Okami

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Confidential
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Confidential »

I heard a rumor that Okami will also be ported to PlayStation 3, Is it true? I really liked this game.

(Pity they don't port it to PC, wonders if the Celestial Brush can be used with a mouse... :o )
Wulfur
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Wulfur »

soon very soon this game will be out :D
One only knows that of which they allow themselves to know.
( http://wulfur.deviantart.com/ )
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

I've pre-ordered it for the Wii.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

I did too!

It will be released on April 15, 2008. Oh I can't wait to play it again this time on my Nintendo Wii!
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

If I purchase a Playstation Two, I must buy this game.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

If you do? You should have purchased it long ago. Shame on you. :lol:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Always a little behind on video game systems, I was thinking about buying one once it hit the one hundred dollar mark, at this time the system is not much, games are cheap, could be entertaining for quite some time. I had one once, for a couple months, games Sly Cooper, Prince of Persia, Dragonball Z game, Spider-Man II, no Okami at the same because it was on the forty plus dollar level, I like to keep games under twenty.

:D
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'm very happy to see it ported to the Wii. I've got the PS2 version myself, since I don't have a Wii. (not counting one boxed up as a gift that will soon be in the mail) But, the idea of using brush stroke motions to do the celestial brush techniques is quite nice.

As for a port to the PS3, I've not heard any rumors of such, but as long as your PS3 console isn't the 40 Gig model without backwards compatibility, the PS2 version plays just fine. In fact, you get upscaling to high definition video output, though you don't get the full widescreen effect, which this game really deserves. Note also that the PS2 version I understand makes use of the rumble feature of the Dual Shock 2 controller; it's unclear whether or not the forthcoming Dual Shock 3, already available on eBay as an import from Japan, will offer that feature on PS2 games. But, since the Wii-mote doesn't rumble and neither does my plain SixAxis, it's not a vital feature to the game. Granted, having SixAxis motion for brushing rather than trying to get the analog stick to cooperate might be interesting.

Still, if you're looking for a PS3 port, it's already there, as long as you've got the right version of the PS3.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

There is an Okami theme for the PS3.

Using your PS3...go to this web site.
http://www.ps3-themes.com/gaming/okami.html
or
http://www.ps3-themes.com/gaming/okami_versiond-02.html
or
http://www.ps3-themes.com/gaming/okami_versiond.html

Click on "Download here" just below the pic.

Once its downloaded.....go to "Themes," select Okami then select "apply."
Wulfur
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Wulfur »

Wii version has widescreen. :P
One only knows that of which they allow themselves to know.
( http://wulfur.deviantart.com/ )
Moonwatcher
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guardian
Mood: Sad

Post by Moonwatcher »

I think Okami is a great game it's a lot different from most games
and the graphics is amazing.
Humans Fear The Beast Within the Wolf Because
They Do Not Understand the beast Within Themselves
Confidential
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Confidential »

Figarou, Thanks for the PS3 theme, but I managed to get one for my PSP instead. :)

Might as well get that theme on the PS3 once I have time.
Literally fading away...
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

Ugh I wanted to like Okami, but it didn't click with me. When a story NPC had to say something, it seemed like it dragged on forever; just get on with it already! The NPC voice babbling grated on my nerves. The graphics were also way too bloomy and too blurry, I had to squint to make things out. Japanese mythology doesn't really grab me either. I like for epic games to give me chill bumps, but Okami failed.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

To each one's own.

Okami is certainly not for casual gaming; it's a real time commitment. The opening sequence before you can even begin playing runs a good 25 minutes.

After awhile, I find myself picturing the game in the real world. It's especially funny to see trees just beginning to bloom, some with lavender and purple foliage. It looks like Amaterasu has been doing some of the landscaping...
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

I just received Okami this afternoon, been playing a couple hours, enjoying it so far, it has more breaks then I am used to, nothing that is much of a problem.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Anyone playing should set aside at least two, maybe three hours for the first time one plays. After that, it's best to play in blocks of at least one hour, if not more. This is no ten minute falling brick or Sudoku.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

I started yesterday evening and played for a few hours as it was a free evening, continue more today, I read that it can take over thirty hours to complete, which is good as I paid more then I normally do for a video game (over twenty) and it will be worth it for such gameplay.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

This is one LONG game, I do feel as if I am getting my money's worth out of it, enjoying it as it goes along.
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

No one played Okami on the PS2. It was an extremely poor selling game. There's a reason why the official Okami advertisement says "The best game you've never played." Putting it on the Wii is actually doing Okami a great service, since it will reach many more players through hype and advertising.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
LycanCaly
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by LycanCaly »

:cafinated: I love Okami!!! I got it, seemingly forever ago when it first came out for ps2. It's a beautiful game. The little flea character provides some comic relief every chance he has. Now, they're putting it on the Wii, which gives you an even better in-game experience with the brush feature.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Berserker wrote:Ugh I wanted to like Okami, but it didn't click with me. When a story NPC had to say something, it seemed like it dragged on forever; just get on with it already! The NPC voice babbling grated on my nerves. The graphics were also way too bloomy and too blurry, I had to squint to make things out. Japanese mythology doesn't really grab me either. I like for epic games to give me chill bumps, but Okami failed.
Yeah, I started officially playing Okami a week ago (my friend let me barrow her PS2, previously I only had a chance to watch her play Okami.) and it's not as grand as I previously expected. The art is wonderfully whimsical, and gives that beautiful ethereal feeling to the game. Yet it's hard to "translate" the art to real world dynamics. When I move characters in a way, I expect them to move as though they're being affected by the same physics and gravity of our world, and it's rather different trying to expect that out of Okami. Sometimes I miss things that are in actuality in plain view.

Though, most of all, if it weren't for the Warped speaking (personally, no voices at all may have made me a lot happier) it's a great and unique game.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

outwarddoodles wrote:
Berserker wrote:Ugh I wanted to like Okami, but it didn't click with me. When a story NPC had to say something, it seemed like it dragged on forever; just get on with it already! The NPC voice babbling grated on my nerves. The graphics were also way too bloomy and too blurry, I had to squint to make things out. Japanese mythology doesn't really grab me either. I like for epic games to give me chill bumps, but Okami failed.
Yeah, I started officially playing Okami a week ago (my friend let me barrow her PS2, previously I only had a chance to watch her play Okami.) and it's not as grand as I previously expected. The art is wonderfully whimsical, and gives that beautiful ethereal feeling to the game. Yet it's hard to "translate" the art to real world dynamics. When I move characters in a way, I expect them to move as though they're being affected by the same physics and gravity of our world, and it's rather different trying to expect that out of Okami. Sometimes I miss things that are in actuality in plain view.

Though, most of all, if it weren't for the Warped speaking (personally, no voices at all may have made me a lot happier) it's a great and unique game.
You must not play RPGs in general then because I played a and I dont mind the long talk at all.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image