General Announcments and Updates

The place for anything at all...
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Re: General Announcments and Updates

Post by vrikasatma »

Yeah, and I won't have wheels, so I'm stuck on a direct-line commute between the show hotel and the show facility :|

Travelocity tried to sell me Medieval Times tickets but guess what? They're coming to the show on Saturday for the Extravaganza at no extra charge! :lol: Guess they forgot to tell the Roaming Gnome ;)
ImageImageImageImage
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Cathey and I are going to Disney World for a week! I probably won't be posting much while I'm gone. In other words, business as usual. But, from my end, rather than working myself to death, I'll be playing the whole time.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

All play and no work? awesome!
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'm back, and we were completely blown away! The place just doesn't feel real; you feel like you're in a movie when you're there. Imagine a Renaissance Festival, but with a billion dollar budget! I got to leave the familiar realm as we know it for almost a week.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Scott Gardener wrote:I'm back, and we were completely blown away! The place just doesn't feel real; you feel like you're in a movie when you're there. Imagine a Renaissance Festival, but with a billion dollar budget! I got to leave the familiar realm as we know it for almost a week.
Tell me you stayed at one of the Disney resorts!
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Yes; we stayed at the Caribbean Beach. The hotel itself was awesome. We went to three of the four theme parks, but we are already talking about going back to see the one we missed--Animal Kingdom--as well as to spend a whole day seeing all the stuff we missed at Epcot's World Showcase. We also spent an evening at Downtown Disney, seeing Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba and other astonishing things, like a whole store dedicated to Lego, where you could buy bricks by the bucket--take a cup and fill it with whatever parts you need! There was so much going on that I don't even know where to begin... we traveled through time a lot; I crash-landed on Mars; we spent an afternoon travelling the world; I visited a haunted mansion and also a haunted hotel with an elevator that doubles as a gateway to an alternate dimension; and, oh, I nearly crashed into the Death Star. There's endless parades and relentless celebrations, topped off with fireworks every night.

It really feels as if you showed up on a special occasion, that you happened upon coming on the best day they've had in months. They are masters of psychology and sociology, and they have spared no expense towards making everything look spectacular and beautiful. They have the finest crowd control I have ever seen--you never saw security except when you first went in, but you always felt safe; the waits for rides and exhibits never felt long; and, the buses and trains felt as if they were one step away from instant teleportation--you could go from anywhere to anywhere inside of thirty minutes, be it the back side of another park, the hotel, or anywhere else on site.

Best of all, a huge portion of it is nature preserve that will never be developed! You think from all the stuff going on that their carbon footprint would stomp out a small country, but they preserve large swaths of trees and foliage, and there are plants of all kinds everywhere, plus rogue bunnies, ducks, and other animals living freely throughout the area. They are actually holding back urban sprawl.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Tomorrow I'm heading to south-Germany for a one week camping-holiday.

See you all later. :D
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

We went back to Disney World a second time, back in May. We're going to DragonCon in a month. And, I've been working A LOT to pay for all this!!! That's part of where I've been.
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

Figured this was a good thread to bring back to life.Got my workbench(jewelers bench) set up.WOOT! Been playing around with some stuff and drawing out designs for future projects.Will be getting an order in soon which will help me get some real work done.Would post a pic but left my cam at grams on Thanksgiving.I will be posting pics of in process designs and pieces when finished in the creative den.
I have a wolf head drawn out, a layered piece that I'm def gonna have to make cut outs of and play around with before I dedicate any metal to it.I've got some black opal and aquamarine coming in,plus silver, 10kt yellow gold and a very small amount of 14kt rose gold.Won't being working in with much gold over 10kt unless its a custom piece ,just to freakin expensive.
Garnu_Thorn
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: Keeper
Additional Details: Under duress that the term werewolf is brandished as fiction, while I may be one, I prefer loupine.
Mood: Relief

Post by Garnu_Thorn »

I know, I'm not a regular poster yet, but I thought I'd share some things since I last said anything. Been perusing other outlets, not so much off the computer. Recently came to the conclusion my car is shot. Came to the realization after spending a few days with my parents before Christmas, life in their house is more stressful from my day to day, I mean night to night activities; I was bound in the bowels the whole time I was there. Not going to happen again.

Gaming is well, but that's gaming.

Hope everyone's New Years is safe, I might have a shot of moonshine, that's about it.
Forest Surround,
Garnakuto Thornuta
"The Garnu"

Quoting Self---"Darkness isn't inherently evil, evil isn't inherently dark. What shall be and those involved omniversal may be righteous in their own perception, but then what of balance? When the powers that be of the 9 and the triad come together we shall see if we can coexist forthcoming."