Second Life

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

So you mean to tell me this guy accidentally stumbled upon your bunker? Small world indeed. :o
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
psiguy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The pack's Linux Nerd

Post by psiguy »

:D Hehe, yea. I'm that guy indeed. The internet has a strange way of turning our enormous earth into something under the microscope. It has been a long journey for me guys. It looks like I came back full circle to where I have started. My story is long, my experiences, many, and the overall journey, worth it. I have changed a bit from the Psiguy you used to know. Great to see you guys. :vulcanwolf:
www.psiguy.deviantart.com <-- My artwork and generalities.

May the force be with you!!!
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Just a show of hands, how many other people besides Kaebora, Lukas ,tyger and Renorei thats on this board plays second life? anyone? Anyone else? Because you people seem to be popping up out of nowhere.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

I tried it out for a bit, but I couldn't get into it, and uninstalled the app.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living

Post by Lukas »

group pack photo wo hoo!
(from left to right: kaebora, me, shadow wulf, Psiguy)
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.
Mood: Meh...

Post by WereWolfBoy »

i can't get my proxy to work lol
other wise i would have one lol
The world lives in silence as we howl our hearts aloud
Ceekur
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ceekur »

Interesting. I remember the first time SL was mentioned on The Pack, it wasn't that enthusiastically received. Now it looks like a good few people here play it. :D

Ceekur DeCuir on there, if anyone is curious. I don't know if you guys have made one, but it doesn't look like there is a group for Pack members yet.
' They have come to take my life...
Let us settle this 300 year-old war once and for all...
Who shall live...? Who shall die...? ' ~ Moonlight Symphony - Vampire Night

Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

no group for pack members, there is only 5 at the moment to our current knowledge(counting you)
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Well, I'll dish out the Linden Dollars to start one. There has to be at least two members in a group for it to remain active for longer than a given period of time, and the last time I started the Pack's group it went inactive and I lost my $L. So as soon as you see this message, yall should log on SL and check your IMs for group invites. Any additional people that want into the group will have to PM me here with their SL Name.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Ceekur
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ceekur »

I checked SL when I saw the post, but I didn't notice any IM. I also searched for a Pack group but didn't seem to see anything related to us. Why do I have a bad feeling Kaebora accidentally wasted his money again.. :P
' They have come to take my life...
Let us settle this 300 year-old war once and for all...
Who shall live...? Who shall die...? ' ~ Moonlight Symphony - Vampire Night

Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

he didn't, im in the pack group myself, so its got to be there
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

It's a hidden group, and is only accessible by invite from an Officer or Owner of the group.
-Kaebora
SirDane
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

huh?

Post by SirDane »

What's with all this negitive feedback and no positive feedback of this game? I personally find the game fun and interactive. It's not all rude, gross and all bad behavior throughout the game. It's free to play and it has it's good points. I don't use it as one big chat room at all, I think of it as a interactive video converence for groups and or face to face conversations with voice. I have a kick a** custom av that I bought on secondlife from a master av maker. The graphics of the game have improved since it's first airing several years ago, it even has changing and moving clouds and sunsets and stuff. If your going onto secondlife to ignore real life or to hook up, then your wasting your time. But if you wanting a full figured experience, I'd say hang with some friends, or go to a social event instead. Any game can take up a persons life if they let it to, remember, all things in moderation. That's my review of secondlife. :)
"I am the Dane that barks in the night."
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

most of the negative feedback is from 2006 or 2007 when it was in some crappy stages still, if you read post from late 2007 to 2008 most of it is positive stuff or members talking about what they are doing in SL
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Okay, I'll try SL again. Last time, it was buggy as a three-day-old steak in the summer.
When there was a hack, the mis-management locked all the id's on the new people and I never did get back into the game.
So, since you guys say it's better, I'll try it again. Maybe Linden Labs got enough servers to handle things without glacial delays.
See you there in a few days...
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Cool. Well, Second Life has had irregular downtimes on their servers the past few weeks, but its mostly due to all of the new features and updates to their servers. Mostly an improvement in performance since last March due to the improvements to the Havok 4 physics engine (that is nearly impossible to crash like H1 did).

If you get online, look me up. My SL name is "Kaebora Quinnell". My bunker is hidden underneath a volcano in a SIM called "FurNation Polaris." Just click on the entry door on the north side. Hope to see ya there soon.
-Kaebora
cjkrythos
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Full Moon Librarian

Post by cjkrythos »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Just a show of hands, how many other people besides Kaebora, Lukas ,tyger and Renorei thats on this board plays second life? anyone? Anyone else? Because you people seem to be popping up out of nowhere.
I still play it, but not that often. I generally only get on these days for.... ummm... unmentionable activities that some of you might be too young to read about :grinwiggle: :wagtail:

Elrynn Naumova is my name. offer a freind request if you ever want to chill, just make sure to PM me before sending the freind request. i get a lot of noob players who instantly want to be everyone's freind yet dont care enough to get to know me before sending the request. Dont know if they think this is Myspace all over again or something, but its kinda annoying.
SirDane
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Ah, me sorry.

