General Announcments and Updates

The place for anything at all...
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

General Announcments and Updates

Post by WolvenOne »

This topic isn't for anything important, it's just a place for people to type up little updates or announments regarding thier offline life so everybody won't be wondering if a user stops posting for a few days or whatnot.

To get things started, right now I'm working a job that requires me to get up around 5:30AM almost everyday and due in large part to this I'm currently heavily sleep deprived. So I probably won't be terribly active for the next few days, as I expect I'll be spending much of my free time sleeping.

Ahh, sweet sweet sleep.
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Well, I'm making a web site with my friends. :D

Also, I am going back to school (art learning class really, at my church) to learn a thing or too. I can't wait to get started on wood cutting again. :o :wagtail: :splodey:
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

has anyone seen riana the werewolf queen lately? i haven't seen her for a while.
THE GAME

My Armory
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

wolf marine wrote:has anyone seen riana the werewolf queen lately? i haven't seen her for a while.
I don't worry that much when a user is missing for a while. I remeber I was missing from another forum for almost a year and came back and posted like I haven't been gone. :D
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Haven't seen her, hopefully she just got bored and isn't having any sort of troubles of a more serious nature.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Im taking web design this year in school, and my sisters boyfriend is gonna copy me a program for cg animation thats worth like almost $1,000
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Perfect timing -- this is exactly what I was about to post about.

As I'm sure you already know (because I've ranted about it more than enough), I've been having some financial problems, so this afternoon, I'm taking a train back to Ipswich to visit my mother, but more importantly, to see if I can find employment there. If I do find a job, I'll likely be spending the rest of July and all of August there, and since there isn't a reliable network in Ipswich, that likely means you won't hear from me for a while.

So here's hoping I hear back from somebody here in Bridgewater, but as much as I dislike the idea of paying for a place I don't live in anymore, it beats having to move back home for good.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

well nothing much is new with me execpt the fact that I probly wont be on AS much as i was a while ago but I will be on about the same amount of times I am nowadays, for the simple fact that Ive been going to the beach some with some new friends but today is diffrent because of storms and the raining :cry:
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

that sucks
THE GAME

My Armory
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

i'll be gone from the 21st on for about two weeks, and where i'm going (canada) dosn't have computers, so...
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Last edited by outwarddoodles on Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked
Mood: Meh...

Post by Akugarou »

There always seems to be something going on in RL that can keep you from your passions. Or perhaps, add to the old ones?

Case-in-point:

I recently adopted 2 five year old boys which are keeping me very busy.

Yep, recently rescued them from a most uncertain future...

From a local pet shelter. Their names are Ransom and Smokey, and they are two beautiful Domestic Long Hair cats.

This is the good kind of busy, though. I'll be checking in more often as they get settled. :D
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

aaah, dude for a munite there i thought that you adopted twins or some thin. good luck with them.

helpful tip: sleep on your side so they won't end up sleeping on your face.
THE GAME

My Armory
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked
Mood: Meh...

Post by Akugarou »

wolf marine wrote: helpful tip: sleep on your side so they won't end up sleeping on your face.
LOL!!
Thanks for the advice!
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

fullmoonfury wrote:
wolf marine wrote: helpful tip: sleep on your side so they won't end up sleeping on your face.
LOL!!
Thanks for the advice!
your welcome :D sadly that was from a personal experiance.
THE GAME

My Armory
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

i got some bad news my parents got my reportcard from summer school.
guess what, busted! i they took my computer privilages untill i get my grades back up. i will still be on the forum but i won't be on as much as i used to. :( they don't have conterol of the computers at my local libaray and the ones at my school.

see ya later, this souldn't last too long. i suspect that i'll be back about 2 or 3 weeks depends how fast i can munipulate my parents.

see ya guys :D
THE GAME

My Armory
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

wolf marine wrote:see ya later, this souldn't last too long. i suspect that i'll be back about 2 or 3 weeks depends how fast i can munipulate my parents.
I would rather see you manipulate your grades up :lol:

Ah, well. Best of luck.

-- Vilkacis
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

:| if he's in summer school ,then...

Marine, trust me, its WORTH it to put every ounce of effort into your schoolkwork. it sucks a**, but my own expiriences tell me that you shouldn't throw anythign away. it's your own life, and it's the only oneyou've got. (ignoring religion, won't go into it.) my brother had two possibilities: 1: work his a** off and get into areally expensive college free, or slouch and get into a rally crappy college and carry the debt for the next ten or so years. now, which one do you want? (he took the free option, worked at it, and got a free-ride to Drexel.)

i may be only fourteen, but truyst me, you'll look back on this and wish you hadn;t been "such an idiot" to let your schoolwork flop. (if that;s the case. if the work is genunely too hard for you talk to your parents, your teacher,s and get work that is your level. there's nothing wrong with that, in fact, it's the wise thing to do.)
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

I was a crapy student in gradeschool through High School. Let me tell you, its hard to break those bad habits. And YES they show up in your work place too, later on down the road.

Its better to be educated then be 'stupid' because you choose to be. Everyone ( sans the few sad souls ) has the ability to make themselves better then what they were given. Laziness and lack of motivation makes some folks 'loose out' on what greater possibilites there are.

I'm dealing with an issue now, where one of my 'little sisters' ( as I'm a friend of a family ) is just recently graduated and got preggers. She went 'stupid' on me. She doesn't know the amount of BS she's gotten herself into. She just accepts it and goes.., and she has such a wonderful mind, such skills, such personality.., and she let her hormones get the better of her.

*shakes head sadly*

I am very intolerant of "stupid" people, personally. Because I know, with a little bit of education and understanding ( even if its NOT Higher Education ), that people can see past their barriers and world views. They can comprehend ( if not accept ) things outside of their experiences.

Lack Of Education, and Empathy leads to moronic Bias. Another Intolerence I have.

I try to give folks the benefit of the doubt, don't get me wrong.

You'd do yourself such a great dis-service not trying to at least make the effort to fix your grades. Don't be prideful, and not get help if yuo really need it.

If its simply a homework issue, man let me tell you I totally understand. I got a frickin 13 as a final Grade -Average- in 8th grade ( History ) and was PLACED into High School. I've had to struggle, and went to a not-so cheap school. Now I have debt out my butt and just -recently- got a -graveyard shift- job..., doing very boring stuff.

I did it to myself.

My "sister" did it to herself.

Don't dig the same hole. I learned the hard way.

:)

*wags*
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
WereDog
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hell-hound From outer regions of pluto

Post by WereDog »

im going to my granpa soon so i wont be on here for a couple off hours. :lol:
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

i know that but summer school is over and school won't start until late agust. if i what to get lexured i'll go to my parents.
THE GAME

My Armory
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

:cry: I have to go back in two or three weeks, and I haven't started the summer reading yet I'am so dead. :cry:
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Fenrir wrote::cry: I have to go back in two or three weeks, and I haven't started the summer reading yet I'am so dead. :cry:
let me guess, you go to a year round school
THE GAME

My Armory
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Nope, just have to read three books for A.P. English, wich after I'am done I have to write a three page report :cry: on each, and I thaught that school would be easy in Georgia.
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

that sucks that you have to do home work on summer vacation.

i hate it when the man sticks it to us!! :x
THE GAME

My Armory