General Announcments and Updates

The place for anything at all...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Fenrir wrote::o OMG your brother paid for something
I know, that was my first thought too ("Who are you and what have you done with my brother?!!"). :lol:

Also, I didn't think I would be able to get online over the weekend since all campus buildings are closed then, but I'm here anyway by the will of a disgruntled janitor. :D Cheers to you Danny!
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

My dads other hard drive got messed up, and I forgot my password to my login name so I had to have one the email sent me :cry: luckily you guys have that automatic login, but now all my stuff is gone in the other drive :cry:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

As a quick announcement...

Tomorrow, I graduate the US Army Basic Recruiter Course. Seven weeks of... *cough* interesting class are over. Next stop - Arkansas.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Baphnedia wrote:As a quick announcement...

Tomorrow, I graduate the US Army Basic Recruiter Course. Seven weeks of... *cough* interesting class are over. Next stop - Arkansas.

Congrats. :D

Heh, I remember when I was working at the Post's Shopette when an Army recruiter came up to me and said...... "Wouldn't you rather be in the Army than working here?"

Eh.....thought about it and joined.

Basic training was a drag. :drillsgt: Sure was glad when it was over.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

*turns on his computer*

It's alive! IT'S ALIIIIIIIVE!!! MUA-HA-HA-HAAAAAH!!!!

*ahem* Brand new hard drive on my home compy, which has more ups than downs. The downs, of course, are that all of the files I didn't back up on discs are gone; I saved all of my writing, so most of the files I've lost are games and the like (which I have no qualms about redoing). The only thing that I lost which I feel the Pack (or at least Mr. Brownrigg) should know about are my Introduction and Audition videos; Anthony now has the only remaining copies of that thing. :P

Beyond that though, everything should be back to normal soon enough.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Thanks Fig!

Oh, it's good to hear that your computer is alive. Mine won't die. I swear it's immortal or something. Of course, when it does die, it will do so quietly, as I won't be able to post an announcement of it's passing.
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

I was gone all day for a reason. I am an new artist and manager of a wrestler from the HCW! :o

HCW, Hardcore Chamionship Wrestling, is an wrestling show that is known in Dayton (Not rich like the WWE but ok anyways :lol: ) It is on T.V. every tuesday or thursday. I went there with my brother (who is an announcer) for an art tryout. I thought I was too young to work but everyone (the staff and wrestlers) is between 12-26. I wasn't betting on getting a job there but the pay for an artist was ok. 75 a week is kinda good for an 16 year old. :lol:

Well, after I was picked to draw there, they asked me if I was good handling money, which was a kinda weird question. I told them that I was not bad in that and they gave me a wrestler to manage! And if I do it right, I could come down to the ring! :o I was like, this is going TOO fast and why did they give me this job. They said because I seem able to do it AND I looked good enough to walk out with a wrestler. (ME? nah! :oops: )

I'm not geting started on these jobs just yet. I need to practice a couple weeks so I will be gone all day on tuesdays or thurdays. Expect some wrestling art (like HCW logos and the wrestler's logos) in my gallery soon. It's been a g day a VERY long day. :lol:
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Um but aren't you homeschooled?
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Fenrir wrote:Um but aren't you homeschooled?
Yeah? ??

Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

But isnt that a school related wrestling team or am i missentertpreting
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Hamster wrote:
Fenrir wrote:Um but aren't you homeschooled?
Yeah? ??
*Rereads my post*

Oh, my bad! I see what you mean. I will be gone from 6 to 9 pm on tuesdays and thursdays. Sorry. :lol:

Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Fenrir wrote:But isnt that a school related wrestling team or am i missentertpreting
No no no, it is pro wrestling. You know, the fake kind. :lol:

Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Well I was confusedtherefor a second 8)

-Satyricon
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Fenrir wrote:Well I was confusedtherefor a second 8)
Nah, it's ok. You didn't know so you asked. Just a way to know more. :D

outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Last edited by outwarddoodles on Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

:? Okay... He's paying rent now, but I might have another problem with him.

