S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

True. As far as freeroaming goes, the Elder Scrolls games are obviously the best, and even defeating games like GTA easily when it comes to freeroaming.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Yes, marrowind worlds are alot bigger. But you cant do half as many fun things in marrowind as you can in GTA.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Your right on that one. But I just like how verstile you are in GTA instead of feeling like a robot in marrowind.

And you can do alot of things on San Andreas, you just have to improvise.

Ex. My friend put a cheat for the jet on co-op, he piloted while I got on the jet. Then he tries hard not to go too fast that way I wont be kicked off. And I also have gotten on other vehicles raining massacre.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Robot? You realise that Morrowind is first-person? Yeah its switchable, but you never get the impression of being a robot...

I'm seriously doubting you ever played Morrowind, Shadow Wulf.
:P

And like I said, GTA games are very limited but you don't really realise that because you've got a entire city for your own (a entire world in Morrowind). And if you read your journal in Morrowind you should have known what to do.
Last edited by Morkulv on Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I played marrowind for the xbox and Im telling you the character felt kinda clunky. :P

But I still like marrowind, I was overwhelmed of how big the world is.
Image Image
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Im not talking graphics, graphics were pretty good. Im talking about the way the character moved, and thats not even that big of a deal. Its obvouse that your a Elder Scrolls Fanboy.lol
Image Image
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

simmer down now people
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Morkulv is making a deal about it. I just dont like how the character moved thats all.
Image Image
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Shadow Wulf wrote:Morkulv is making a deal about it.
I don't think Morkulv was making a big deal out of it, just disagreeing with you. You, after all, are the one who called Morkulv a fanboy.
-Jack Handey
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Thats not an insult. plus he claims that I havent played morrowind. I just simply stating my oppinion, nothing that serously go againts morrowind and he insist on disagreeing with me no matter what. I just wish he can drop it already. I just think the characters move kinda clunky thats all.
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Sorry but everytime I say Morrowind, I say as if its spelled Marrowind, it just stuck with me and I try hard to stop. I do like Morrowind. I can think of nothing bad about it except it takes a freakin hour to get from one town to the next. :lol:
Image Image
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Sorry but everytime I say Morrowind, I say as if its spelled Marrowind, it just stuck with me and I try hard to stop. I do like Morrowind. I can think of nothing bad about it except it takes a freakin hour to get from one town to the next. :lol:
Bah, try Stalker. Morrowind at least has bug-buses.

In Stalker one has to hoof it everywhere. The only saving grace here is that you can sprint and run super-fast for short periods of time. Though this can be lengthened by chugging energy drinks as you run...

Not always the smartest thing to do though. As one quickly learns why there are no vehicles aside from the occaisonal APC, Jeep or Helicopter in the zone. Anomalies can be hard to spot when moving fast and you really do not want to run directly into a "Vortex" anamoly. It doesn't end well.
Wulfur
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Wulfur »

Would you guys say S.T.A.L.K.E.R would be worth buying now or waiting till it's price goes down. Cause it sounds fun and seem like it looks good as well. but seems like it is laking story.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Wulfur wrote:Would you guys say S.T.A.L.K.E.R would be worth buying now or waiting till it's price goes down. Cause it sounds fun and seem like it looks good as well. but seems like it is laking story.
It's worth it now, I think. It's only 40 bucks afterall.

Stalker most certainly isn't lacking story. It's got a great one thus far, and supposedly has like, 7 endings. I'm not done yet and it's still got me wondering things. And from what I hear you'll still be left wondering until you've gotten a number of the endings. Since, like life, Stalker won't tell you everything.
Wulfur
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Wulfur »

Oh! that does sound good then. Next time I have a chance I will pick it up. I always enjoy a game that can always have a diffrent ending that has a good reason to play it over and over to learn new things. :)

Ty for the response most appreciated. :D