The Blizzard Building

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

The Blizzard Building

Post by Spongy »

Apparently the company who makes World of Warcraft has it's Headquarters right here in my city. (Blizzard...I think.) Funny thing is, my dad works at the building right next to the Blizzard building. He has managed to get some good friends there, to the point where I could probably get some major discount if I ever want to play the game. (I have no plans to start playing, though.)

Ok ok, so this is mainly just to brag, and make a few people jealous. Hah. Haaaah! HAAAAH! :D
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Hmmm... I haven't played any Blizzard games personally, but from what I hear they're a damn solid company. Which they weren't leaning so heavily on WOW nowadays, though.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Blizzard has their customer support staff here in Albuquerque. I could walk over there now and apply to be a full-time in-game moderator. But I wont. :P
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

did they ever amke asratcraft 2? ever??? wtf is it with warcraft? they just6ambandond us starcraft fans by releasing a bad shooter that wuznt available for pc. i dun like them no mores.
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

They have attempted to make some spin-off titles set in the Starcraft universe, but due to various problems with business between developers and Blizzard staff, nothing was released. On a more dire note, the original concept artists of Starcraft all quit Blizzard shortly after Starcraft: Ghost was canceled. This includes the highly aclaimed artist Samwise, who designed all three of the game's races and technology through his spectacular concept art. A huge blow to Starcraft fandom. Dispite the cash cow a sequel would be, they have no plans to make one. Bastards.

They will be making a Diablo 3 long before Starcraft is touched again.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

One thing to note is that there is (or was) a mod being worked on that turned warcraft 3 into 3d starcraft. Other than that, nothing is going on in Starcraft.
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko