[Upcoming] A new "Werewolf The Apocalypse" game from Paradox

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
RongYao
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Believe in everything .

[Upcoming] A new "Werewolf The Apocalypse" game from Paradox

Post by RongYao »

Heres the announcement on their website.
wta.png
Official Homepage Link
Official Forums
Official Twitter

Platforms: PC, CONSOLES (PS4, Xbox one)
Release date: To be announced
Category: RPG
Developer: Cyanide Studio
Publisher: Focus Home Interactive

After the news of the old game which was looking quite decent at the time, i guess this should be something we are all going to like. Well I am just hoping the werewolves in the game will be as good as the ones in their manuals and comics. :D
Last edited by RongYao on Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I really think that there have something in the dark , Im gonna check this out ... Ill be right back and dont panic if something going wrong or just dont go after me !
p.s. You dont need to know what happens .
My deviantart page
My furaffinity page
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Re: [Upcoming] A new "Werewolf The Apocalypse" game from Paradox

Post by Uniform Two Six »

I've actually been following this (to one degree or another) for a few months now over on the Onyx Path forum. I'll reserve judgement until I see more, but I'm not particularly hopeful.

1. Every time they've tried to do a W:tA game, it's imploded.
2. White Wolf isn't really into World of Darkness anymore. At this point, White Wolf is simply a holding company for intellectual property (with, apparently, no staff). All of the creative talent went over to Onyx Path.
3. If Paradox is behind it, they're probably just hoping to use the title to generate interest, rather than actually do W:tA justice. Paradox is more into doing original stuff that they own lock-stock-and-barrel. I have difficulty imagining that they will sink any real resources into a project that (for them) is really no more than a licensing agreement.
4. Paradox has been talking about this for something like six months now... and all they have is a graphic on a website (there's also some concept art floating around the Web, but there's not even that on the website). That's not encouraging.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see a genuine Werewolf: the Apocalypse video game. But the Garou are too niche and complex to have much appeal (particularly among the video game crowd) to the casual consumer. The flip side being that, the people who are going to go in because of the title, are going to want something decidedly different than what the first-person-shooter crowd want. Mass Effect is the perfect example of this point. Most role players loved Mass Effect... but in many parts of the gamer world, Mass Effect got horrendous reviews because (and I quote) "...It has beautiful visuals, but you have to wade through seemingly endless dialogue before anything exciting ever actually happens..."
RongYao
Legendary
Legendary

Post by RongYao »

Uniform Two Six wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:43 pm I've actually been following this (to one degree or another) for a few months now over on the Onyx Path forum. I'll reserve judgement until I see more, but I'm not particularly hopeful.

1. Every time they've tried to do a W:tA game, it's imploded.
2. White Wolf isn't really into World of Darkness anymore. At this point, White Wolf is simply a holding company for intellectual property (with, apparently, no staff). All of the creative talent went over to Onyx Path.
3. If Paradox is behind it, they're probably just hoping to use the title to generate interest, rather than actually do W:tA justice. Paradox is more into doing original stuff that they own lock-stock-and-barrel. I have difficulty imagining that they will sink any real resources into a project that (for them) is really no more than a licensing agreement.
4. Paradox has been talking about this for something like six months now... and all they have is a graphic on a website (there's also some concept art floating around the Web, but there's not even that on the website). That's not encouraging.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see a genuine Werewolf: the Apocalypse video game. But the Garou are too niche and complex to have much appeal (particularly among the video game crowd) to the casual consumer. The flip side being that, the people who are going to go in because of the title, are going to want something decidedly different than what the first-person-shooter crowd want. Mass Effect is the perfect example of this point. Most role players loved Mass Effect... but in many parts of the gamer world, Mass Effect got horrendous reviews because (and I quote) "...It has beautiful visuals, but you have to wade through seemingly endless dialogue before anything exciting ever actually happens..."
True, i think there was 2 attempts for a game before this one and my expectations are not yuge, However even if we accept that paradox is not making their own creation, i guess the motivation and resources behind it should not be vanishing, looking thru all their titles which were a result of collaboration, most of them are fantasy theme ones, and paradox so far did good when they went with 1C for example, or frictional games, i have my doubts about white wolf, since every single side project they took in the past was either discontinued and or unreleased, therefore i hope that is why paradox is involved.
I really think that there have something in the dark , Im gonna check this out ... Ill be right back and dont panic if something going wrong or just dont go after me !
My deviantart page
My furaffinity page
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

RongYao wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:03 pm ... therefore i hope that is why paradox is involved.
Ditto. I'm hoping that the thing comes to fruition, and that Paradox does its usual awesome best. Two of my three favorite PC games are Paradox creations (Hearts of Iron, and Cities: Skylines). I have my doubts that they'll be able to pull it off, but I'd love to be proven wrong. And, honestly, given their stellar track record, if anyone can pull this off it would be Paradox.
RongYao
Legendary
Legendary

Post by RongYao »

Well it seems it wouldn't be developed by them.

Platforms: PC, CONSOLES (PS4, Xbox one)
Release date: To be announced
Category: RPG
Developer: Cyanide Studio
Publisher: Focus Home Interactive

When i red that i was like, okey i am confused, after the topics we've mentioned, then i've looked thru the sites and that was the finding.
Cyanide Studio is known with Styx series, Blood Bowl series and Call of cthulhu.
I think the answer of it is different, seems like paradox owns white wolf.
But... Cyanide Studio did amazing job with Styx 1 and Styx 2, so i am not against it I am even more happy that they will be working in a party with white-wolf (paradox). ;D

Information from wikipedia. For more information check the source page of paradox interactive linked below.
Paradox Interactive purchased White Wolf Publishing's assets, including World of Darkness and Vampire: The Masquerade, from CCP Games in October 2015.[9] White Wolf became a self-operating subsidiary of Paradox Interactive with its own management and goals.

