The Halo 3 Thread

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

ravaged_warrior wrote:From what I've read, the term map editor sounds very misleading... It sounds more like a stuff spawner to me.

Or I could be remembering incorrectly, but I think it said you couldn't mess with the map itself (terrain, buildings, etc.), just the objects in it. Hence, a stuff spawner.
Specifically what "Forge" is... is Garry's Mod. (Those who've played it will know what I mean.) All it is is a stuff spawner... yes. However, you can change the properties of the items, link them together, build contraptions out of random junk, or even build a stunt track for your Warthog. I'd stick a few rockets on the back of one of those mobile fortresses to give it some extra speed, or even flight. Also interesting... is the fact that you can spawn yourself as a Guilty Spark. Think of the video-making possibilities with a flying camera.

I predict a thousand crappy Red vs. Blue wannabees making a thousand crappy episodes with this stuf... clogging the internet.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Hey, I'm not saying it isn't cool, I don't even like the series and I thought the idea sounded appealing, it's just that the term map editor has come to mean something somewhat specific, and it's probably going to confuse people with all of the people using it.

The name Forge is a much better term, I can see why they're using it.

I've never read into Garry's Mod, but have heard of it. I think there's even an online comic that uses it for their comics (usually dealing with Gman, I think he's called).
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Therian
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Therian »

I'm gonna be buying Halo 3 when it first comes out the Legedary Edition. :o
You all laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Timber-WoIf wrote:and wouldnt it be cool if you could wear the helmit and it had a mic in it so you culd wear it while playing the game online?
...That's not what it does. It's just a little helmet.

And no. :P It'd look ridiculous and make your head sweaty.
-Jack Handey
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I'm getting Halo3 tonight!! and i'll be too damn busy playing it for the next two or three days to be on the forum.

I'll post my review on this next and final chapter of halo goodness. :D
THE GAME

My Armory
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

6 mongoose with rocket lauchers on the back.

a hog that carries 4 marines (i love guardsmen... er marines. halo marines)

flamethrowers.
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

aaah it's so kick a**.....I wish I had more time to play but homework calls :(
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Well since so many professional reviewers are too afraid to give Halo 3 an honest score because they might get bashed by fanboys. I actually found a couple of guys that has probably the best review you can find for the game. I personally would give it an 8.9 or 9.0 from what I played with just the multiplayer. Havent played the single player. But the game shure as heck doesnt deserve a whopping 9.7/10 or a 9.8.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=reqtXwf22qc
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Ezekiel
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: Lt. Ezekiel Manning of Bravo company.
Location: It involves a sniper rifle, newbs, and Halo, yep pain.

Post by Ezekiel »

While on the topic of kicking a** in Halo, nothing beats the Juggernuat with a rocket luancher and sniper rifle. But I learned one thing in Halo 2, if anything get a sniper in the passenger seat when playing the campaign mode take out the enemy before you even see them. And those who have said Halo 3 is no where near good, eh say what you wish I really don't care but you can rest assured after 3 Halo is dead, though there is contraversy over a movie being made for it, but I think that was a myth that was spread around, wait correct that after Halo wars the series will die, but if they go off and pull out a Halo 4 then I think I might lose my interest in it.

Did any one play the pc version of Halo Combat Evovled? Might have had an encounter somewhere, but among other things I love Halo 3, the beta was nice out off all the new toys you get to play with I love the Spartan laser, the heavy machine gun turret, and mongoose. But has any one else noticed that the banshee has a new shiny look to it, it really looks shiny?

Oh and If your a Hard core Halo fanboy, or fangirl, I know a site that talks nonstop about halo it's a site dedicated to the game all of them; indepth information on all the characters and weapons and it even gives wakthroughs for the levels and multiplayer maps for all three games. I'll post the site if any of you don't mind I have it put to favorites. And giving it a score I'd say a nine, they've changed the health and sheild part of the HUD too much. This time it doesn't even show the shield or health, but of course I wasn't paying attention to that, there were targets and noobs to dispatch.
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack. -Rudyard Kipling
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

As good as Halo 3 is, its still overatted. Your gonna hate me for this.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/article ... ion-Halo-3
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
tyger
Legendary
Legendary

Post by tyger »

ha! i just watched that review today! I laughed my a** off. I thought a lot of the same things.
Faolan Bloodtooth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Faolan Bloodtooth »

I liked it... as long as it lasted :D

Took me less than a day to finish... oh and there's meant to be another trilogy entering production soon (just a rumour) :D
The Past Is Dead...
The Future Is Unborn...
The Moment Is Yours...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Faolan Bloodtooth wrote:I liked it... as long as it lasted :D

Took me less than a day to finish... oh and there's meant to be another trilogy entering production soon (just a rumour) :D
That would just kill it then. And besides I dont think Bungie as that interested in making a whole new set of Halo games for a while. Yesterday they announced that the split from Microsoft and went back to their independent roots and they said they want to expand their ideas and creativity which is one thing they are all that good at. But also Microsoft still has a little part in Bungie involving with them publishing their games.
Image Image
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

Only |\|0085 don't like Halo,
I bought the Legendary Edition. I have to ask. Am I the only one that cried at the end of Halo 3? (Before the credits)
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

you probably are, everyone else hated the campaign for Halo 3.
Image Image
tyger
Legendary
Legendary

Post by tyger »

.... >.> .... no <.<
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

I played it... I liked it a lot more than the other two, which had fairly boring campaigns and a multiplayer which I didn't care for. This one really grabbed me, I was surprised. It's still not as good as it's made out to be, but it's an improvement.

As for the campaign... It was pretty good while it lasted, but that's the thing. It doesn't. Not to mention that the story isn't very good, I have no idea what anyone's talking about there. Then there's the fact that the end really shouldn't mean anything to the player. Master Chief is undeveloped like crazy. Not to mention that it didn't make any sense, since they didn't really show anything suggesting that it had actually happened besides that cutscene.

Basically, it was a big, enjoyable improvement, but I still don't know what the fuss is all about.
-Jack Handey
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I disagree, Halo 1 campaign was the best IMO.
Image Image
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

I thought it was kind of repetitive and I got bored pretty quickly.
-Jack Handey
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Well I have to play the whole Halo 3 campaign, but I liked the whole open environment the first one had. Halo 2 was alot more linear.
Image Image
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

They didn't really mean anything, though. The objectives were still linear.
-Jack Handey
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Halo 1: Combat Evolved, the original writing team for Bungie left after Halo 2. Most of the character designs and creature designs were redesign from the new writing team.

In Halo 2, the grunts look same from the original Halo.

But in Halo 3, they don't look cute anymore.
Last edited by IndianaJones on Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

The main reason that I liked Halo 2 single player was because of Arbiter and that some of the levels were pretty and interesting.
Image Image