Second Life

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
lunarwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Trying to run free
Additional Details: I look beyond the line of what a lot people call FACTS.... Because just because it's name MYTH..... Does not mean it does not exist.

Re: Second Life

Post by lunarwolf »

Just joined but my computer a little slow when i move around.
I'm just wondering do we have an island, any land or spots.
The truth...ha...why does it matter to you? You really don't want to know the truths I know....
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Read some of the previous posts for that, and more info.
The unofficial meeting place for Pack members in SL has been "Phoenix Research Facility" in FurNation Polaris.

In other news, I'm buying a Void SIM soon. My earnings in SL take care of more than half the fees. I wish to ask again about what we can build for the Pack's private area, but then again hardly anyone here plays SL
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
BornIntolegend
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Sing me a song.. and I'll sing it back to you.
Mood: Ruthless

Post by BornIntolegend »

SECOND LIFE = CRASHED MY COMPUTER.. RUN AWAY
And the heart of a wolf beat beneath her breast.

Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

It's the computer's fault. Not SL. This game requires more from graphics cards that most games. Because all of the content is player-made, amature content creators pay no heed to polygon counts. This can cause client lag which is the game's most major technical complaint. Sculpties, or uploaded single primitive model content, can save people from this issue, but very few people know how to do it.
-Kaebora
lunarwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: I look beyond the line of what a lot people call FACTS.... Because just because it's name MYTH..... Does not mean it does not exist.

Post by lunarwolf »

I think it's a interesting way to text/chat online and the virtual tours for different country's, and city's.

Plus see how people can create 3-D art/landscape. It's a very neat way to chat but I wouldn't consider it a game unless there is way to play it that I don't know of. ??
The truth...ha...why does it matter to you? You really don't want to know the truths I know....
BornIntolegend
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Sing me a song.. and I'll sing it back to you.
Mood: Ruthless

Post by BornIntolegend »

I just feel it would be a lot more healthy for people to go out and ACTUALLY MEET new people. No offense to anyone But I feel that some of the people that frequent programs such as second life suffer from some sort of social anxiety that deprives them from any form of face to face conversation... or perhaps they have extreme body consciousness

but hey.. just my thoughts

people would be in better shape if they got off there asses
And the heart of a wolf beat beneath her breast.

lunarwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lunarwolf »

Thats true too... But I recommend it just to use as a chat not a game to spend hours on. Lot of people use online talking to communicate across the world, so this is another step to chat....
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

lunarwolf wrote:I think it's a interesting way to text/chat online and the virtual tours for different country's, and city's.

Plus see how people can create 3-D art/landscape. It's a very neat way to chat but I wouldn't consider it a game unless there is way to play it that I don't know of. ??
Indeed there is. Many gifted scripters/programmers and their friendly artists have created games, usable weapons, vehicles, and many other functional aspects that people enjoy. I am in the process of creating custom accessories to go with the currently existing (and large) Stargate Network such as DHDs, readouts, and lighting effects.

Second Life is a platform. Not a chat room. Treat it as a chat room and that is all you will get out of it. Search for the fun stuff and you will find it. You can even join a military and fight other groups in real-time combat. (Beware of SL Military drama though, due to the competitiveness that is.)
BornIntolegend wrote:I just feel it would be a lot more healthy for people to go out and ACTUALLY MEET new people. No offense to anyone But I feel that some of the people that frequent programs such as second life suffer from some sort of social anxiety that deprives them from any form of face to face conversation... or perhaps they have extreme body consciousness

Most of the hardcore players of SL I've met are often unemployed, disabled physically, retired, or just really good at time management. I'd be one of the good time managers, as I find time between work and real-world recreation to play it regularly. I make actual US$$ money off of Second Life from the content I created, so it keeps me satisfied. Most of my time is spent at work, or hanging out with friends on the weekend. I even took up airsoft as a hobby again. Not everyone on SL is a fat useless bum.
-Kaebora
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.
Mood: Meh...

Club Ipswich on Second Life

Post by WereWolfBoy »

My mom is teh owner of Club Ipswich on second life pm me for more information and i will be glad to give the information to you.

~Werewolfboy~
The world lives in silence as we howl our hearts aloud
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

My SL based company, Phoenix Research, is moving to a new location. I have obtained a large quarter of a SIM that will be our home for the forseeable future. It is saving me an extra 15% off of the rental rates I have now. When the new building is all set to go, I'll announce it's new location. Considering that I have some volunteer staff helping this time, we'll have some interesting results.

All members of The Pack SL group are welcome to join my builder's group free of charge. I'll be plastering the Pack logo into a few places in the base, such as the new meeting room, and in the lobby. I consider The Pack as an affiliate group.
-Kaebora
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.
Mood: Meh...

Post by WereWolfBoy »

does anyone want to come to the club on Firday for the theme? its 1000 L for the prize.
The world lives in silence as we howl our hearts aloud
Spiritwhitewolf
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: The Celestial Witch-Smith
Additional Details: Nickname: Witch kat, Witch kaiju, Big Goth Tiddy Wife
Moon sign: Waxing Gibbous | Star Sign: Libra | Chinese Zodiac: Earth Dragon
Timezone: -5 EST
Mood: Happy

Post by Spiritwhitewolf »

BornIntolegend wrote:I just feel it would be a lot more healthy for people to go out and ACTUALLY MEET new people. No offense to anyone But I feel that some of the people that frequent programs such as second life suffer from some sort of social anxiety that deprives them from any form of face to face conversation... or perhaps they have extreme body consciousness

not to deny you your thoughts but my girlfriend met me on secondlife and traveled halfway across Canada to be with me. how is secondlife any different than this very forum when it comes to meeting people?