Fleas! (A question)

The place for anything at all...
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Fleas! (A question)

Post by Kzinistzerg »

So my cute kitty cat has them. We have ways to get them off of him, and we've taken care of the house and cloth and such.

But I think they jumped on me. I've been finding too many in my vicinity over the last week for it to be coincidence!

We just treated the house today; i'm going to give my hair a reaaaly good scrub with shampoo and conditioner tonight and leave it in for a while and hope that if there are any trying to set up shop that that will get them off.

But if it doesn't... are there any people-flea remedies you guys can think of? The ol' lots-of-soap-and-water should do it but insects can be very resilient. :P
Sevena

Re: Fleas! (A question)

Post by Sevena »

hhmm, well you could always use the flea shampoo on you that you used on your kitty.if you still finding them around you i would treat your mattress and bedding.use a fine toothed comb when doing your hair to snag any eggs.you could also run a sink with water and vinegar(more vinegar than water)and soak your head if you think they've begun nesting there.hope any of this helps.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

There are several anti-flea soaps and shampoos out there. Look for something with either Pine-tar, Sulfur, or Rosemary in it.

The stuff for lice works on fleas as well.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

That, and you'll need to treat the house for fleas; fleas can survive and lay eggs in carpets and linens, creating a reservoir to ride out the Armageddon of medicated collars and body lotions. Be sure to get them, too.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Post by Alpha »

You can drown them by placing a big bowl of sudsy water in the middle of a dark room with a lamp over it. The water has to be sudsy. Otherwise, they would be able to jump right back out. Fleas are so light their bodies can't even break the surface tension of regular water.