Elderscrolls IV: Oblivion <3 :D
ImageImageImage
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

Too many favourites to mention, but I love The Suffering games, Black, God of War, Medal of honour, Jak & Daxter and for sheer Jaw Droppingness, Shadow of the Collossus. :jawdrop:

:wolfsheepclothing: whoever designs the emoticons, any chance of a sheep in wolfs clothing?
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
wolfman1991
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfman1991 »

Vuldari wrote:
Fang wrote:Already been done
Indeed...you don't even have to go to the next page to find it either. It's only #12 on THIS page for crying out loud.

Look harder next time. I barely had to scroll down to find it.

http://www.calypso-blue.com/werewolf/vi ... .php?t=105

...you didn't even bother to look, did you?

*Sigh*
........... my bad :punishment: I hire ppl to hit me for my mistake :(
I feel a wolf...a wolf growing inside me....getting stronger day by day.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

aw well....what are friends for :punishment: :lol:
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

My all time favorite game in all of video game history????

Steel Battalion: Line of Contact
(Yes I made that video.)

I have two copies of this game so I can play on an XBox LAN at home.

Screenshots

More screenshots. -Media run on a personal server of my buddy KingLeer. He shuts it down occationally.

Yes, this is the super detailed, endless learning curve, difficult but fun as hell mech combat simulator game that is legendary among hardcore gamers. If you master this game, every other game is a cakewalk. (Except DDR. I just don't grasp dancing with arrows.) This game was released with a $150 price tag, and $200 if you wanted to buy the multiplayer online sequel along with it.

The price is dropping. I just receintly got my second SB setup with both games (used) for $100 + shipping. Ebay and the steelbattalion.org forum are good places to look for people who are selling their copies for good prices.

Also another interesting factoid. This is the ONLY Xbox game that runs at an HDTV resolution as high as 720p. All Xbox games out there don't exceed 480p.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Dead Rising, Maplestory, WoW, Legacy of Kain aaaand, AvP 2
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

White Paw wrote:Lets not forget;
black
grand theft auto series
acecombat series
medal of honor series
brothers in arms series :thumbsup:
:gangster:

GUNS GUNS GUNS! :lol:
:headbanger: Yip there all good!

:wolfsheepclothing:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Medal of honor I give it a thumbs down series wise. the best ones were the first 2, Allied Assault, and frontlines.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Medal of honor I give it a thumbs down series wise. the best ones were the first 2, Allied Assault, and frontlines.
Got to agree with you there. Frontline TOTALLY sucked me in. To me tho, the Call of Duty games hold the WWII FPS crown now. Tried the Brothers in Arms series, didn't grab me.

FoxOfWar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Fiery Foxish TFmage Extraordinaire
Location: Finland. Most probably lurking behing that rock. *points*

Post by FoxOfWar »

Btw, If you're wondering about FoxOfWar, think about Real-Time Strategy Games and certain aspect profilic in all of them... lurking about in the shadows, kind of like me...
Jessie-Simone
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Shewolf
Mood: Happy

Post by Jessie-Simone »

hwlwnk Mine would have to be Fatal Frame 2 crimson butterfly.
Thanks to Sae-Kurosawa
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

*sniff* Nobody has heard of Steel Battalion, thus no intrest from anyone. :(
-Kaebora
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Kaebora wrote:*sniff* Nobody has heard of Steel Battalion, thus no intrest from anyone. :(
Isn't that the one that was only available on X-box, and required the purchase of an absurdly expensive controller that only plays one game, (and the expansion/sequel), but was not compatable with any other game in existance?

...is it really that suprising that so few others have played it?

Most people don't have that much money to throw away on a game that they can't play with their friends because thier friends can't afford it.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

lol... he's right. i would love to play that game, but i aint keen on spending that much on a game...
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

If you both read my post that was made in this same page (with the pics of the controller) you will find that I have reveiled that picking up the game + online sequel for $80-$120 used is common these days.

Also, I use a USB adapter and fan-made plugin to play Freespace 2, and Mechwarrior 2 with the controller on my PC. Works with driving games too.

Now is as good a time as ever to play the most strategy intense game in existance. Nothing compares to how unique SB is.
-Kaebora
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Kaebora wrote:If you both read my post that was made in this same page (with the pics of the controller) you will find that I have reveiled that picking up the game + online sequel for $80-$120 used is common these days.

Also, I use a USB adapter and fan-made plugin to play Freespace 2, and Mechwarrior 2 with the controller on my PC. Works with driving games too.

Now is as good a time as ever to play the most strategy intense game in existance. Nothing compares to how unique SB is.
$100 is NOT affordable for a single game...

...and you have to multiply that for every one you wan't to play the game with you...

...not to mention the extra cost invlved if you don't allready own an X-Box (which I don't).

:cash:
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Miragh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: full moon addict

Post by Miragh »

And additional to that the costs to play with yer xbox online.. I'd rather spent that money in the upcoming Warhammer Online, which will be my favourite game (if it's kickass, 'course) as well as Enemy Territory: Quake Wars.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

I bought it when it came out. Paid the full $200 for the game, and at the same time, bought the XBox and XBoxLive subscription. It has more than payed for itself in entertainment. I've logged thousands of hours on that game. You can get bored of most games, but I'm STILL learning new piloting techniques. So many mechs, so many loadouts, and so many ways to play. This game is purely insane, and I think that putting it down just because of the price is unfair. Neither of you even mentioned the gameplay even ONCE! This game really is worth the money regardless. It is the only game I play anymore.

