Okami

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

ive had it for about a month and a half now an finnally decided to play it the other day...it seems pretty cool...i like the cell shade idea....though the opening storyline is kind of long to me but interesting non-the-less.. :D
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

We haven't got it over here yet. It's been in all the mags for well over 12 months, but no sign yet. Looks pretty cool though.
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

hey... i may be coming into a playstation 2 in the near future... should i buy okami? it's kinda 'spensive but it looks pretty great...

what should i do?
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

nachoboy wrote:hey... i may be coming into a playstation 2 in the near future... should i buy okami? it's kinda 'spensive but it looks pretty great...

what should i do?

HELL YES BUY OKAMI :D
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nachoboy »

okay, sounds good. that's what i'm planning.

but yeah, in case you can't tell, i'm kinda behind on the whole "video game consoles" thing. the only stuffs i gots at the time are a n64 and a gameboy color. but yeah, i'm thinkin of getting a ps2, 'cause i like the games they have, and yeah, okami sounds really cool, so yeah, i'm pretty sure i'll get it. thanks for the help, white paw!
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Okami isn't that expensive....for a PS2 game I mean. When it came out it was only 39.99. That's pretty good for that game. Oh and I LOVED IT! So yeah buy it!
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

s*** s*** s***!! I saw Okami at Rhino Games but I was $5 short :x Ahh Im so mad.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Well I got Okami yesterday and I absolutely love it. :o The game looks beautiful and I couldnt stop playing, I played 2hrs and 42min nonstop yesterday! This game is a must have. :o
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Wait until you beat it. I beat it and I was all upset, and mean really upset. I have never been like that over a video game before....I think I'll go play it again!
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Well I got Okami yesterday and I absolutely love it. :o The game looks beautiful and I couldnt stop playing, I played 2hrs and 42min nonstop yesterday! This game is a must have. :o

its about damn time :D
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

BlackWolfDS wrote:Wait until you beat it. I beat it and I was all upset, and mean really upset. I have never been like that over a video game before....I think I'll go play it again!
I've only played the demo upto now. It seems pretty amazing tho.

If you want another game to seriously move you emotionally, try Shadow of the Collossus. A beautiful rollercoaster of a game that truly blew me away. I have played it through 3 times now and still feel guilty by about half way through.
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

If you love Shadow of the Collosus, may I recomend Ico since it is made by the same people and it has similar graphics engine aswell as story. The last game that made me feel emotional was Shenmue for the Dreamccast.
Image Image
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

Yeah, Ico is amazing too. Loved them both, but S of C wins for me. :D

BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

I have to barrow Shadow of Collosus... and what's Ico? I have never heard of it...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

BlackWolfDS wrote:I have to barrow Shadow of Collosus... and what's Ico? I have never heard of it...
Im not suprise that you havent heard of it it was a pretty under rated game, it got great reviews but not many people gave it the recognition that it deserves. Its gonna be on my to buy lists. Or I might borrow from my friend.
Image Image
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nachoboy »

yeah, i played ico! that game was crazy! and yeah, i heard that shadow of colossus had a very emotional ending.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary

Post by BlackWolfDS »

What's Ico about?
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

Ico was brought out 3 or 4 years ago. It was made by the team who eventually did SoC. It is a fantastic looking VERY original game, Your basically a kid who has to lead a princess through all sorts of environments, but you have to solve puzzles and stuff to get her through. These spooky black ghosties keep trying to drag her to hell if you leave her alone to long tho.
i heard that shadow of colossus had a very emotional ending.
It does yeah, but your emotions are going all the way through really. Without spoiling the game, you just feel that you shouldn't be doing what your doing.

John Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Timber Wolf
Mood: Happy

Post by John Wolf »

I've been playing this for a week now, it has Very Good Graphics for a PS2 Game. :D
Free Scotland/Ireland From English Tyranny 2009

Change Favours The Prepared Mind
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I hate capcom...... :x
Image Image
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Shadow Wulf wrote:I hate capcom...... :x
Join the club, and boycott them with me!
:D

They shut down Steel Battalion. Bastards. :evil:
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

Kaebora wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:I hate capcom...... :x
Join the club, and boycott them with me!
:D

They shut down Steel Battalion. Bastards. :evil:
i want to join your club too :evil:

I am still playing Okami and i love it...this game is so amazing :wiggle:
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Lupine wrote:Wait until you beat it. I beat it and I was all upset, and mean really upset. I have never been like that over a video game before....I think I'll go play it again!
Because the ending was a letdown, or because it was so good you hated being done with it?

I've played both. There's a part of me that still gets teary-eyed when I think of Auron from Final Fantasy X or Mia from the .hack series. Then to the contrary, there's Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction, which I absolutely loved up until the ending when they informed me in less than twenty seconds that the country was even more FUBAR after my work was done. :P

I have this big long list of things I plan to do once I finally start making a monthly income. There's quite a few things on the list that come before Okami, but it's on the list indefinitely.

BTW, has anyone tried both Okami and Godhand, Clover's other brainchild? If so, which do you recommend trying first?
Razo wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Online sometimes...

Post by Razo wolf »

Okami is coming to the nintendo wii. :D

http://wii.ign.com/articles/828/828620p1.html
Shift_
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

so I heard, but Clover Studios is not porting it, so Wii owners dont get the honor of having Okami made by a brilliant studio.
Image Image