Werewolf game... The preproduction thread

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Werewolf game... The preproduction thread

Post by Anubis »

Okay, this is for the art/story element of the werewolf game we are working on.

Story, it needs a story! we need a plot for this thing if this is ever going to get off the ground. I have a several ideas but i want to hear yours first.

The game in question is most likely going to be either a 1st or 3rd person shooter, action adventure, or a plat former.

((Modelers and C# programmers WANTED! We are NOT picky! PM me if intrested.))
THE GAME

My Armory
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Texture artists are also in very short supply. Help is definately appreciated.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Miragh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: full moon addict

Post by Miragh »

I'll join in as soon as I've the hardware & internet at home.
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

Say hello to your new programmer guys! :D

Yeah I mainly do C++ and I also do somework with OGRE. Thought I'd just everybody else on the project know, since Anubis already does. So....other than what a game basically need (orientation, a mini-map ><, items, etc.), is there anything out of the ordinary that I'll need to code?
My real online handle is Derutydragon
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

im going to school for computer programing and game simulation design.... i could try and lend a paw for help. :)
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

That would actually help alot. I'm more..experienced than learned if you know what I mean. I'm still learning at the moment also, but I think I know enough to help :D

On a second note I have a modeller friend who'll be helping me with "simple" models since he's only been messing around with the program for a year(or less). I'll leave the more complex stuff to Kaebora :D
navalagVLK
Legendary
Legendary

Post by navalagVLK »

Best I can offer is concept artwork n' stuff :o

I do an amount of C++, but little advanced enough to even make th most basic of a game.

Maybe in a few months. :howl:  :oo
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Look, Ma! He's smiling!"

Post by Moon_Lover »

If anybody is interested, there's a forum that I had created a while back for this kind of thing (some may recall this). Time caught up with me, so it petered out and died. If you want, you can use it for the hardcore/serious planning aspect of the stages. Feel free to use the storyline that I started there, Anubis.
I would request that you guys pick someone to be the administrator, as I only expect to be there from time to time. Once it's decided, have them join the forum (If they haven't already) and I'll promote them to Admin.
You can run, you can hide, but I'll still pounce on you and lick you silly.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

Did somebody say texture-artist? I'm your man. I'm a pro PhotoShopper (no I'm not being arrogant; it was part of my education). Just tell me what you like.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Machine-Whisperer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: At an Observational status

Post by Machine-Whisperer »

well, as I've mentioned some time ago, I'm a 3D modeller, and novice animator, so I might also be able to help.

last time, we had no success due to the fact no one could script, but maybe this time, we might have more chance.
Bah... Stupid Case sensitive Email. Lets try this again !
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

Well my friend and I form a group called Dra-Games. My avatar is the logo actually. So if nobody minds I'd like to put that in the credits or intro vid or something. When I figure out how to get that working :D
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

Is there a storyline? I can do concept art. Links?
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Is it dead already? Wow, thats a new record! :D
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

Nope. I'm still working on it....maybe no one else, but I'm working on it.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

well what needs to be worked on?? :)
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

I dunno.... I'm still working on getting the graphics engine working. I think I almost have it completely understood. Or atleast enough of it. I'll just build a quicky demo or something and I'll upload it someplace so you guys can go :o . Its going to take me awhile as I'm learning as I work. I'll have something before the end of Feb.
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary

Post by 23Jarden »

Woot!
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

I'm also working on some character models. I'll have a finished werewolf by the end of February, hopefully. It will be a base model that can be altered to look any way we want. Likewise on human characters. I already have a base model for that.
-Kaebora
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Guys i'm sorry but i realised that i probably won't be able to lead this thing. I'm going on a two-year LDS mission at the begining of 2008.

So this is either dead or somebody is willing to take over.
THE GAME

My Armory
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Sorry to hear you can't do it Anubis. It all depends on who volunteers I guess. I'm not very good at leading any kind of software project. I just do the work people give me.
-Kaebora
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Anubis wrote:Guys i'm sorry but i realised that i probably won't be able to lead this thing. I'm going on a two-year LDS mission at the begining of 2008.

But thats in 2008, you still have a whole year. Do what you can now and then someone can step up to volunteer sometime near the end of the year.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Anubis wrote:Guys i'm sorry but i realised that i probably won't be able to lead this thing. I'm going on a two-year LDS mission at the begining of 2008.

So my intuition was right after all.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Shadow wulf a year is NOT enough time to make a computer game. it usually takes about 2 to 3 years to make one properly.
THE GAME

My Armory
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary

Post by 23Jarden »

I'll just repost what I said in the other thread.

"Well it seems to me like since Anubis sugested making the game he gets the honorary title of Head of the Project. I can do storyline and some concept art. http://www.freewebs.com/jarden/ The whole Werewolf vs. Vampire seems a little worn out to me. If we're doing a side scroller we could atleast make the enviroment visually interesting and not so much holed up in a base. Not to say to have no base. I love bases. So very secretive. *huggle* But maybe we could move outside of the base at some point. What about fighting a rougue werewolf, or a werewolf that's got alot of power and comming out of the moonlit closet. Or fighting a released virus outbreak that makes the humans who are changed into "viscous monsters". Maybe the primal virus <- (last sentence) doesn't change the humans into werewolves immediately(SP dispise that friken word) maybe it turns them into the furry faced wolfmen of the 50's. Maybe the virus progresses and at some stage turn the humans into werewolves. Maybe it goes farther. turning them into grotesque swollen megabeasties. Maybe there are other supernatural creatures. Maybe we're fighting Hell itself. If we do a side scroller we can create an RPG that detailed and colorful. We can include more Player Characters. Oh that was what the oringal typing of this post was for! Maybe we should have more then one charcter you could play. Like Type of werewolf, Color, and class. Maybe there could Ww's like Goldie's weres or like Freeborn's weres, or like the wolfman, or like a thin evil wolfie, or a big musclely wolfie, or a puffball wolfie, or...etc. maybe we could just have basic ROYGBIV, or different natural tones. Or have tattoos. (no doubt one would the pack sign) ((or a duckie)) Or have something similar to Wolfhome's coloring scheme. ACK! running out of time! I mean there are good, great side scrolling games(FMA) that are fun to play. Not to mention we could offer the fans (we included) the chance to change and expand the game as Bethesda did. Maybe we could create different templates for people to create their own characters. I would have to ask though that the characters entering are school apropriate. Perhaps there should be Admins to insure that anyone could play the game anywhere. Anyone to a point I am for and gore. Aw... times up. Until next time!"

And now for afterthought! Clearly Anubis wont be able to head the project.
Not to say that side scroller would have to be pixels. There have been games that have used 3D graphics to create a stable camera gameplay. Is there really a difference in the interface between a FPS and a RPG. Just thinking about Oblivion... Pretty close. Maybe it could be a FPS with different characters like Ghost Recon. Ack. Darn closing times. Oh, good song. Until next time.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Anubis wrote:Shadow wulf a year is NOT enough time to make a computer game. it usually takes about 2 to 3 years to make one properly.
Anubis, you didnt read my post right. I was saying that why dont you just keep being the head of the project, get it going share your ideas, how do you want it to be. And then when its almost time for you to go you can simply find someone to take over.
Last edited by Shadow Wulf on Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image