Moonwatcher
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guardian
Mood: Sad

The Secret World

Post by Moonwatcher »

New Game being made looks good check it out! :D
Take the test find out which group u belong to mines Dragon.

http://www.darkdaysarecoming.com/
Humans Fear The Beast Within the Wolf Because
They Do Not Understand the beast Within Themselves
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Re: The Secret World

Post by Sebiale »

Known about it for a long time, I swing back and forth between Dragon and Templars.
Updates are so slow...
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Sebiale wrote:I swing back and forth between Dragon and Templars.
Same here.

That'll be the first thing to spell trouble for this game; the limitations on the moral compass they have in place. I took a similar test for the game Fallen Earth, which has six factions and found myself stuck in between two factions there as well. With only three factions to choose from, there's even less room for a gray area, and more importantly, no room for an "anti-Illuminati" faction, which I'd wager is the faction both Sebiale and I would find ourselves in.

If the three factions directly oppose each other, one of two things is going to happen: Either the players in the Dragon and Templar will ally against the Illuminati and create an unbalanced gaming atmosphere, or they'll continue the three-way conflict and give the Illuminati the edge on account of all the "evil is kewl" gamers boosting their numbers. I've seen this before -- you can't have a balanced gameplay with an uneven number of sides to the conflict. Regardless of how well this game is developed, human nature is going to get in the way of a decent gaming experience.
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Sebiale »

The three factions going against each other isn't the point of the game.
All of the factions want to save the world from the...evil things... (we have no idea what they're called) but the manner in which they each do it generates problems between one another.
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Sebiale wrote:The three factions going against each other isn't the point of the game.
All of the factions want to save the world from the...evil things... (we have no idea what they're called) but the manner in which they each do it generates problems between one another.
Oh, well that will make it even less of a fulfilling experience if the conflict gets in the way of it. Trust me, there will be people on all three sides all too eager to butt heads with the other factions. Especially those "evil is kewl" people -- if all three sides are supposed to be opposed to the evil forces, that's definitely going to turn them myg0t. :P

It's the one fundamental truth that no gaming developer has ever completely realized: some people are just devoted to screwing with the gaming experiences of others. :P
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Sebiale »

I disagree, they are well aware of it, it's just very hard to develop effective counters against that population base.

Also I didn't say they didn't fight each other, they do that alot too, the game is meant to be a combo of PvP and PvE, kind of like WoW.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Game looks neat, been watching for a while.

I love modern horror/supernatural stuff, so I'm certainly giving it a poke at some point. As to which society, I got Dragons, which seems about right. Dragons/Templar are ones I could see myself joining but not Illuminati.

Also I lol'd at the weapon question. I wonder which weapon countered towards which group.
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Sebiale »

Katana is for the Dragons
Machine Gun is for the Illumanati
Pistol for the Templar.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Sebiale wrote:Katana is for the Dragons
Pistol for the Templar.
Really? I'd have thought those last two switched.

Templars being all militaristic and all it seems the SMG would be the choice over a mere pistol - especially since the one pictured was all tactical'd up with the flashlight and all. Which Illuminati might favor a handgun because it's small and easily concealed up to the point where you pull it out and plug someone in the back of the skull. :lol:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Ahh yes I first heard about this game early this year. The trailer they showed was very interesting and I always had a knack for the supernatural in modern society too. Some people got put off with the fact that it has you using magic instead of just conventional weapons and your bare hands, I don't see why some don't like it, I think it adds more to the experience allowing you to mix magic and bullets to fight the supernatural and give the player the ability to come up with different styles of fighting.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Moonwatcher
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guardian
Mood: Sad

Post by Moonwatcher »

Looks like the game maybe in deveolpment hell
Humans Fear The Beast Within the Wolf Because
They Do Not Understand the beast Within Themselves
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Sebiale »

Possibly, but the game has always been slated for release sometime between 2011 and 2012, and their recent employee cuts have also hampered progress.

Also, the info given out at GDC 2010 will have its embargo released on the 23rd.

So we could get a small info wave tomorrow.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Aki wrote:
Sebiale wrote:Katana is for the Dragons
Pistol for the Templar.
Really? I'd have thought those last two switched.

Templars being all militaristic and all it seems the SMG would be the choice over a mere pistol - especially since the one pictured was all tactical'd up with the flashlight and all. Which Illuminati might favor a handgun because it's small and easily concealed up to the point where you pull it out and plug someone in the back of the skull. :lol:
I figured the weapons would have gone differently too. I agree with the machine gun for the Illuminati (it's the unforgiving "by whatever means necessary" weapon), but I figured the Templars would have favored the sword (fighting just like the original paladins) whereas Dragon would have favored the more discreet / surgical pistol. . .

Although the pistol in the display is gold and looks like it has engravings on it, so I guess that should have been a hint. Maybe if they'd called it a ninja sword I would have agreed on it being the Dragon weapon, but I guess that was their way of making the quiz more personal (or at least less obvious which answer leaned towards which group).
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Terastas wrote: I figured the weapons would have gone differently too. I agree with the machine gun for the Illuminati (it's the unforgiving "by whatever means necessary" weapon), but I figured the Templars would have favored the sword (fighting just like the original paladins) whereas Dragon would have favored the more discreet / surgical pistol. . .

Although the pistol in the display is gold and looks like it has engravings on it, so I guess that should have been a hint. Maybe if they'd called it a ninja sword I would have agreed on it being the Dragon weapon, but I guess that was their way of making the quiz more personal (or at least less obvious which answer leaned towards which group).
Eh, I don't see Templars using a sword. The Knights Templar were only an offshoot of theirs and they don't seem the sort for the sort of sentimentality that would be needed to use a sword in the age of fully automatic ranged death. I could see Dragons using the sword purely because they wouldn't need to use it - it'd be a ceremonial sort of thing for the most part. Meanwhile, such a gaudy pistol seems very Illuminati, what with their designs on looting both heaven and hell alike. :lol:

ANYWAYS; now there's something more substantial. Have yourself a trailer

It's actually made of gameplay footage this time, too. Looks pretty sweet.