Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim has been announced! + teaser

Post by Morkulv »

Joy!! :party:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/

The themesong at the end of the trailer might be on par with Morrowind to me, in terms of one of the most epic theme's I've ever heard in a videogame.

For the occasion I took a closer look at the worldmap of Tamriel (the world that is devided in several provinces including Morrowind, and Cyrodiil where Oblivion takes place) and I think that in terms of size Skyrim is one of the smallest provinces of Tamriel, which makes me wonder what the developers will come up with in terms of gameplay-freedom. Perhaps it will also have playable werewolves again? :D

Opinions anybody?
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Re: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim has been announced! + teaser

Post by alphanubilus »

As a huge Elder of Scrolls fan, as I've spent countless months playing nothing else when I started playing them, I'm really excited, and YES... I hope that they could incorporate werewolves back into the game. They were sadly absent from Oblivion, although there was a statue of one beside the hunter god Hircine. It would be cool to be able to be a werewolf as opposed to being a vampire. But all in all, it comes down to the gameplay. I just hope that the character models are much more goodlooking this time around. It seemed that all of the models looked rather ugly last time around.

I simply love the fact that you can literally customize your character to the minor detail. I can't wait!
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Yes the models were kinda ugly in Oblivion. I also disliked the voice-acting because of the fact that you would hear the same few voices all the time. I don't mind reading a little more like in Morrowind, that way it suits the roleplaying atmosphere a little better.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I've stumbled upon some lore from the Elder Scrolls Wiki that might tickle all werewolf-fans in the right spots:

Geography

Skyrim is the most rugged region in the continent, not only containing five of the highest peaks in Tamriel. Skyrim also is very snowy and cold, home to all manner of lycanthropes; being most common in the north. Only in the western reaches is there some measure of flat land, where most of the population resides. The rest of Skyrim is vertical; mountains, cliffs, and deep valleys. A variety of crops are raised in Skyrim, from wheat to the hardy snowberry. Of note is that the particular climate of Skyrim makes it the only region in Tamriel, outside of the most northern reaches of High Rock and Morrowind, suitable for the brewing of the infamous alcoholic beverage Nordic Whiskey, also known simply as "Rotgut". This is because that, in addition to the local availability of certain ingredients, several times during the distillation process, the substance must be subjected to extreme cold temperatures, so that it may freeze and refreeze. The drink is noted for the distinct "cold" taste, similar to extraordinarily strong mint, which persists as a feeling of ice in the stomach, as well as for the very deleterious nature of its content. Nordic Whiskey is illegal throughout the Empire, but this does not stop many proprietors from stocking smuggled bottles for those brave enough to try a mug.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

So if they stay true to their lore, then we should at least SEE werewolves and or fight them. It would be cool though, if you could once again become a werewolf as you could in the Morrowind expansions. I hope they will start releases actual gameplay screens shortly. I'm excited!
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Yeah, if I walk up to the north in Skyrim I'd better see some damn werewolves. :P If there aren't any werewolves, the Elder Scrolls-nerds are probably going to nag at the people at Bethesda for being so slacking at their job.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

The growing online fan consensus wishes to have werewolves this time around. The lack of them really disappointed a lot of fans (including myself). Mods are great, but I'd like a fully functioning werewolf built completely for EoS... I'd also like to be able to customise the actual werewolf itself. You know be able to change the fur color and such. I hated the fact all the werewolves in Morrowind looked exactly alike.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I wouldn't expect anything like that, although it would be pretty neat if the game had a system where your werewolf-persona is defined by the statistics you set up for your character.