Okami

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I think there's something kitchy about having a video game in which all the dialogue is in lycanthropese. (That is, how trying to talk in Gestalt or wolf form might sound.)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

This "lycanthropese" you speak of has been directly demonstrated by Kai, Samickle and Okikurmi when they changed into wolves, and i think it doesn't sound that much kitschy, aside from them initially sounding like they're gurgling their throats off. If i'm gonna be given kitsch, i would expect them to say "woof" at random conversational intervals. That would annoy me.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

I did it!

Post by Scott Gardener »

I finally finished Okami! It was a huge marathon epic of a game, and it took me 73 hours! Granted, I probably could have finished it a lot faster, but I had to stop and do a lot of sight-seeing and extra demon-hunting, in order to collect extra stuff and just look around at the beauty of the scenery. Still, I left a lot of stray beads behind.

I know, I could play it over again with extra bonuses, but I'm not sure I want to give up another three days of human existence on a game I've already played. But, if I did, it would be Okami.

The end credits felt less like a game and more like the finale of an Anime series. Hour per hour, I've put in about six seasons worth of time investment, so it was pretty heart-felt. First time a video game ever gave me tears.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...