43%

Total votes: 7

Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

World of Warcraft - Pack Private Server

Post by Spongy »

Bwah. This may have been discussed before, but I've been gone a while.

I've been tinkering with a World of Warcraft daemon that I've set up in a server box of mine.

Now the problem is, it's lonely to play alone. So I'm wondering, if I opened up this server for public play only for members of The Pack (my internet connection can't handle thousands of players), would anyone be interested?

For now this is just an idea, once I get an idea of how many people are interested I'll decide what to do with this. (It's harder than one thinks to keep one going.)

Update Nov 20: For now, there's not enough interest for me to start this up.
Last edited by Spongy on Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Re: World of Warcraft - Pack Private Server

Post by Berserker »

To me, the only point of a private server is to go around with super powers and godly equipment dominating everything. If there was a vendor that had every item in the game up for grabs, instant leveling for any class, etc. it might be fun. Otherwise, I'm not sure I'd jump on.

BTW, be careful with those, since Blizzard tends to sue people for who set up independent servers.
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

Berserker wrote:To me, the only point of a private server is to go around with super powers and godly equipment dominating everything. If there was a vendor that had every item in the game up for grabs, instant leveling for any class, etc. it might be fun. Otherwise, I'm not sure I'd jump on.
I'll admit that at the moment I haven't the slightest idea how to set up custom vendors. BUT! I don't think it should be too hard to learn how to. There's probably pre-made ones I can nab somewhere, too.
Instant leveling (or just higher rates) can be arranged, though.

Berserker wrote: BTW, be careful with those, since Blizzard tends to sue people for who set up independent servers.
Really. Huh, I had no idea. Given the number of them, I didn't think they did that.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

spongypants23 wrote: Really. Huh, I had no idea. Given the number of them, I didn't think they did that.

Yeah apparently playing the game on Blizzard's servers is part of the copyright agreement. But as long as it isn't public, I'm sure no one will notice.
Sebiale
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Sebiale »

I might be, but I prefer the actual rules to most private servers.
We do not stop being children when we learn of death, we stop being children when we make peace with it.