Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I meself am a Maya artist :}
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

Its true though Anubis. All you really need to do is set us up a template (storyline, cool items, neat functions, awesome stuff) and basically when you leave we'll work on it. A majority of that 2-3 years is spent building the game, not talking about it and what to do.*

*= I think.....
:P
My real online handle is Derutydragon
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Okay then,

I'll come up with the stuff, and you guys can take over when i leave in a year.
THE GAME

My Armory
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

Hoorah!

Status Update: I've got some basic movement down...sorta. I'm going to implement a sound library designed for 3d sound setup and a physics library. The sound one isn't going very well and is taking 3+ days (counting today) to finish. depending on when I can get that working I'll be finished sooner or later :/
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

I have a great idea, but i'll tell you it tomorrow. Because it's getting late and it might take me a while to explain it fully.

But for now it's kinda of peanutbutter, and chocolate thing. Try mixing starcraft, RTS, and sim city together with werewolves. I'll tell you what i mean later.
THE GAME

My Armory
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Okay, here's what i got for the game.

It takes place in medieval times, where mass werewolf hysteria raged though Europe. Lycanthropes are nearing extinction by the genocidal crusade, brought upon by the medieval Catholic church and the monarchical governments.

You play as an alpha (male or female) that just gained his tittle, and the first thing you do, is plan the lycanthrope rebellion. In order to achieve this, you must organize the last for your kind, and gain their loyalty. You must increase your numbers, undermining your enemies, gaining intelligence, training your soldiers, and obtaining weapons for your armies.

Also they can get advise from the pack elders, his/her generals, mages, and the beta or second in command, to help the player beat the game.
--------------------------------------------------------

Any way the player must first gain the loyalty from his pack. At first they are going think he/she is crazy for being so ambitious as to rebel from the Humans' superior numbers, and over whelming power. The player has do this by getting stronger and more charismatic. So he/she can be able light hope in their hearts, so they would follow the player. The beta or second in command, will help you by giving some advice.

Next, they have to increase their pack's numbers. By improving the dogma surrounding their race, put in place by the church. They can do this by having pack members protect villages from marauders, gangs of thieves, knights forcefully drafting the men for war, and tax happy feudal lords. The do this to gain their trust, and when they are willing to talk them. They can recruit disgruntled peasants into becoming werewolves and fight their oppressive government. With the "human-born" comes valuable skills that can benefit the cause, such as black smithing, and armament. Also start mining, and collecting resources for weapons and armor.

After they start to make a name for them selves, local packs will be more willing to participate, also some good knights will wish to join in as well bringing more skills to your growing army, but at this point the player should look out at what's coming through their boarders. Some local feudal lords will send some regiments to stop you.

At this point the player should start doing some small offensive attacks. As this continues more and more packs, and disgruntled humans will be more willing to follow the player. And the armies in his/her command will gain more faith and loyalty in him/her grows. Also they should start getting intelligence, by sending spies in human form. Like the women can use their feminine wiles to get strategic info from nobles, and they can send scouts in wolf form, to keep an eye on the enemy and race back when some thing is up.

Then it's full on war, the player guide his/her armies to victory, as the player becomes legendary. Therefore the player could ask more from them.

In battle the human and werewolf sides will have different strength and weaknesses. Werewolves, are more stronger, faster, and can fight longer. They have strong immune systems so they wont die from infections after being stabbed. Also some of them can use magic both as a defensive and offensive weapons. But they are little easier to kill from the lack of armor, and have fewer numbers.

Humans have much greater numbers, armor, and technology. Also they have defensible forts. But they are slower, weaker, and can't fight for very long with out fighting. and if they get a good hit from a werewolf they can easily die.

Then when the player occupies the capital and the player has the king's neck in his jaws, the king will surrender, and the player has beaten the game.

the story would continue as the player becomes king by popular demand by human and werewolf alike. He would rule Europe into a golden age until his death fifty years later.

------------------

Okay, now I'm done.

soooooooooooooooooo much typing! :P
THE GAME

My Armory
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

Wow I never thought of an RTS. That would make things easy? Not sure on how hard it is to make an RTS.
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I finished my Ninja character. I'll have pics uploaded when I get home tonight. I'm starting on a generic werewolf model now.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Machine-Whisperer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: At an Observational status

Post by Machine-Whisperer »

23Jarden wrote:Wow I never thought of an RTS. That would make things easy? Not sure on how hard it is to make an RTS.
the hardest thing for an RTS is an 'smart' AI,
unless of course it's strictly a player-vs-player game.
Bah... Stupid Case sensitive Email. Lets try this again !
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

An example of what can be developed from my low poly base model. This took about 8 hours of work to model and texture from it.
-Kaebora
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

That's actually a pretty detailed mesh. you could even go with far less polygons than that
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

Thats a really nice ninja :o

Still working on sound -.-
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Nice work Kaebora!!! :D
THE GAME

My Armory
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

MattSullivan wrote:That's actually a pretty detailed mesh. you could even go with far less polygons than that
This is the poly-count that games use today, like the XBox 360. It does not exceed 3,000 polygons per character. I do have a low-res version of it, but this one looks nicer. The additional polygons in the arms and legs allow me to "fake" the movement of muscles as well.
-Kaebora
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

That is very sweet.
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Its amazing how often this idea keeps coming up and yet never the will to keep going.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

Do we have a programmer yet? :D

And if you guys need music for the game, call me! I'll be happy to play some nice ambient-tunes or something. :P
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

wow!! isnt that just niftty :o 8)
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Projects like this never work well over the internet, rather than in person in an office.
-Kaebora
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

People that make mods work over the internet sometimes. And they turn out great.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Yes, but most of the time those are determined programmers and people who know what they'r doing.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Most of the mods that made it big were groups of friends that worked together in person. Counter-Strike, Garry's Mod, Action Half-Life, and even Day of Defeat.
I'm not discourageing the idea of making a Pack game, but the time it will take to make it happen will be many times longer due to the fact that the project has to be transmitted in chunks between many people over internet connections. Due to this fact, projects such as this run out of production time. Personally, I have very little freetime on my hands to even model a few characters and objects. Others here may have time to do such a project now, but may later hit a bumpy patch in life and have to postpone their work.

In related news... the Half-Life 2 mod "Iron Grip" recently made an update that allows you to use attack dogs with a dog whistle. Another added bonus lets you PLAY AS one of the dogs...

http://pnmedia.gamespy.com/screenshots/phl/77246910.jpg

Fido with an assult rifle. A deadly combo. :o
-Kaebora
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'm impressed with how this project is coming along. It's come a long way already from concept to momentum. It's looking like I could in maybe in a year or two find it on the shelf at Best Buy, buy the thing, sit down in front of my computer, and play it! (Please tell me you're making a PC version, and one that Vista can handle...)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote:I'm impressed with how this project is coming along.
Are you serious?
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Indeed. We really haven't accoplished anything yet. That screenshot I just posted was just a bit of humor from another game you know, and those models I made probobly wont be implimented into any final product. I mean, why would there be ninjas in a werewolf game? LoL!

It's good that you want to encourage us though.
-Kaebora