I paid $60 for Battletanks back in 1999. BIG waste. I paid $30 for Robotech: Battlecry. Also a BIG waste. I paid $50 for Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. I played that for a couple of weeks, beat the game, and got bored. I paid $200 for the full Steel Battalion series, beat the single player game multiple times, and continously played the online game for the last 2 1/2 years since it came out. Totally worth it.
-Kaebora
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Sure...if you only like playing with yourself, or with some uber-player who allways kicks your @** from half way around the world because the only people who bother to play it online have dedicated their entire daylight deprived lives to the game...making it impossible to have casual fun with it.

...or just sit there and brag about it while people stand behind you and watch you play, but cant' join in because they don't have enough $$ to buy an X-Box, a $100 controller, X-Box live service and a broadband interent connection...

...Or if they do, play it and discover that the learning curve is just too steep for them, and they are not as obsessed a fan of Mech-Combat as you are, get tired of how diffucult the game is and end up feeling like they just wasted all thier money.

Most people don't have that much money to burn (every month, factoring in online expenses) and TWO YEARS of thier life to spare just getting good enough at the game to be able to have fun online, and not get thier noob butts handed to them every time they try.

SB Seems to be a game for Rich Obsessed Purists Only.

If someone gave me all the gear and software (X-Box included) for $59.99 (or FREE), and I allready had a really fast internet connection (which I only almost do, but can't afford to pay more), OF COURSE I would play the game. Everything I've heard says that it is the best of the genre by a long shot.

...but I don't have that kind of money, I have other things I like to do with my time besides learn how to use a 40+function controller, I don't have an X-Box, and I just really suck at all online play I have ever attempted (Exept 'TrackMania') so...as curious as I am about experiencing what it is like to actually play the game...

...it just doesn't seem worth the trouble. I think many agree with me. Sorry.

=^.^'= ~
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

ever heard of earthbound? what about chrono trigger? or maybe super mario rpg? all of these games are for the snes.

rockin awesome, if you ask me :headbanger:

or you know what? starfox 64. that's always a good one. also, starfox for the snes was jsut about exactly the same. that's good, too. :o
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

nachoboy wrote:ever heard of earthbound? what about chrono trigger? or maybe super mario rpg? all of these games are for the snes.

rockin awesome, if you ask me :headbanger:

or you know what? starfox 64. that's always a good one. also, starfox for the snes was jsut about exactly the same. that's good, too. :o

Earthbound was an AWESOME game.
( Of course...I've allready said that )

That game is living proof that a game does not need great graphics to ROCK. I did not play that game untill after I had been playing a tweaked version of Morrowind for over a year, and beaten both Fallout's at least twice each. (All Great games, BTW), and the graphical downgrade only bothered me for about half an hour...then I realised how trippy, and fun the game was and didn't care any more.

I've not had the opportunity to play ChronoTrigger yet.

StarFox 64 was allright...but the Original SNES game remains one of my top favorites to this day. It's hard to say why, but the original still feels more exiting and satisying to play than any of the sequels so far. It was faster...it was harder...it was ahead of it's time...and the music was pretty good too.

...the fact that the star of the game is a Fox is icing on the cake for me... Image

Great games will be Great Games Forever...

=^.^'= ~
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

To be honest though, my days as a noob in Line of Contact were the most fun. Nowadays there's an overwhelming number of new players that can't dodge a railgun slug to save their life. The method of balancing teams with equal numbers of noob players fixes that typically. It's a fun learning experiance. It's like learning to drive a car. After awhile, you don't look at or think about the controls anymore. You just... do it. It's interesting to have those very few "elite" players that hop on and everyone begs for them to be their teammate.

Also brings up a good point. The playerbase is so small, that everyone knows everyone. I have the phone numbers to some of these people just so I can call them into a match. We're a closely knit community. That can tell you that this is the exact opposite of Halo 2. No whiney brats here. If you strom in like a jerk, you'll be shunned by everyone thus rendering your online experiance useless.

Case in point. The game is more affordable these days. $100-$120 for the single and multiplayer titles with the controler on Ebay. That's 50% less than I paid for it new. The price is no longer a major issue, unless you don't own an Xbox.
Last edited by Kaebora on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Kaebora
Neybulot
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Neybulot »

I'd say my favorite game is SOCOM 2 on PS2. That game's online play is too addicting.
Phear me! (Gotta get a better siggy.)
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

Isn't Steel Battalion the game with an Eject button :o I always thought that was the sweetest thing ever. An Eject Button on the controls :|

The best game I ever Played was Morrowind & Expansions. I got so drawn into that game. Even though I was playing it roughly 3 years after it came out

My Second/Third favorite is WC3TFT. However for some messed up reason I can't connect to the East Bnet where all my friends are :*(

My Third/Second favorite is CS:1.6/TS:2.2 Its either TSRP as a werewolf or a Zeus Lycaeus or *Boom* Headshot!
:explode2:
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Ah the infamous Eject Button of Steel Battalion. I'd rather rip off the protective plastic flip-cover that resides over it. You use the button so often, the cover could get you killed if you dont flip it quick enough. If you fail to eject, you lose your pilot and all of his data/ranking/mechs, and thus have to start over from scratch. Very realistic. People are twits to think that the game it too hard because of that. It's pritty easy to tell when you need to Eject. Here's a hint... theres a fire in your cockpit, smoke everywhere, and lots of red lights flashing.
hwlwnk

My art thread has some videos from the game. Click my sig and you'll find them.
-Kaebora