I'm not entirely sure how big of a problem it is though, which is why I have a question which I hope the rest of the pack will be able to answer:

Can anything legal be smoked out of a water bong?

The reason I ask is because I found one that he'd made out of a Gatorade bottle in his room. I already know he smokes like a chimney, but if he's smoking what I suspect he is, I'm going to have to turn vicious again.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

There is one thing that can be legally smoked.

I think.

Five star tobacco (flavored tobacco) where you use a hooka and coals. I had some pictures of me smoking it in Kuwait City... thankfully not in uniform (because someone out there would assume that it was something else).

But, that's the only legal thing I know of, and it tastes really good.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I might be abusing the general announcements forum... but I just hit 200,000 page views since my last overhaul of Paradice Net.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Gone Camping

Post by WolvenOne »

I'll be off for the next few days on a camping trip. Might even do some fishing if I can manage it. I'll be back on Monday.

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Kilopost!

Post by Scott Gardener »

This is my thousandth post, so I wanted it to be a good one.

The world is changing all the time. It's nice to have milestones from time to time to get us to stop and think about how our lives are different. For many of us, Christmas serves that purpose. For me, another annual milestone is A-Kon in Dallas. I've been every year since 1993. During one, I left, attended my medical school graduation, and came back a doctor. During another, my sister first met the man who is now her husband. I'll certainly remember this year's convention, meeting some of you in person, including Figarou, Arania, and the Brownriggs, as well as some of ReQuest entertainment's other key members and associates.

So, 1000 posts is another milestone; a rather individual one that comes to each of us at a different time. I have the unique distinction of being the tenth person to reach that mark. It's a strange honor that I didn't expect. I have no illusions about total number of posts being a measure of importance. Goldenwolf may have at this point less posts in terms of numbers, but her importance to the therianthropic community and the Pack is well-accepted. Brownrigg himself has yet to reach the 1000th post at this point, because he's instead at work getting the real work done. Silver, his wife, has barely passed the 100th post, and her importance is beyond debate, since she among other things wrote Freeborn's script. That I reached 1000 sooner simply means that I've got more free moments online.

We've seen some tough times in the world. Aside from the present day crisis in New Orleans, the largest natural disaster to hit my country in over a hundred years, we've also seen the tsunami, the largest global catastrophe in at least the same recorded time period. We've also seen the bittersweet triumph of the Discovery's launch. On a personal note, since I first joined the Pack, I've started a new job and seen a number of changes in the lives of close friends where I live. My wife's and my hair dresser now owns her own business, and the hospital where I do most of my work right now is in the process of adding a cardiac cath lab.

We've seen "Devoured" develop from a $50,000 direct-to-video to the $6.1 million Freeborn. That has been very exciting. Even if my role has been little more than a commenator, I still feel involved, and I appreciate the star treatment that ReQuest Entertainment and the Brownriggs have given me. The pendant you gave me at A-Kon has been a regular feature of my wardrobe, and Figarou's figure is now displayed prominently on my computer station.

We've seen a lot happen in less than a year's time. All of you have been a great source of inspiration. My thanks goes out to Anthony and Megan Brownrigg, not only for doing something I have felt for years could only be something I'd dream about--a werewolf movie done right, based on werewolf fandom and therian interests rather than Hollywood conventions, but also for providing inspiration for my own continuing works, which I can now genuinely believe will lead to a published novel.

With both excitement and apprehension, I am eager to see how the world will be when I post my 2000th post.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

heres to this wonderful year, cheers :howl:  :oo
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

I am dusting off the Evil Tet comics [spoiler]That is why I have been drawing and writing about him alot lately.[/spoiler] and making more. I haven't REALLY [spoiler]though I made some strips[/spoiler] made a Tet comic since '03 but I have been writing plot lines and making covers for them. I am also remaking very very crappy ones (back to '00). Might post them if I have time.

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: Kilopost!

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:This is my thousandth post, so I wanted it to be a good one.

