i might be pregnant

The place for anything at all...
Flatline
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: More to me than what your eye sees
Additional Details: Gender on profile no longer specified. Reason: There is no genderqueer option.
Mood: Happy

i might be pregnant

Post by Flatline »

its still too early to tell, but i think that i might be pregnant. im getting very moody and im always hungry. i took the morning after pill but i dont think it worked. if i am pregnant its my bf's kid
Friendship is a precious thing.... Until it is abused and you are rendered unloved. Few remain at my side, one of them is the most compassionate man I have ever met. I love you silver1, thank you for being at my side when i need you the most. I will try, if only for you.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Re: i might be pregnant

Post by PariahPoet »

Congratulations? :?
Wolf Gal
Banned
Custom Title: Werewolf.... Howlllllll
Mood: Depressed

Post by Wolf Gal »

Congrats!!!! how are you coping :?
Grrrrrr........ Dragons or werewolves i am so in..........
http://world7.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=113179143
go to this website to become a werewolf
Pet's name: Shana
Adopt your own!
http://new-moon-movie.net/forum
go to this if you like newmoon and twilight and all that stuff
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

How old are you, and what is your current situation? If you do not have the money or means to take care of a child, have you considered abortion?
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Geeze Mork. Just chomping at the bit to kill stuff...
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Pariah, would we call him 'Mork' if he wasn't? Well, then again, we'll have to find him a girlfriend sometime and call them "Mork and Mindy." But, he does make a good point. A lot of us who aren't still in school wouldn't know that a quickly growing number of high schools have day care centers now, so that having children doesn't interfere with getting one's education. Definitely not the standard that was around when I was growing up.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

If you are pregnant, I hope you take one of the following options.

1. Don't abort the kid. I support abortion, but only if it endangers the mother's health.

2. If you know you cannot support the child. give it up for adoption. I'm adopted, and because my birth mother made the right decision,
I have had a great life. Abandonment issues can really screw up a kid's life, unless they are raised in a loving family. If things had
gone another way, I can't imagine the kind of mental anguish i might have.

3. Keep it. Raise it. Know that you can;t go around partying like so many irresponsible "parents" do. Don't pawn off your responsibilities
as a parent to other people. This will be your job now.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Baphnedia wrote:Pariah, would we call him 'Mork' if he wasn't? Well, then again, we'll have to find him a girlfriend sometime and call them "Mork and Mindy."
??

Uhm, anyway.

Since she posted it on here I thought she might be concerned with her pregnancy and I think she has to be concerned for a reason. If she is completely fine with having a baby, then I congratulate her, but she didn't seem exactly happy with it.
PariahPoet wrote:Geeze Mork. Just chomping at the bit to kill stuff...
Abortion is not killing. A foetus doesn't have a consious, therefore it is impossible to kill if it is not alive.
Last edited by Morkulv on Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Flatline
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Gender on profile no longer specified. Reason: There is no genderqueer option.

Post by Flatline »

to answer some questions no i will not consider abortion if i am pregnant. i just cant do that to a kid. im 21 and out of school. i wont consider adoption either. and im trying to get a job. my bf (age 25) will try to start working full time instead of part time.

im not sure yet if i am pregnant but i intend to get a pregnancy test done next month if i dont get my period soon.
Friendship is a precious thing.... Until it is abused and you are rendered unloved. Few remain at my side, one of them is the most compassionate man I have ever met. I love you silver1, thank you for being at my side when i need you the most. I will try, if only for you.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Flatline wrote:to answer some questions no i will not consider abortion if i am pregnant. i just cant do that to a kid.
I can't help but to correct you on this.

1) A foetus is not a 'kid', nor a 'child', or even a 'baby'. A foetus is a foetus and it doesn't have a consious.
2) If you seriously don't want to harm a kid, then abortion would actually be a good consideration if you are pregnant unwanted and without the resources to take proper care of a child. You always want the best for your child right? The youth is a very important part of life and should not be underestimated, therefore I wouldn't give any child a childhood that is flatout depressing because his/her parents don't have the resources to deal with a child. And its scientific fact that children react to his/her parents (especially the mother) emotions. Think about that.

