Whats your favorite video game?

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Whats your favorite video game?

Post by Figarou »

Mine is Burnout Revenge :D

Edit.

Why is this my favorite video game? Well, I'm a gasoline tanker driver. With all the hassles I have to put up with while driving, I play this game to calm my nerves.

Go figure!! :D
Last edited by Figarou on Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
TakeWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The big one-one

Post by TakeWalker »

You know, that's an interesting question. And though I'm a hugely console-based video game player, I don't know if I could pinpoint one game, or even one series as my favorite. I tend to like platform games, like the Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong Country series; I'm extremely into Gradius-type shooters; RPGs are always very fun, and I'm partial to the Breath of Fire series; and who doesn't enjoy a finger-numbing game of Tetris now and then? I like games like Bloody Roar (didn't see that one coming, didja?) and (old) Mortal Kombat when it comes to fighting games. I'm really not partial to FPSes at all, with the exception of Halo. I'm still pretty bad at it, though. Recently I've been looking at old NES games, ones I never played, and found a surprisingly excellent fighting game called Joy Mech Fight that was never released in the States. Umm... I'm a big fan of series like Kirby and Star Fox. I suppose if I really had to pick one series, then it would have to be Mega Man, and my favorite game of the series is MM2. I really like games where you can synthesize your enemies and get a number of powers from them: Mega Man, Kirby and Yoshi all do this quite well.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Favorite videogame ever.... That's a tough call. I like so many dirfferent games for so many reasons. (I'm a total gaming FREAK by the way. :wink: ) Platformers, racing games, FPS, puzzle, Adventure, RPG, shooters, flight sims...I love them all.

There are a few games that stand out as my all time favorites for one reason or another.

*Super Mario Bros. 3 (...and the whole series for that matter)
*Star Fox (SNES)
*Tetris
*OutRun(Arcade)
*PilotWings 64
*Metroid (All of them...)
...and countless other games.

I am a NINTENDO nut, and have my original NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, *5* GameBoys, a VirtualBoy, a DS and over 150 games between them, (not including my Sega Genisis and Nomad)
...I never got a playstation for whatever reason.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Back in the day, the Donkey Kong games were great. I think 3 different ones came out for Super Nintendo. I beat all of them of course :) I really liked playing disney games as well, like The Lion King and Aladdian. I loved Super Mario games as well. Ah, good times :D

Now I play Halo and Halo 2 a lot with friends. Great games. Its the best to play with a bunch of people and do games like Capture the Flag. 8)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

The bad thing about one player games is that once its finished, it becomes boring. If there is a 2 player mode, like in Halo and Halo 2, then its worth keeping.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:The bad thing about one player games is that once its finished, it becomes boring. If there is a 2 player mode, like in Halo and Halo 2, then its worth keeping.
Not if it is really good.

I played through "Golden Sun" Twice without ever switching to another game.
Just about every game I own,(those that are not too freakishly hard anyway...), I have beaten multiple times. That is the quality that sets my favorite games apart from those that are just really good.

The great ones always leave me hungry for more. :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:The bad thing about one player games is that once its finished, it becomes boring. If there is a 2 player mode, like in Halo and Halo 2, then its worth keeping.
Not if it is really good.

I played through "Golden Sun" Twice without ever switching to another game.
Just about every game I own,(those that are not too freakishly hard anyway...), I have beaten multiple times. That is the quality that sets my favorite games apart from those that are just really good.

The great ones always leave me hungry for more. :D
i came across a few of those. Played a game that was so good I beat it several times. The thing that made me stop playing it was the sequel. :wink:
Lurch
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Lurch »

Mine is Halo PC for teh win!!11!!! Seriously my favorite of all time. Well, besides most versions of Micro$oft Flight Simulator. I don't do consoles, they suck compared to computers, at least nowdays.
"If you love someone, set them free" - Gordon Sumner
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Lurch wrote:Mine is Halo PC for teh win!!11!!! Seriously my favorite of all time. Well, besides most versions of Micro$oft Flight Simulator. I don't do consoles, they suck compared to computers, at least nowdays.
... :shock: ...consoles SUCK?? :evil:
Let's step outside and have a little...talk. :twisted:

Seriously though, computers are undeniably more versitle than consoles, and games like FPSs, RPGs and just about anything you want to play online, play better on a PC.
However, it's a bit harsh to say consoles "suck". There are so , so many wonderful games out there that you just cant play on a PC. Trust me, I know...I've played most of them. :oops: 8)
LoupGarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by LoupGarou »

Guilty Gear X2
King of Fighters 98,'02,'03
Street fighter Zero 3

Fighting games never die out.
"The Wolf in Me...desires the Sheep in you."
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

I am a fan of the Final Fantasy series.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Lurch wrote:Mine is Halo PC for teh win!!11!!! Seriously my favorite of all time. Well, besides most versions of Micro$oft Flight Simulator. I don't do consoles, they suck compared to computers, at least nowdays.
... :shock: ...consoles SUCK?? :evil:
Let's step outside and have a little...talk. :twisted:

Seriously though, computers are undeniably more versitle than consoles, and games like FPSs, RPGs and just about anything you want to play online, play better on a PC.
However, it's a bit harsh to say consoles "suck". There are so , so many wonderful games out there that you just cant play on a PC. Trust me, I know...I've played most of them. :oops: 8)
I can tell you that the future of consoles is getting better. The PS2 started it all by being able to play DVDs right out of the box. That help DVDs become more popular. Also because of the PS2, Dolby Pro Logic 2 was born. Gamers were demanding surround sound in gaming just like surround sound in DVD movies.

