Gorehounds

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Gorehounds

Post by Figarou »

GOREHOUNDS
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: GOREHOUNDS
Mood: Happy

Re: Gorehounds

Post by GOREHOUNDS »

Thanks for posting this! This is kinda my dream project!
GOREHOUNDS: Brutal Werewolf Combat!
http://www.gorehounds.net
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Bored

Post by Volkodlak »

i was expecting this topic from GOREHOUNDS but not from you figarou he did ask you too post it didnt he?

GOREHOUNDS i hope you are here for sharing your intrest in WWs not youst advertising the game and welcome too the pack :howl:  :oo
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

lovec1990 wrote:i was expecting this topic from GOREHOUNDS but not from you figarou he did ask you too post it didnt he?

GOREHOUNDS i hope you are here for sharing your intrest in WWs not youst advertising the game and welcome too the pack :howl:  :oo
This is a werewolf forum. And he has a werewolf fighting game. He can advertise all he wants! :D

To Gorehounds... Shut up and take my money! :D

I hope this game ends up on the PS4. I already have mine pre-ordered.
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

i have no problems with advertising, but i like more active members.

(sorry for offending you figarou)
Meeper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Friendly Neighbourhood Meeper
Additional Details: Wannabe mad scientist.
Mood: Busy

Post by Meeper »

I agree with Figarou, if the game is advertized, but doesn't just spam the forum with vaporware or something, then that is very much welcome, so even if he never posts again, I'd call that high signal to noise ratio forum member and belongs here. Do not confuse activity with progress.

Not much of a fight gamer myself (I prefer shooters), though I did enjoy Tekken2, which had a few animals and animal themed fighters. To this day, my friends still can't believe I beat Tekken2 in like half an hour or something using Roger (the kangaroo) :lol: .

The Meeper.
While the empty can may rattle the most, of equal or potentially greater import is what the reputably quiet cans are really full of.
All names are but souvenirs, in the end. Make good of your stay, so that they hold happy memories ~ Some guy.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.
To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
GOREHOUNDS
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by GOREHOUNDS »

Hey Guys!

Dude no spamming here! I literally am a huge WW fan... and basically wanted to create my own dream project. That project is Gorehounds. A fighting game featuring all these bad a** unique werewolf warriors!

Of course I want people to know about it, but.. no... not a spammer.

Would love to chat more about the game... other fighting games... suggestions on what you'd like to see in a fighting game all about werewolves... etc.

:)
GOREHOUNDS
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by GOREHOUNDS »

...and Tekken 2 was amazing.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Well hello gorehound! Welcome to the pack I just want to say that I am very happy you came on our forum and I look forward to greenlighting your project on steam. Good luck and give it your best! :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Post by Alpha »

Even though I'm not that much of a gamer, I'm really digging that artwork! Now, if someone would just render those in plastic..... :D :D :D
GOREHOUNDS
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by GOREHOUNDS »

Thanks Guys! Really putting a ton of work into this, so all the support I can garner is much appreciated.

Got some pretty rad werewolf designs we'll be posting on http://Gorehounds.net in the coming weeks, so you HAVE to check them out!

Man thanks Shadow Wolf... I'll let you know when our greenlight page is officially up. Getting all the best stuff together for our Steam page launch.

ALSO! Alpha, Glad you said that.... Just a HEADS up! WE ARE DOING SOME FIGURES! I'll throw you guys more info as I get the details, but hell yeah! Highly detailed Werewolf figures are a MUST.
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Alpha »

GOREHOUNDS wrote:ALSO! Alpha, Glad you said that.... Just a HEADS up! WE ARE DOING SOME FIGURES! I'll throw you guys more info as I get the details, but hell yeah! Highly detailed Werewolf figures are a MUST.
At the risk of sounding cynical , I sure hope that you aren't just blowing smoke. Sorry, but I've had my hopes dashed too many times in the past by certain a-hole companies :x.
GOREHOUNDS
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by GOREHOUNDS »

No smoke blowin here dude. This is going to be a legit game. Been working on the idea for some time and FINALLY I'm at the point where I can make it a reality. Its going to be a really cool game and altogether IP. Doing with Werewolves what I think I've always wanted to see them do.... that is.... tear eachother limb from limb.

What do you guys think of the whole idea?
GOREHOUNDS
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by GOREHOUNDS »

Check out some of the different creatures that are in the game... last night we unveiled our newest wolf, Tristan.
http://gorehounds.net/blog/

Anybody have any suggestions as to any type of wolf with special characteristics they'd like to see in the game? Lemme know!
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Alpha »

That's some awesome news! What scale will the figures be in? Do you guys have a tentative release date, and where will they be available at?
GOREHOUNDS
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by GOREHOUNDS »

Right now we're debating on a 6" - 8" size figure.
Were also debating on weather to do an action figure or a straight resin cast model.