Post by SirDane »

Sorry I didn't see the older messages compaired to the newer ones. I also like to know how I can get a nice avatar pic like some of you guys have. I'm a good artist but sometimes i'm not that good. My name is Dane Warren on Second Life and you can't miss me, i'm the only Great Dane furry on there.
"I am the Dane that barks in the night."
Distorted Realism
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Thinking with portals

Post by Distorted Realism »

CNN DID A 60 MINUTES THING ABOUT A COUPLE THAT GOT MARRIED AFTER THEY MET ON SECOND LIFE AND ALL THEY DO TOGETHER IS SIT AND PLAY ALL DAY!! I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW THEY MAKE MONEYYY BUT THEY JUST SIT THERE AND PLAY!!! I BBET THEY DONT EVEN HAVE A SEX LIFE!!!!!

Also staring into the laser of my mouse is funnnn i see spots.... HI SPOTS...
If sleep is an escape for us, than we are all cowards. We spend one third of our life trying to get away...
-The Dark Dimension
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

there is a system on SL where if you make enough Linden dollars there is a exchange rate for real money
cjkrythos
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Full Moon Librarian

Re: Ah, me sorry.

Post by cjkrythos »

SirDane wrote:Sorry I didn't see the older messages compaired to the newer ones. I also like to know how I can get a nice avatar pic like some of you guys have. I'm a good artist but sometimes i'm not that good. My name is Dane Warren on Second Life and you can't miss me, i'm the only Great Dane furry on there.
find someone on Furbid or furbuy who is offering commissions

http://www.furbuy.com/
http://www.furbid.ws/

granted, you have to put up with auctions, but some of the auctions can be pretty cheap. Id give it a go if I were you and see what you can get. Dutch auctions are cool too. No raising the price, you just contribute to the bidding(one price for everyone who bids) and you get a commission, as long as you bid, you wont get left out or outbid.
Kaebora

Re: Second Life

Post by Kaebora »

I finally am putting my SL investments to use. I have now rented about a 3rd of the SIM I reside in, and am doing a complete overhaul on the organization I have set in the game. The new building will even feature offices for The Pack, and the Aquilla builder's group. Also, because it's not "underground" like it was before, there will be more walk-in traffic. That's better for sales.

I'd still be lucky to break even, but at least now I'm going to be providing products to SL residents more successfully.

More updates to come.
-Kaebora
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

The facility is half-finished now. Sublevel 1 is complete. Feel free to visit. The war room (ala Dr. Strangelove lol) is adorned with the Pack logo, as I am sharing that room as our official SL meeting place. I'm looking for any Pack SL residents that are willing to donate furniture and equipment to the upper floors of the facility, as well as suggestions.

FYI, there is a brainstorming session scheduled for 5pm PST at the PMC base! Come on down.

Can't find it? Search "Phoenix Military Complex" in Places, or IM Kaebora Quinnell for a teleport.

We will be discussing the future changes of the PMC group, possible uses for the empty sections of the facility, and maybe even recruiting a few people to help build the interior of the building. (My current crew has been too... preoccupied, to participate in any PMC activities.)
-Kaebora
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Yay! Triple post! Either noboby is listening, or nobody cares enough to reply.
._0

Seriously though. Those that have any interest in Second Life at all would like to hear this.

Anthony and Lukas represented the Pack in the sizable meeting that took place yesterday. Many things were worked out between several different groups. Aquilla backed out of their affiliate status. We obtained a new affiliate that we'll share the base with, The Corsair Pirates. We're changing the name of my main group to Phoenix Research Facility (PRF). And I'm granting the use of a room just for Pack events.

What I'm asking here is what we put in that room. Anthony suggested that there might be meetings between actors, producers, and the like regarding Freeborn. So, naturally we would want to provide enough space for large meetings. So what would yall like to do? What would be cool for this werewolf fan club to meet in? The only limit is your imaginations. Don't play Second Life? What would you want to see that would make you want to play?

As a reassurance, I do not allow any sex related content in or around my facility. I keep that weirdness out.
-Kaebora
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Kaebora wrote:Don't play Second Life? What would you want to see that would make you want to play?
A decent internet connection. Sigh.

adds yet more Vodaphone executives to the list of those who will be up against the wall come the revolution...