Now comes the Xbox. Gamers can now have 5.1 Dolby Digital surround sound during game play. I hooked up my Xbox to my home theater and it sounds awesome!! Most of the games are in progressive scan and some are in High Definition.

I know you can have that capability from a PC by changing out the video/audio card. But like Vuldari said.....
There are so , so many wonderful games out there that you just cant play on a PC.
kita
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: I can run faster scared than you can angry!

Post by kita »

id say halo and fable
Some say we do not exist, in turn they ignore us, others say we are immortal, in turn they dispise and destroy us, but i know we bleed and die and I am sure I exist.
thus reality
Starfury
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Starfury »

I agree with Apokryltaros, the Final Fantasy stuff is gold. I can spend my entire weekend in front of any one of them and still not get enough. Caffeine anyone?
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Starfury wrote:I agree with Apokryltaros, the Final Fantasy stuff is gold. I can spend my entire weekend in front of any one of them and still not get enough. Caffeine anyone?
Why need caffeine if you have Bolt 3?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Apokryltaros wrote:
Starfury wrote:I agree with Apokryltaros, the Final Fantasy stuff is gold. I can spend my entire weekend in front of any one of them and still not get enough. Caffeine anyone?
Bolt 3?

I've heard of BOLT, but not Bolt 3. Is that stonger or something?
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Figarou wrote:
Apokryltaros wrote:
Bolt 3?

I've heard of BOLT, but not Bolt 3. Is that stonger or something?
Yes, much stronger...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

Two words: Replay Value. :wink:

Coming in as a close second for me would be Neverwinter Nights. The Aurora Toolset is the feature us Forgotten Realms Fanatics have been waiting years for. :D

Post by Guest »

Favorites:

Arcade.
Joust
A.P.B.
Silent Scope
3-D samurai sword game (forgot what its called)
Tower of Doom
Time Killers
N.A.R.C.
Killer Instinct

NES.
Dragon Warrior
Final Fantasy
Metroid
The Legend of Zelda
Battletoads
Tetris

Genesis.
Altered Beast
Populous
Fatal Labyrinth
Sonic the Hedgehog
Ghost n' Goblins

Turbo Grafx-16/Turbo-Duo.
Splatterhouse
Cadash
Ys

Playstation
Castelvania: Symphony of the Night
Silent Hill
Resident Evil 2
Legendary Dragoon

Playstation 2
Fatal Frame
Twisted Metal Black
Silent Hill 2
Virtual Fighter 4
Dance Dance Revolution

Computer
TSR's Forgotten Realms 'gold box' trilogy
Wing Commander
Leisure Suit Larry
Fallout
Fallout 2
Wolfenstein
The Bards Tale
Maniac Mansion
Starcraft
Diablo

Non-Electronic
The Dark Tower
Dungeons & Dragons
RIFTS
Risk
Supremacy
Battlechess
Blackjack
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

I take it you don't have an Xbox.

Post by Guest »

Nope, no X-Box, saturn, dreamcast, super nintendo, N64, or gamecube. :(
ShadowWolf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by ShadowWolf »

If I may throw mine in

The Final Fantasy Series
The Metroid series
Legend of Zelda Series
Legacy of Kain: Defiance
Altered Beast(The original and the one on GBA)
Halo 1&2
The Shinning Force games for the Genesis
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
Any of the old Capcom 2D fighters
and plenty more that I can't really think of right now...
SGrayWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SGrayWolf »

Final Fantasy series, Metroid series, Zelda series, Elder Scrolls Series (Daggerfall, Morrowind, etc), strategy games, Dungeons & Dragons games and many many more....
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Got to be a Knights of the Old Republic and of course Star Wars Galaxies. I did also enjoy Kingdom Hearts. it had a neat blend of final fantasy and Disney which was really unique. Has anyone ever played the pc game where you can be a werewolf its newer and an expansion for another game. i forget what its called though i want to say netherworld something like that? :? Is it any good if you have played it?
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Darth Canis wrote:Got to be a Knights of the Old Republic and of course Star Wars Galaxies. I did also enjoy Kingdom Hearts. it had a neat blend of final fantasy and Disney which was really unique. Has anyone ever played the pc game where you can be a werewolf its newer and an expansion for another game. i forget what its called though i want to say netherworld something like that? :? Is it any good if you have played it?
The game is called "Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind", ("Neverwinter NIghts" is a different game)
The Expansion where you can become a werewolf is "BloodMoon".

I Love Morrowind...though I don't have the Bloodmoon expansion.
I just use this instead...
http://www.bear371.com/mods/

It Rocks!!! 8) I higly reccomend it. It is SOO deep that you never run out of things to do. You can Be any kind of person and do anything you want (Almost).
It is a very rare "true" RPG. (Role-Playing-Game)
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~