The world is changing all the time. It's nice to have milestones from time to time to get us to stop and think about how our lives are different. For many of us, Christmas serves that purpose. For me, another annual milestone is A-Kon in Dallas. I've been every year since 1993. During one, I left, attended my medical school graduation, and came back a doctor. During another, my sister first met the man who is now her husband. I'll certainly remember this year's convention, meeting some of you in person, including Figarou, Arania, and the Brownriggs, as well as some of ReQuest entertainment's other key members and associates.

So, 1000 posts is another milestone; a rather individual one that comes to each of us at a different time. I have the unique distinction of being the tenth person to reach that mark. It's a strange honor that I didn't expect. I have no illusions about total number of posts being a measure of importance. Goldenwolf may have at this point less posts in terms of numbers, but her importance to the therianthropic community and the Pack is well-accepted. Brownrigg himself has yet to reach the 1000th post at this point, because he's instead at work getting the real work done. Silver, his wife, has barely passed the 100th post, and her importance is beyond debate, since she among other things wrote Freeborn's script. That I reached 1000 sooner simply means that I've got more free moments online.

We've seen some tough times in the world. Aside from the present day crisis in New Orleans, the largest natural disaster to hit my country in over a hundred years, we've also seen the tsunami, the largest global catastrophe in at least the same recorded time period. We've also seen the bittersweet triumph of the Discovery's launch. On a personal note, since I first joined the Pack, I've started a new job and seen a number of changes in the lives of close friends where I live. My wife's and my hair dresser now owns her own business, and the hospital where I do most of my work right now is in the process of adding a cardiac cath lab.

We've seen "Devoured" develop from a $50,000 direct-to-video to the $6.1 million Freeborn. That has been very exciting. Even if my role has been little more than a commenator, I still feel involved, and I appreciate the star treatment that ReQuest Entertainment and the Brownriggs have given me. The pendant you gave me at A-Kon has been a regular feature of my wardrobe, and Figarou's figure is now displayed prominently on my computer station.

We've seen a lot happen in less than a year's time. All of you have been a great source of inspiration. My thanks goes out to Anthony and Megan Brownrigg, not only for doing something I have felt for years could only be something I'd dream about--a werewolf movie done right, based on werewolf fandom and therian interests rather than Hollywood conventions, but also for providing inspiration for my own continuing works, which I can now genuinely believe will lead to a published novel.

With both excitement and apprehension, I am eager to see how the world will be when I post my 2000th post.

It has been an interesting 1st year on this forum. Even though one year hasn't arrived yet. I'm glad you liked the mini werewolf I gave you. Its something to remember me by. Its a token of friendship from one Pack member to another. :D
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Okay, back from my camping trip. Still getting settled back in though so don't expect me to be TOO terribly talketive just yet.

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Okay, here we go again. *deep breath*

Just yesterday, I finally got everything back on my computer that I'd intended to (it took so long because I had to go on a weekend trek to my mother's place to retrieve a lot of key codes). Now I've got a brand spankin' new problem to keep me from accessing the Internet at home. This time it's the monitor: it started by flickering sequentially (which made posting here difficult because reading with the words bouncing up and down gave me one hell of a headache), then the screen just went all but completely black. I don't mean like black as in it isn't on, because if I turn off all the lights, cover up all the windows and lean forward and squint at my monitor, I can just faintly make out the outline of an open menu window.

I currently suspect this might have something to do with the new video card, which my father replaced the original with, apparently to fix a problem that I didn't have. At least I hope it's the video card, because it if isn't, that means I might need a new monitor, which will be so expensive to replace on a laptop that I might as well just save up and buy a new one.

Thankfully, classes start today, which means the campus computers will be available for access from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. The only problem is that now that all the dorm residents are back, their in much more high demand.

So anyway, I've sent an e-mail from the campus computer I'm using to my father explaining my problem, and hopefully it is the video card and that we can either get the new one to work or reinstall the old one. Otherwise, once again, expect to hear a lot less of me for a while.