Alot of people seem to have the wrong impression of what abortion is and what the purpose of it is, but if you don't happen to have a proper home, job, or income to take care of a kid then its better for both the potential child and mother that the foetus is aborted.
Sevena

Post by Sevena »

Last edited by Sevena on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

ImageImageImageImage
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Morkulv wrote:
Flatline wrote:to answer some questions no i will not consider abortion if i am pregnant. i just cant do that to a kid.

1) A foetus is not a 'kid', nor a 'child', or even a 'baby'. A foetus is a foetus and it doesn't have a consious.
2) If you seriously don't want to harm a kid, then abortion would actually be a good consideration if you are pregnant unwanted and without the resources to take proper care of a child. You always want the best for your child right? The youth is a very important part of life and should not be underestimated, therefore I wouldn't give any child a childhood that is flatout depressing because his/her parents don't have the resources to deal with a child. And its scientific fact that children react to his/her parents (especially the mother) emotions. Think about that.

Alot of people seem to have the wrong impression of what abortion is and what the purpose of it is, but if you don't happen to have a proper home, job, or income to take care of a kid then its better for both the potential child and mother that the foetus is aborted.
While you are entitled to your opinion, it doesn't mean everyone else has to believe the same thing. It's really rude to treat people as ignorant if they don't share your beliefs. It would be much less offensive if you said these are the reasons you don't believe a fetus is a person yet instead of phrasing it as the reasons why anyone who disagrees is wrong.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Anyway, Flatline, I hope all goes well for you.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

PariahPoet wrote:
Morkulv wrote:

While you are entitled to your opinion, it doesn't mean everyone else has to believe the same thing. It's really rude to treat people as ignorant if they don't share your beliefs. It would be much less offensive if you said these are the reasons you don't believe a fetus is a person yet instead of phrasing it as the reasons why anyone who disagrees is wrong.
These is really nothing offensive about my posts, and why would you be offended apart from simply disagreeing with me? Somehow I get the impression that you are frustrated towards me because I state something that you don't (want to) believe in, rather then my post being 'rude' towards anyone, which I find quite hard to believe.

This isn't something I just 'believe in', this is something that is proven by modern science. Abortion is not a matter of opinion, its a matter knowing what it does and for who it is intended. You should look it up, I've also read a couple of very informative articles concerning this and I also knew somebody who was in a bad situation as well and got pregnant.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Well, Flatline, best of luck with this.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Flatline
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Flatline »

im finding out if im pregnant on thursday. i made an appointment to see my doctor
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Good luck.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Not to be obvious... :evil:

But did you do an in-home pregnancy test (Urine and a test stick). They're pretty accurate, and they work early in pregnancy.

And "Morning Sickness" has causes other than pregnancy... Fear of pregnancy is one of them.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Flatline: I give you the best of wishes! Although I support a woman's legal right to abortion, but I don't support encouraging it, and I'm happy to know that you are willing to assume the responsibility for your child regardless of your final choice. I hope you receive plenty of love and support. <3

By the way, I'm moody and always hungry too, but that's not pregnancy related. You never know, you could just be scaring yourself. = P
Morkulv wrote:

Mork and vrikasatma
: Argue with Pariah about the merits of abortion if you want, but not Flatline -- it's her child and her choice. Don't convince her otherwise; especially if she's expressing the inclination to take care of or adopt out the child, never said she didn't want the child, and when she never stated that she directly opposes abortion for everyone else.

(P.S. To Vrik and Mork; I totally agree about a child being wanted when they're born. It's one of the primary reasons that I support legalized abortions; I don't think mothers that would otherwise have abortions would make adequate parents for when that unwanted child finally comes. It's sad, and thanks for being tough enough to say that in a forum.) : ' (
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

I have no interest in arguing about abortion. If a woman makes that decision early on in the pregnancy for health reasons or because she cannot care for a child then I'm not going to judge because I have never been in that situation.

