Okami

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

I reserved Okami. The only thing about the date is.... i go back to school the 6th. :cry: I only get one day dedicated to Okami.

Now as for Twilight Princess....I WANT!! :D The only delema I'm having with TP is which system? I could get it for GC and i will know what to expect as far as control. But the Wii, i'm not to sure about. I mean how will it work and most of all Will I like it?
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

This sounds pretty cool, sortof exactly like Black and White for some reason. but i na good way. Unfrotunately I only paly PC games...
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Ok, Okami has shifted dates. Well in my area it has. Originally it was supposed to come out the 5th, now they (EB Games) has informed me that they have pushed the release date to next week, on the 13th. So I'm a little annoyed :( . Has the release date changed for anyone else?
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Double post AAAHHHHH!
anyway, I got Okami and it's GOOD!
Even though they postponed it again after the 13th to the 20th.
Razo wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Online sometimes...

Post by Razo wolf »

i finally got my copy. i give it a 5.5 out of 5 :o
Shift_
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Razo wolf wrote:i finally got my copy. i give it a 5.5 out of 5 :o
AGGGG Im still trying to get my copy!!
But I wont Doom 3 badly aswell, and Area 51! and Half Life 2 episode 1!! :cry:

I need a job.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Shadow Wulf wrote:

I need a job.
Well if you decide to get it, you won't be disappointed. I just beat it last night. The ending is kind of....sad and a bit moving.
I think this is the first game that I'm acually going to play again. :lol:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

BlackWolfDS wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:

I need a job.
Well if you decide to get it, you won't be disappointed. I just beat it last night. The ending is kind of....sad and a bit moving.
I think this is the first game that I'm acually going to play again. :lol:

Say what? :?

How long have you had that game? A few days? Did you play it non stop? Or is it a short game? (Very few levels.)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Some people are just good at beating games.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

ya i can beat a game real quick there's no challenge there simple patterns easy to read doesn't matter what game it's all simple.
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

Fenrir wrote:ya i can beat a game real quick there's no challenge there simple patterns easy to read doesn't matter what game it's all simple.
thats what online multiplayer is for :D
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Razo wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Razo wolf »

on a review says that the game is about 30 hours long.
Shift_
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

My friend got Okami. It's a beautiful fun game, and I can't imagine a single werewolf or wolf lover who wouln't want to play it.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I don't own a PS2, so I think I'll hold out a while longer for them to come out with an enhanced "Special Edition" version for the Nintendo Wii in a year or two.

...there have been no announcements about such a thing yet, but...Come On.

The Paintbrush play mechanic and the Wii controller are a perfect fit together. It's bound to happen sooner or later.

...I wouldn't be suprised if it is allready in R&D as we speak...

I've actually heard that it doesn't play quite as well as it looks (5.5 out of 5? ...be serious...), but that it is still a Great game. So if I happen to buy a discount PS2 (or break the bank for a PS3) in the near future, It would likely be one of the first games I pick up.

(Unless I hear an "Official" announcement of a Wii version on the way...in which case I would still wait.)
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Figarou wrote:
Say what? :?

How long have you had that game? A few days? Did you play it non stop? Or is it a short game? (Very few levels.)
It came out the 20th and I beat it on the 30th. It took me 10 days to beat it. No i didn't play non-stop becuase of school (lol). And as for level wise, there are no leves....it's more like areas. In total it took me like 40 hours. Any other questions?
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Razo wolf wrote:
I've actually heard that it doesn't play quite as well as it looks (5.5 out of 5? ...be serious...),
its my opinion dude. :P
It's your opinion that this game is a full half point better than any videogame ever created in the history of videogames?

It's great that you love the game, and it seems to be your favorite game ever...

...but going above the top of the scale just defeats the point of using the 5 point rating system to begin with.

5 out of 5 is a PERFECT game...a game with no outstanding flaws, shortcommings, glitches or dissapointments that will be cheered for for decades as one of the greatest of all videogames.

Not even landmark games like Halo, SuperMario, HalfLife, Elderscrolls, GranTurismo, Final Fantasy, Zelda and The Sims get ratings that high.

It's just a personal pet-peeve of mine to give games outragious, nonsense ratings like that just because you are exited about it.

The 5 or 10 point/star scale is intended to rate the overall quality of a product...not the users level of exitement about using it.

Image ...that's just how I feel about giving MORE Than "Perfect" scores to games. ...I am in no way bashing "Okami". I've been psyched about it sicne it was first announced, and am looking forward to playing it one day.

I'm sorry if I offended you in any way with my comment. Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Razo wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Razo wolf »

i based it more on how much the fun i have playing the game and how well it keeps my attention.
oh and my bad i accidentally deleted post... :lol:
Shift_
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

I can name one or two flaws in the game, but it's something you adapt to as the game progresses. The camera. Sometimes when the arena is on a hill, the camera has a tendency to be.....at a bad angle. I also think the game could have been longer with a better explaination of the "final boss". I also think that the final place Amaterasu goes to in the end, could have had some play time with a possible boss. (When you play and beat the game you will understand what I mean by "final place".) Okami, to me, is a game that I wished never ended. It's acually sad to see the end of that story and the credits. *sigh* :cry:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Im defiantly buying this game.
Image Image
howlbigbadwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by howlbigbadwolf »

Hands down this has to be the most beutiful video game I have ever seen. I mean please tell another game that is better looking the then okimi. I swere i wanted to cry when i say it the first time and now clover will be closed forever. :cry: Why do the thing i love always get taken away from me :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo THe JLU,clover studios,CABLE, INTERNET, when will the torment end ??
I live for the Moon
If you love werewolfs and Comics http://www.alphaluna.net/index.php
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/adult/home.html
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

It sounds interesting enough for me to consider getting a gaming console. I've considered the release of the PS3 a reason to jump in on gaming. (I know, it's a PS2 title, but PS3 is supposed to be backwards compatable, as well as a high-def Blu-Ray player.) But, I'd also like to give a PS3 to someone this Christmas, and getting one PS3 is a lofty goal at best this holiday season; two would entail mob connections or giving up one's immortal soul. I already appearantly lost mine over a previous wish, since Freeborn went into production.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
king2wolves
Legendary
Legendary

Post by king2wolves »

[spoiler]There are werewolves in the game. They call themselves the oika tribe. they take on the wolf form instead of the hybrid one. [spoiler][/spoiler]
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Yeah
[spoiler]and if you draw a circle around them, they will change forms. It's acually really cool. Later in the game you get to fight along side one in a battle against twin owl demons. Awsome game :D[/spoiler]
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

A close friend just bought a PS2 and with it on my recommendation and curiosity Okami. We gave it a look and were both pretty impressed. I still may end up investing in a console and getting back into gaming specifically because of this title.

It does take quite forever before you get into the game. Its opening sequence is a good 20+ minutes long. It wouldn't do it justice to skip through all of it, nor will the game designer let you. You go through an extended saga in beautifully drawn Japanese painting style, explaining the game's backdrop story. You have to push the forward button rather frequently, so the experience is a lot like installing Windows XP, replacing a complete episode of Wolf's Rain for all the "we will now check for updates" prompts.

It's not a game to play idly for a few minutes here and there; it's really more a submersive experience, and it's best to start playing when you've got a good hour and a half to devote to getting started, so you can appreciate the story.

It's definitely a more intellectual game, with a rather trippy premise, paired with LSDish images. But, even though I have very little free time and I'm not even a gamer, I'm seriously considering going out, getting a PS2, getting this title, and having at it.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Im waiting for it to get a bit cheaper on amazon. Then when its like $25 -$26 I'll buy it. Or mabey Ill buy it right of way.