Been working on some highly detailed sculpts were gonna get printed soon. Exciting stuff!
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

GOREHOUNDS wrote:Check out some of the different creatures that are in the game... last night we unveiled our newest wolf, Tristan.
http://gorehounds.net/blog/
*clicks link*
Well, what do you know! A PS4 controller!! :o

Wow! Those different creatures look awesome!!!! :D
GOREHOUNDS wrote:Anybody have any suggestions as to any type of wolf with special characteristics they'd like to see in the game? Lemme know!
I can tell you what I don't want. "Projectiles" Like fireballs, arrows, knives, ETC. Unless a torn limb can be picked up and tossed back at the other werewolf causing damage. :evil: Or maybe some duckies. :ducktoss3:

:jester:

Alpha wrote:Even though I'm not that much of a gamer, I'm really digging that artwork! Now, if someone would just render those in plastic..... :D :D :D

plastic? Naaaaa. I prefer Resin. Like my John Talbain resin werewolf figure.
GOREHOUNDS
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by GOREHOUNDS »

Thanks Figarou-- Yep, I thought everyone would want to see exactly how the game would play controller wise. Its taken us a while to figure out the exact control scheme, but here you see the OFFICIAL version.

Regarding the Creatures! - THANKS! We've been working super hard at nailing down a particular look and vision for each of these wolves.... and they are all different in their own right, granted they are werewolves. We also just posted an announcement due to the overwhelmingly large amount of emails I get about "tails". :howl:  :oo LOL... I'm proud to say that there will be variants of every wolf with tails and sans tails... to appease all fans of course. Each wolf right now will clock in at around 4 different skins.

PROJECTILES -
So.. it is a fighting game. We can't ditch the projectiles completely.... there are some magic using characters though and those ones do have projectiles. And... EXCLUSIVE.... we also have an unannounced mechanic that will be added called the Glave system. Characters will be able to pick up Bladed Glaves and Gauntlets that appear from time to time in the different arenas and hurl them at there opponent. It adds a lot more to the fun factor and is an important addition to help keep the momentum going within fights.
With all the being said tho... the core fighting element in the game is ONE on ONE claw combat! The best moves are all up close n personal with fangs n claws!
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

no offense but i newer saw the point of this kinda fighting games(1 on 1),because you dont need much brains too play it. Gorehounds im not bashing your game but i have dislike for this game genre/type.
GOREHOUNDS
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by GOREHOUNDS »

Everyone's got their opinions. No offense taken. I'm making it because I've always been a fan of fighting games.... and werewolves. Throw the two together and this is what ya get.

We're also doing a story mode with subtle RPG elements in it, kinda a tribe builder if you will, but I'll talk more about that later!

:D
Volkodlak
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Volkodlak »

i youst hope we gona hear your Werewolf ideas someday
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Projectiles annoy me. But if its required, sure, I'm game.

Another thing that annoys me is characters that has weapons glued to their hand. They start with a sword in hand and there is no way to disarm him. I have the feeling this can't be avoided as well.

I would LOVE to see a Gladiator type match with all types of weapons available. As long as that character can be disarmed and you can use the weapon yourself.
GOREHOUNDS
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by GOREHOUNDS »

So glad you said that!

This is what our Glaves system is all about!

Randomized Glaves created by the tribes are inserted into arenas at certain points during battles. These glaves can be picked up by ANY character in the game and used to attack your opponent. There are two types available.... Glaves and Armblades. Glaves you hurl at your opponent from a distance, and armblades attach to your arm and give you a limited amount of devastating attacks, then break. Its a very cool mechanic and adds a whole other dimension to the game. I'm actually writing a Post about it right now on our site with a nice fancy new image! Should be up shortly.... but until then, here's a sneak peek!

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

GOREHOUNDS wrote:So glad you said that!

This is what our Glaves system is all about!

Randomized Glaves created by the tribes are inserted into arenas at certain points during battles. These glaves can be picked up by ANY character in the game and used to attack your opponent. There are two types available.... Glaves and Armblades. Glaves you hurl at your opponent from a distance, and armblades attach to your arm and give you a limited amount of devastating attacks, then break. Its a very cool mechanic and adds a whole other dimension to the game. I'm actually writing a Post about it right now on our site with a nice fancy new image! Should be up shortly.... but until then, here's a sneak peek!

(image)

:o

Wow! Now THAT is COOL!! I'm definitely getting this game when it is available. :D
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Alpha »

GOREHOUNDS wrote:Image

Whoa!!! :o Now that's what you'd call one bad a$$ Lycan!!! I don't know who does your guys artwork, but kudos to em. That should be, no make it 'MUST' be, one of the first characters made into a figure. :D

Figarou wrote:plastic? Naaaaa. I prefer Resin. Like my John Talbain resin werewolf figure.
I'll take either. It's just that I'd prefer action figures cause they are all ready for display. Whereas with resin models, you gotta take the time to send them out to somebody to have them built up and painted, or take the time to do it yourself. But hey, if they were only available as resin kits.... it's not like I'd turn them down. :wink: