What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Moonwatcher
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guardian
Mood: Sad

Bad Company 2

Post by Moonwatcher »

Bad Company 2 has been relessed thoughts on the game.
Humans Fear The Beast Within the Wolf Because
They Do Not Understand the beast Within Themselves
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Re: Bad Company 2

Post by Morkulv »

I've never been a Battlefield-fan at all. The sluggish gameplay. the spawnkillers, it just puts me off after just only round of playing. I liked the first Bad Company, but I think I will skip this one.

I also hate having to walk around for 10 minutes looking for enemies to shoot. I know I'm probably a vast minority, but I'm not a big fan of the wide open space type of thing (unless its an RPG). Plus: I have trouble taking any modern military shooter that claims to be realistic seriously when you can't even prone.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Morkulv you do realize that Bad Company series is a down scaled version of Battlefield 2 that packs everything tightly together to make it more action pack. The maps are smaller, especially on Rush Mode where you have two objectives that you must destroy before the map opens up to a new area for the defending team to retreat and defend the next two objectives. The game is more infantry based than previous battlefield games where vehicles is very necessary in maps to even just get around, not in Bad Company 2.

Not only that but the PC version has 32 players support vs the 360 and PS3 which only houses 24 players so battles get more hectic on the PC side. As for the prone, I was at first pissed off by it. But I am sort of glad they took it out. Otherwise the game will be much slower and you will see a lot campers, especially snipers. They already are a pain in the a** as it is, giving them prone will make them an incredibly hard target to kill unless you're a sniper yourself or you shoot a bunch of grenade launchers at them.

My biggest gripe is the M2 Gustav spammers which is the noobtoob of Bad Company 2, you will encounter engineers who will use their rocket launcher as their primary weapon and it gets old fast. The second problem about the game is that there will always be players who don't play according to their role, example; A medic is suppose to serve as both supporting class and healer, yet I seen people who don't bother healing or defibing me or others when they are right next to them. Another example, Recon; "I'm a sniper! I'm a sniper!" No you're not just a sniper, you are exactly what your name implies, a recon! Sure you have a sniper rifle but the Recon class can plant C4's on tanks which will destroy them instantly, they can scout the battlefield and by pressing the social button they can let others know of enemies whereabouts from a clear and safe distance. They can throw grenade that acts as a motion sensor to help your team mates keep track of nearby enemies and make sure they aren't flanking. Recon class can also call in artillery's which most people will do often.

Overall I have been having a great time on Bad Company 2, sure there are some frustrating moments and you can be stuck with a bad team. But when you get a decent team (it happens more often than you think) the game is a blast to play.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Wulfur
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Wulfur »

I second what Shadow Wulf is saying. I have enjoyed the game a lot and it has a good balance so long as teams are even which is most of the time.
One only knows that of which they allow themselves to know.
( http://wulfur.deviantart.com/ )
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Morkulv you do realize that Bad Company series is a down scaled version of Battlefield 2 that packs everything tightly together to make it more action pack. The maps are smaller, especially on Rush Mode where you have two objectives that you must destroy before the map opens up to a new area for the defending team to retreat and defend the next two objectives. The game is more infantry based than previous battlefield games where vehicles is very necessary in maps to even just get around, not in Bad Company 2.

Not only that but the PC version has 32 players support vs the 360 and PS3 which only houses 24 players so battles get more hectic on the PC side. As for the prone, I was at first pissed off by it. But I am sort of glad they took it out. Otherwise the game will be much slower and you will see a lot campers, especially snipers. They already are a pain in the a** as it is, giving them prone will make them an incredibly hard target to kill unless you're a sniper yourself or you shoot a bunch of grenade launchers at them.

My biggest gripe is the M2 Gustav spammers which is the noobtoob of Bad Company 2, you will encounter engineers who will use their rocket launcher as their primary weapon and it gets old fast. The second problem about the game is that there will always be players who don't play according to their role, example; A medic is suppose to serve as both supporting class and healer, yet I seen people who don't bother healing or defibing me or others when they are right next to them. Another example, Recon; "I'm a sniper! I'm a sniper!" No you're not just a sniper, you are exactly what your name implies, a recon! Sure you have a sniper rifle but the Recon class can plant C4's on tanks which will destroy them instantly, they can scout the battlefield and by pressing the social button they can let others know of enemies whereabouts from a clear and safe distance. They can throw grenade that acts as a motion sensor to help your team mates keep track of nearby enemies and make sure they aren't flanking. Recon class can also call in artillery's which most people will do often.

Overall I have been having a great time on Bad Company 2, sure there are some frustrating moments and you can be stuck with a bad team. But when you get a decent team (it happens more often than you think) the game is a blast to play.
I never liked Battlefield 2 that much either, sorry. Plus, if it has Punkbuster on the PC-versions like with the other Battlefield-games I want nothing to do with it.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Punkbuster blows.

The trailers I've seen look interesting, but I don't own a TV so even if I bought it I couldn't do much more than put it in my PS3 and click buttons and make pow-pow noises.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

While I am aware of all the problems Punkbuster has, I have yet to run into any real problems from it. I guess I am just lucky? :?
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Shadow Wulf wrote:While I am aware of all the problems Punkbuster has, I have yet to run into any real problems from it. I guess I am just lucky? :?
You probably are. I always hated Punkbuster, and Punkbuster is also the main-reason why I never really played Wolfenstein ET either because it keeps kicking me for unknown reasons. The same goes for the Battlefield-games; I play for a minute, or maybe 2 minutes, everything is fine and bam, I get kicked without a reason.

I blew 20 bucks on Battlefield 2140 plus an extra 10 Euro for Battlefield 2 only to find out that I can't play it online for more then 2 minutes. I refuse to buy any Battlefield for the PC for this reason because I just know that Punkbuster will never let me play online for more then 2 minutes.

Sorry for this little anti-Punkbuster rant. Bottom line: I hate Punkbuster, and I avoid games that have it.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

I got lucky for a while, it let me play Battlefield 2142 for a few months, and it was pretty fun. Haven't played any of the Battlefield games since then(2007 or so), since Punkbuster decided to start acting up.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Morkulv wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:While I am aware of all the problems Punkbuster has, I have yet to run into any real problems from it. I guess I am just lucky? :?
You probably are. I always hated Punkbuster, and Punkbuster is also the main-reason why I never really played Wolfenstein ET either because it keeps kicking me for unknown reasons. The same goes for the Battlefield-games; I play for a minute, or maybe 2 minutes, everything is fine and bam, I get kicked without a reason.

I blew 20 bucks on Battlefield 2140 plus an extra 10 Euro for Battlefield 2 only to find out that I can't play it online for more then 2 minutes. I refuse to buy any Battlefield for the PC for this reason because I just know that Punkbuster will never let me play online for more then 2 minutes.

Sorry for this little anti-Punkbuster rant. Bottom line: I hate Punkbuster, and I avoid games that have it.
Sounds like you had an outdated version of Punkbuster, being kicked is usually the result of it. But hey, I have yet to have any problems with Punkbuster with any game, including Wolfenstein ET, Call of Duty 1 and 4 as well as Bad Company 2. Hell I even just bought the Battlefield 1942 collection. ^^
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Dude, I already tried updating the damn thing. It doesn't work, trust me. I tried every patch there is, with no result.

I did a little Google-search and it amazed me how many people have the same problem as me.