, but there are a number of other considerations I'm keeping in mind right now. This position gives me the opportunity to participate in research work and other things that will look good on a graduate school application.

Oh, and Comcast didn't come out to hook up my Internet access until yesterday...

In the meantime, I will be taking the opportunity to get my life in order. I'm examining my actions and the way things have been going. I'm working out my goals and plans. The bottom line is that discussing werewolves is no longer important to me. It has served its purpose, but it's time to move on.

I will still be around--you guys are my friends.

-- Vilkacis
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Um, you still like werewolves right? :(
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Um, you still like werewolves right? :(
Now that I look on it, they've always been a crutch, representative (in the ideal form I imagined them) of everything I wanted to be but wasn't: healthy, agile, alive in the moment, powerful, skillful, free, passionate and emotional, beautiful creatures. And so on with a rather long list derived of my personal inequities. It wasn't hard to turn them into an idol of sorts. But it was a golden standard I could never obtain.

I loved werewolves, but for all the wrong reasons.

If you prefer, you can look at it as a step in the staircase of life. At the time it was something I needed--a role model when I had none. At the very least, it was an embodiment of values. Putting all that together helped me keep my eyes on the path to the next stage in my life. But now that I am standing on top of that step, I can't remain attached to it or I will never reach the next one (and it would be a shame to spend your whole life standing in one spot). The next step is to take responsibility for my actions and the kind of life they produce. As it so happens, spending hours per day talking about werewolves doesn't produce the kinds of results I need.

When I view werewolves now, they no longer carry all the extra meaning I had given them. As far as I am concerned, they now number among the ranks of my favorite fantasy creatures--dragons, gryphons, vampires, kitsune, etc.--exactly where they belong.

So, yes, I still like werewolves. Perhaps still more than most people, but it's going to be a healthy thing now. And that's something worth howling about.

:howl:  :oo

-- Vilkacis
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

:howl:  :oo
well-spoken! maybe someday i will wake up...
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I just got back from my grandpa's funeral. It was beautiful, we buried him next to my uncle that died shortly after birth. thank you, for being supportive, guys :)
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Anubis, God I cant imagine what you must be feeling right now. As many as my relatives and family member that has died lately....I have never been to any funeral. :(

I am really sorry for you grandpa, Anubis.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

it's okay, i'm actualy glad he died. You see in the last ten years of his life he was in a lot of pain, and i'm glad that he finaly is at peace. :)
THE GAME

My Armory
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Still, our condolances that he is gone, and that he had to suffer.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Er, anyhow

Post by WolvenOne »

Yes I know I've been kinda MIA, but in my defense, I've been really busy, amongst other things, I've been getting myself into shape. Observe...

http://wolf0013.xepher.net/temp/Before&AfterJuly.jpg

I started out at 283 and I'm now down to 229. *I'm about 6 foot 2.5, just to give you all an idea of my build,* so yeah, I've been working like crazy to drop this wieght. Infact I've been biking over 30 miles a week, have been doing 100 pushups a day, and have been doing a veriaty of other excercises constantly in conjunction with diet. Course I work as well so this leaves little freetime I'm afraid.

Anyhow, i really WILL make an effort to be around more often, honest, really. Just try to be a little patient with me right now okay?

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

WOW I see a huge difference!!! :o

Your starting to look in tip top shape Wolvenone. :D I wish you luck on your excersise.
Image Image
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Good for you! :) You can really see the difference!
I gotta lose some(aka a lot) of weight myself soon

Oh, and hope you'll still stick around here Vilkacis!
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Wow WolvenOne!...

...you almost look like a completely different person. That's Awesome.

I bet it feels great too.

100 pushups a day?! I wear out and collapse at about 15.
(Though I only try once or twice every other month, which is pretty pointless really)
(...strangely though, I have no difficulty climbing up things using only my arms like a deranged monkey. Different muscles I guess)

Great Job! Image
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Okay, sorry for taking my time to respond here. Going to try to respond to a few people at a time as well so bare with me here.

ShaduwWulf, thanks :D

Silverclaw, thanks and if you need any advice, feel free to come to me. :)

Vuldari, heh, I love that expression. Yeah I am told I look quite different, and looking at the pictures I can see it. Whole other person though, maybe not. Anyhow, yes it feels great, and yeah, climbing and pushups use different muscles. If you want to start doing pushups, an easy way to start it to put all your bodywieght on your knees and to start doing 20 a day, *or every other day,* until it no longer phases you. At that point, you can either increase the number of pushups, the frequency, or switch to a more difficult position, *such as with the wieght pivoting on your toes.

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

BUSTED!!!

I got in trouble with my parents yesterday for reasons i'm not comfortable talking about, but i will say i feel like an a** and i regret doing it.

So as for my punishment, my parents took away my computer for a while, so no i have to get to my local library to post.

So i'm not going to be on as much as i reguraly do, but i'll try to be on every day, so the people in my RPG's or the RPG's i'm in wont suffer.
THE GAME

My Armory
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Naughty Anubis, very bad!
:P :wink:
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Hey, don't feel too bad. Teenager-hood is the part of your life where you're SUPPOSED to screw up and make mistakes. Just make sure they're mistakes you can walk away from, and you're fine.

(Translation: Don't crash a moterbike, ATV, sedan, SUV, truck, garbage truck, semi-truck, 18-wheeler, abrams Tank, oil-rigger, boat, hovercraft, race-car, camel, horse, elephant, tyranasaurus rex, alien space-ship, jet-liner, black-bird-jet, a senier-citizen, infants, gophers or a giant hamster ball into a tree....)

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

I was so glad to turn 19. Moving out of my parents' house couldn't happen soon enough. They're great people, but there's something nice about self-sufficiency. Granted, the cost of screwing up out here is a bit higher, especially if you're doing something ambitious, like ER work.
Roodhoor
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Roodhoor »

I just want to give a quick notice of departure. I 'll be working in camp for handicapped people and then join an artists workshop for a week.
Will be back around the 20th.
Have fun =)
Eala Frya Fresena!
Lever dood as slaav.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

I'll be gone for a few days as well. Otakon.
Sorry again to the roleplays I'm in! :( I've been bad about those lately :(
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Ok for the past few days I have been working long hours with my family and sisters boyfriend on the new house we recently brought, in about a week or so we're moving in.
Image Image
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Ah, good luck settling in.
Okamiotoko
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yo

Post by Okamiotoko »

I just got back from a (what seemed like) a lllllllloooooooong family vacation, although it was only for two days. :D
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them. "
Mother Teresa
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Welcome Back. :D
Image Image
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Life has gotten really screwy for me. I lost two jobs, gained four part time jobs, got one of my two jobs back at least tentatively, and, my wife needs a hip replacement. My presence here may be a bit spotty as I deal with all this stuff, but, rest assured, I haven't forgotten about any of you, and I'll try not to fall off the planet completely. Looking forward to some stability again!
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Wow, Im sorry to hear that Scott. I hope for you to have your life back to normal agien.
Image Image