General Announcments and Updates

The place for anything at all...
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

That's not the worst of it next year when I'am going to be a Junior, they make your read 6 huge books, and you have to right a fifteen page essay and call it a brief history of the U.S. There has got to be some law against this it's child abuse, isn't summer suppost to be a break from school?
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

This is part of the reason people get ahold of guns and shoot their classmates. School is awful, and in highschool it gets worse. Plus there are the crappy, biased teachers who help out the school football team but give you Fs all the time because your mother didn't go to the prom with them, and the preppy snobby cheerleader girls, goth wannabes, that one kid who tried to sell you weed once...school is a mess.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Reilune wrote:This is part of the reason people get ahold of guns and shoot their classmates. School is awful, and in highschool it gets worse. Plus there are the crappy, biased teachers who help out the school football team but give you Fs all the time because your mother didn't go to the prom with them, and the preppy snobby cheerleader girls, goth wannabes, that one kid who tried to sell you weed once...school is a mess.
amen :howl:  :oo
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Fenrir wrote:Nope, just have to read three books for A.P. English, wich after I'am done I have to write a three page report :cry: on each, and I thaught that school would be easy in Georgia.
I never liked book reports. I'd read the book just fine, usually the day they assiged the book to us, but I'd always procrastinate and save the report until the day it was due. I never really liked writing.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

I always tell my self I'll do it later and keep doing that so when the day of whatever is due I always slap something together, and hope it works :(

-Satyricon
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Fenrir wrote:I always tell my self I'll do it later and keep doing that so when the day of whatever is due I always slap something together, and hope it works :(
Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow, right?

-- Vilkacis
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Exactly :) hwlwnk

-Satyricon
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

wolfmarine, when we lcture you, it's different than getting it from your parents. when your parents yyell about it, they have a personal stake in it- if we have no idea who you are, and yet are stil lwilling to tell you, that has to tell you we know it's important. I damn near flunked out of my math class in seventh grade because i was being a dumbass. and guess what, this is me, she who has skipped a year ahead in math, and is really good at it. i screwed up, and it was my fault. thank god it wan't high school or it would have folloed me everywhere. but don't throw it away. trust me, it's not worth it.
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

I will present the proposal for my PhD thesis research today. Wish me luck :P
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Doruk Golcu wrote:I will present the proposal for my PhD thesis research today. Wish me luck :P
Good luck :wink:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

yes, lots of luck.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Doruk Golcu wrote:I will present the proposal for my PhD thesis research today. Wish me luck :P
Good luck! :howl:  :oo
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Well, I finally have a day off from work, though it might turn out to be several days off.

You see, the place I work at was just bought by a JB's chain, and while my former employer did give them my resume and highly reccemended me, there's no garantee they'll hire me back. Though I feel my chances are good.

Long story short, I'll be a bit more active for a few days, even after going back to work, as I've finally been able to get myself all rested up.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Good LUCK! Hope you do well! :wink:

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

On sunday, Im going to be working all day, so I might only be able to get on early in the morning
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Our Laptop at Mom's broke and I only go to Dad's everyother weekend. Yet this weekend isn't his so I'm here now and will be here next weekend. Yet with the moving and all I'll be gonefor probaly quite awhile.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

I'm off this weekend!!! :o

useless info. :P
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Terastas wrote:Perfect timing -- this is exactly what I was about to post about.

As I'm sure you already know (because I've ranted about it more than enough), I've been having some financial problems, so this afternoon, I'm taking a train back to Ipswich to visit my mother, but more importantly, to see if I can find employment there. If I do find a job, I'll likely be spending the rest of July and all of August there, and since there isn't a reliable network in Ipswich, that likely means you won't hear from me for a while.

So here's hoping I hear back from somebody here in Bridgewater, but as much as I dislike the idea of paying for a place I don't live in anymore, it beats having to move back home for good.
I need to vent again.

For the two of you that haven't read one of my rants yet, here's the situation: I was dupped into being roommates with my brother under the promises that we would split the rent. Since then, he and my mother have gotten me to pay full rent and utilities, predominantly on the guilt clauses that come with being part of a family. Lately I've been pinching pennies to the extreme because my brother, though he could pay his rent, has decided he's going to save up so he can move to Vegas in the Fall, but last month, I almost thought I'd made some progress: He offered to pick up the electric bill.

Fast fowrard to present day. Last week I wrote two checks for rent and cable totalling just over $900.00. Now, however, the power has been shut off, and a visit to the mailbox explained why: they never got the payment for June-July.

So, I'll pay an average $900.00 a month, if he pays $27.50 a month. Is that too much to ask?
:x :x APPARENTLY SO!!! :x :x

Anyway, I'll be sneaking off to campus to recharge my battery every day, so this is far from the last you'll ever see of me. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to chug the last of the milk while it's still cold. *scoots*
Last edited by Terastas on Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

i'm going camping so i won't be back untill saturday. man, i'll be sunroasted and be a quite a buffet for misquitos.
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Figarou wrote:I'm off this weekend!!! :o

your off everyday just about :)
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Figarou wrote:I'm off this weekend!!! :o

your off everyday just about :)

It seems that way. But I'm not.

I work nights and I have time to be on the PC before going to work and after.

Day people has time to be on the PC after work only. They could get on the PC before work, if they wake up several hours before hand. Some likes to sleep until the last possible second, then go to work.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

but your on at 2a.m. to 7 a.m. and all the wat through the rest of the day, it seems like you have very little shifts hours, unless you get on the forums at your office computer.
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:but your on at 2a.m. to 7 a.m. and all the wat through the rest of the day, it seems like you have very little shifts hours, unless you get on the forums at your office computer.
Well no, he disappears from about 7AM to sometime in the afternoon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Lupin wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:but your on at 2a.m. to 7 a.m. and all the wat through the rest of the day, it seems like you have very little shifts hours, unless you get on the forums at your office computer.
I just talked with him at 8 o clock
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Lupin wrote:
I just talked with him at 8 o clock
I was up late that day. And there is no way to get on the forums while driving a gasoline tanker truck.

As for my work hours, it varies. Sometimes I get home early.