Okami

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Werewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Okami

Post by Werewolf »

Clover Studios has a official Okami website up (in Japanese though), ver cool little site even with a Okami mini game :D

http://www.o-kami.jp/

This should be coming out soon in Japan, and has been confirmed but no release date set for the USA.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Thats odd...I thought it was already out in Japan.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Hmm, it's finally coming out? I had heard about this game a couple of months ago, but then never actually saw anything about a release.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

I'm looking forward to that games release, will be a nice change from my usuall shoot and looters. :D
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

What, exactly, IS it?
Sanity is relative.
Werewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Werewolf »

Ralith Lupus wrote:What, exactly, IS it?
It's an action/adventure game where you play the role of Ama Terasu a sun god and appear before you’re loyal followers in the form of a wolf to help bring life back to the now lifeless and dying land.

Closest thing I can compare it to is Zelda, though since I've yet to actually play it I'm just going by the videos. It has a unique art style much like Japanese watercolor, and a very different gameplay aspect that lets you draw on the screen (using the analog stick) to perform certain moves and tasks.

From everyone I heard played the demo raved about it, saying it is very creative and one of the best looking games they've seen on PS2 this year.

I'm extremely excited about this game (and the new Zelda one too), I even picked up a Import demo that I should have soon I hope :D
Razo wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Online sometimes...

Post by Razo wolf »

looks like it coming out in march 2006.
http://www.gamespot.com/search.html?typ ... &x=32&y=15
Shift_
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

That game looks a little weird, I think I'll try it out. For now I'll stick with the European goodiness that is Warhammer.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Akela wrote:That game looks a little weird, I think I'll try it out.
And yet that's what makes it seem so appealing. :D It probably won't matter if the gameplay is shabby -- it's f***ing beautiful! :D
shey
Legendary
Legendary

Post by shey »

it is a very very pritty game and It is creative unlike most games thes days but the new zelda may be put on the revolution I heard but if not mid 2006 is what you are looking at for the twilight priencess :cry:
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

this game looks awesome too bad I'm a XBOX person :( (I'll might buy one just to play this game :P )

i seen this character in a copy of a recent game informer its one of those art contests the best gets in the magazine this was one the winners. usually make fun of the picks with little punch lines this one was "I'll return magic to the world then lick my crotch" i couldn't stop laughing when i read that :lol:
Last edited by Anubis on Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Amaterasu is actually a godess...
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

shey wrote:it is a very very pritty game and It is creative unlike most games thes days but the new zelda may be put on the revolution I heard but if not mid 2006 is what you are looking at for the twilight priencess :cry:
Ignore all rumors about Twilight Princess being moved to the revolution. It's complete BS. Nintendo has allready said that they are working on a NEW Zelda game designed for the unique controll system of the new console (though don't expect to see in in 2006). All of the people who have convinced themselves otherwise have not thought it through. TP was NOT designed with the revolutions capabilities and controller in mind. Moving it over would require a complete overhaul of the game...which would be an inefficiant use of the programmers time.

Zelda: Twilight Princess Will be available for GameCube first half of next year. (...though it's possible that it may include exclusive unlockables you can only access if it's played on the Revolution system, which can play GameCube discs.)

That said...Okami looks SWEET! ...makes me wish I had a PS2. Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

makes me proud that I have a PS2 :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Mysterious Lycanthrope
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Mysterious Lycanthrope »

I heard 'bout tha game on tv. I think it is about 2 be, or wzs just released in Japan. Tha grafix are awsum looking!

I'll tell you what sux, I had already planned on being in a store @ 12:00 whae Zelda: The Twilight Princess was supposed to come out. But what do they do? They postpone it 'till March or May (can't remember exactly when) because they wanted to "check to make sure there were no glitches anywhere in the game." I don't care if there are glitches, GIVE ME ZELDA, OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"To die is to know that you're alive." -Ville Valo

"The most rebellious thig a person can do is be themselves" -unknown

Werewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Werewolf »

Very cool Okami video in english, just follow the link below and click on enter to get to the Okami video :D

Clover Studio's E3 site
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living

Post by Lukas »

curse you sony for sapping us of the good japense games!
o well, i least were getting other jap games like FInal fantizy and blue dragon
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

LoyalReaperDragon wrote:curse you sony for sapping us of the good japense games!
o well, i least were getting other jap games like FInal fantizy and blue dragon
What are you talking about? Okami IS being released outside of Japan. At least, I know it's comming Stateside. ...eventually. I'm not sure when the release date is going to be here.

*looks it up*

Ahh...according to IGN it should be released here in September.

...one more reason why I wonder why I don't own a PS2.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living

Post by Lukas »

i know its coming here, but i was complaining about how sony is taking the game and sapping us Xbox players of good jap games
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Dont worry, the 360 is gonna have more japan made games, not as much as the PS2 but it will definatly have more than the xbox did.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

LoyalReaperDragon wrote:i know its coming here, but i was complaining about how sony is taking the game and sapping us Xbox players of good jap games
That's because the X-Box is an american system, and japan Hates the X-Box over there. GameCube consistantly outsells X-box in Japan (and PS2 outsells them both, like everywhere), and the 360 had a very lackluster launch over there.

It is more than a little difficult to get japanise developers to make games for an american system that comparitively few japanise players use.

If you are a JP game fan...try buying one of the JP game consoles (Namely Sony and Nintendo).

...harsh, maybe, but true.
Last edited by Vuldari on Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Shadowsaber
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Silver shadowsaber the six tailed

Post by Shadowsaber »

I'm still going to get it. I think it's great
Werewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Werewolf »

This should be out finally in around early September, both EB and Gamestop have a cute little Okami artboard promo when you pre-purchase Okami too; I can't wait to play this :D
Razo wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Online sometimes...

Post by Razo wolf »

I reserved mine today! its coming out sept 5th from what the guy at gamestop told me.

[EDIT]
the release is moved to the 19th
Last edited by Razo wolf on Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shift_
Kisota

Post by Kisota »

Mysterious Lycanthrope wrote: GIVE ME ZELDA, OR GIVE ME DEATH!
Hear, hear! :lol:

Actually, I want the most awesome game ever. I can wait.

Okami sure looks interesting. So many of the unique/anime games come out for PS2. :( I still am a loyal Nintendo fan, but GAH. Annoying...

However, I think I'll be satisfied with wolfLink in TP. :D <3