In January 2017, White Wolf announced its partnership with video game publisher Focus Home Interactive for the video game adaptation of Werewolf: The Apocalypse, a tabletop role-playing game set in the World of Darkness. The game will be developed by the game development studio Cyanide and released on PC and consoles.
Source: https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf/

Announcement by Paradox interactive.
ParadoxInteractive wrote: January 19, 2017
White Wolf partners with Focus Home Interactive for a video game adaptation of the World of Darkness Storyteller game, Werewolf: The Apocalypse.

White Wolf is pleased to announce its partnership with Paris-based video game publisher Focus Home Interactive for a licensed PC and console game set in the World of Darkness.

The partnership between Focus Home Interactive and White Wolf Publishing concerns the adaptation of a video game based on the acclaimed Werewolf: The Apocalypse. The game will be developed by the game development studio Cyanide (Styx: Master of Shadows, Blood Bowl, Call of Cthulhu…). In the game you will become a Garou, a rage-fuelled Werewolf warrior opposed to urban civilization and the destruction it brings. The Garou are born to fight the corruption of The Wyrm, a powerful supernatural force leading us towards an inevitable Apocalypse.

“The world is dying. When will you Rage? The core question of Werewolf: The Apocalypse is more relevant today than ever before and the cooperation with Focus and Cyanide will finally give gamers the opportunity to revel in the raw power and primal spirituality of the Garou. What is the price of saving the world with fang and claw? Find out for yourself as we explore the darkest corners of a dying planet.”, says Martin Ericsson, Lead Story Teller of White Wolf.

“We are pleased to partner with White Wolf to bring Werewolf: The Apocalypse to life in a video game for consoles and PC. We are excited to work on the World of Darkness universe, as this is formidable playground to tell the players a great story. We are also happy to partner with Cyanide Studio in this adventure – they are behind the original wish to adapt this universe, and we are faithful in their ability to create a game that will please both fans of World of Darkness and newcomers”, says Cédric Lagarrigue, President of Focus Home Interactive

“The World of Darkness universe has always attracted creatives with a strong passion for telling dark and immersive stories. So to work closely with the great talent at Focus Home and Cyanide exploring the Werewolves of this universe is an absolutely fantastic experience for us at White Wolf and we are more than excited to see this great IP realised in a video game”, says Tobias Sjögren, CEO of White Wolf.

More information about this adaptation will come at this year’s Focus Home Interactive event, “le What’s Next de Focus”, taking place in Paris on February 1st and 2nd.

White Wolf contact:

Tobias Sjögren, CEO

press@white-wolf.com

This information is information that Paradox Interactive AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication on January 19, 2017.
Source: https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/w ... pocalypse/

Then we are having Focus Home Interactive involved as a publisher.
FocusHomeInteractive wrote:FOCUS HOME INTERACTIVE PARTNERS UP WITH WHITE WOLF FOR THE VIDEO GAME ADAPTATION OF WEREWOLF: THE APOCALYPSE SET IN THE WORLD OF DARKNESS
20 JAN 2017

Paris-based video game publisher Focus Home Interactive is pleased to announce its partnership with White Wolf Publishing, license owner of the famous World of Darkness universe (Vampire The Masquerade, Werewolf, Mage Ascension).

The World of Darkness is a gritty vision of our own time. The world’s most devious conspiracies are true. The divide between the rich and the poor is huge and corruption is rife. In the shadows of our declining societies, humans fall victim to supernatural horrors, all struggling for control.

The partnership between Focus Home Interactive and White Wolf Publishing concerns the adaptation in a video game of one of the most acclaimed licenses from the World of Darkness - Werewolf: The Apocalypse. The game will be developed by studio Cyanide (Styx: Master of Shadows, Blood Bowl, Call of Cthulhu). Become a werewolf, known as Garou (from French 'Loup-garou' meaning werewolf), immersed in the atmosphere of their shamanistic and tribal world. Garou are Werewolf warriors opposed to urban civilization and supernatural corruption, all heading towards inevitable apocalypse.

“The World of Darkness has always attracted creatives with a strong passion for telling dark and immersive stories. So to work closely with the great talent at Focus Home and Cyanide exploring the savage Werewolves of this universe is an absolutely fantastic experience for us at White Wolf and we are more than excited to see this great and highly relevant IP realized in a video game”, says Tobias Sjögren, CEO of White Wolf.

“We are pleased to partner with White Wolf to bring Werewolf: The Apocalypse to life in a video game for consoles and PC. We are excited to work on the World of Darkness universe, as this is formidable playground to tell the players a great story. We are also happy to partner with Cyanide Studio in this adventure – they are behind the original wish to adapt this universe, and we are faithful in their ability to create a game that will please both fans of World of Darkness and newcomers”, says Cédric Lagarrigue, President of Focus Home Interactive

More info about this new adaptation of this brutal Werewolf mythology to come at this year’s event in Paris, “le What’s Next de Focus”, on February 1st and 2nd.
Source: http://focus-home.com/en/news/1225-focu ... f-darkness
My deviantart page
My furaffinity page