Where I'm having a problem is not with what you believe (If you'd read my post you would have seen me clearly express that you are as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.) My problem is with your condescending attitude and the way your responses insinuate that anyone who disagrees with you is ignorant. For example-
Morkulv wrote: I can't help but to correct you on this.
That is what pissed me off.

I also think it's a little tacky to go touting what a good option abortion is before you even know if she wants to keep it. I could understand if she came on and said she's terrified and can't take care of a baby and doesn't know what to do, but at that point in the discussion she could have also been posting because she's happy to be having a baby. You didn't know.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I'm not going to say anything other than what I've already said until Flatline finds out where she stands and gets back to us.

I would like to say this, though:
Scenario: Someone comes on here and starts a thread titled, "I just bought a tiger cub from a breeder".

There'd be paragraph after paragraph after paragraph of recriminations, reproaches, lectures about keeping a dangerous apex predator in one's back yard, does the poster have the right equipment, permits, training, et al.

I know some people who keep exotic cats. They take a lot of static and have a massive, life-changing responsibility. And the vast majority of them agree that this is the order of events, in sequence:

- Get the training from a professional zoo keeper, a course of study at least as long as a Master's degree at university.
- Get the required paperwork from state, local and federal officials.
- Build the facility and have it cleared by an inspector.
- Line up food supplies, water, a veterinarian if they don't have a degree in large and/or exotic animal veterinary medicine already.
- Take out insurance.
- Buy the cat last.

Do we agree that a human baby/child/person is no less important than a tiger cub?

The child has no more say in where they come in than the tiger cub did.

The child has every potential to grow up to be at least as dangerous and lethal as the full-grown tiger, given the right attitude and access to the tools of death and destruction.

And yet, what is the requirement and sequence of events in order to bring a human child into existence?
- Have functional testicles and ovaries and a uterus.
- Get them together at the right time of hormonal readiness.
- Have a Christian fundamentalist find out and say "Don't get an abortion or God will send you to Hell!" and listen to them.
- Lots and lots of people congratulate the happy parents. Cheering, smiling and laughter ensues.
- Baby is born.
Optional: Have four walls, floor and roof, a regular paycheck, college education, access to sufficient amounts of nutritionally-wholesome foodstuffs.

Why?
ImageImageImageImage
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

PariahPoet wrote:I have no interest in arguing about abortion. If a woman makes that decision early on in the pregnancy for health reasons or because she cannot care for a child then I'm not going to judge because I have never been in that situation.

Where I'm having a problem is not with what you believe (If you'd read my post you would have seen me clearly express that you are as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.) My problem is with your condescending attitude and the way your responses insinuate that anyone who disagrees with you is ignorant. For example-
Morkulv wrote: I can't help but to correct you on this.
That is what pissed me off.

I also think it's a little tacky to go touting what a good option abortion is before you even know if she wants to keep it. I could understand if she came on and said she's terrified and can't take care of a baby and doesn't know what to do, but at that point in the discussion she could have also been posting because she's happy to be having a baby. You didn't know.
I don't get it, why is that so condescending? According to her post she clearly doesn't have a proper view of abortion, so I was correcting her on it. Nothing condenscending about that, a lot of people have the wrong idea of abortion, including yourself since you view abortion as 'murder'.

Well, lets put this very easy: did she SEEM happy about it? According to me she didn't, and if she would have been happy with it I am very sure that she would at least put in a lot more information then she did. I have seen quite a few girls become proud mothers in my life, but they all reacted a lot more excited then she did.

You can argue all you want, but I still think this is a matter of what you want to believe. My intention is very clear; I want to help. Nothing more nothing less.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Morkulv wrote: I don't get it, why is that so condescending? According to her post she clearly doesn't have a proper view of abortion, so I was correcting her on it. Nothing condenscending about that, a lot of people have the wrong idea of abortion, including yourself since you view abortion as 'murder'.
See, you're doing it again. You're telling me my beliefs are not valid. I can respect your beliefs, why can't you respect mine? That is all I ask.