argh (which MMORPG should I get?)

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

argh (which MMORPG should I get?)

Post by Searif »

such a hard decision to make, im trying to decided what game to buy but I cannot make the decision on me own, so I will ask you peoples.

Star wars Galaxies The complete adventures + time card

WOW: BC + time card

Guild wars(either one)

City of Villians time card

ooor, save my money for the warhammer online game?
Last edited by Searif on Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wulfur
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Wulfur »

Hum that is a hard choice. I personally play WOW, but unless you get on a new server or ones with some good friends you will be mostly solo playing till you get to the BC content which would be getting to lvl 58. most people that are playing are trying to beat all the end game stuff so it is hard to find people to lvl with at the moment.

Thats just my opinion on it.

I would say wait for Warhammer though it looks promising and it would be a start where there will be lots of new people coming in to lvl with.
One only knows that of which they allow themselves to know.
( http://wulfur.deviantart.com/ )
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

Dunno about any of them, but can I just ask if you are familiar with Runescape? my kids can't stay off it! they come down at stupid o'clock to go on it!

All I get from them is stats and levels ??

I must be getting old :lol:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Guild Wars.

All others will eat up both TIME and MONEY. GW will, at worst, eat up time.

That, and Star Wars Galaxies is trash. It used to be good, but whiners turned it to total crap. Jedi used to be rare and could only die so many times before you had to re-roll a new character, by the time I left they were dime a dozen and could die as much as they wanted.

Laaaaame.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

lupine wrote:Dunno about any of them, but can I just ask if you are familiar with Runescape? my kids can't stay off it! they come down at stupid o'clock to go on it!

All I get from them is stats and levels ??

I must be getting old :lol:
hm, runescape is crap in my eyes

and now I have basicly ruled out all cept WoW and GW

well WoW is a good game and I have played it before... guild wars is free and more meant for smaller groups
Kiri-Ryu
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Wereraven in the Sky

Post by Kiri-Ryu »

Well, I've only really played two MMORPGs, So I can only give my opinion on those.

I play WoW myself. Interesting gameplay + extra content is most of the patches keeps me playing, not to mention that I've made a lot of good friends there. The only thing is, if you're a casual gamer and only spend a few hours a day on it, you'll quickly be out-leveled by most people online (unless you get powerleveled, but what's the fun of that?)
Wulfur wrote: I personally play WOW, but unless you get on a new server or ones with some good friends you will be mostly solo playing till you get to the BC content which would be getting to lvl 58. most people that are playing are trying to beat all the end game stuff so it is hard to find people to lvl with at the moment.
I've never had that problem to be honest :panting: Might just be my server, but there are plenty of lower levels running around. And not all of them are Draenei or Blood Elves either.

Guild Wars.... Well, I'm going to have to say I'm against this one. Admitedly I haven't played it sicne it first came out, but I had a lot of problems with it. People were generally unfriendly, and I was only able to talk to them in towns, once I got out into the wilderness I was by myself... Which makes for good solo play, but not really what you want in an MMO. Also, one of the patches caused my computer to have a seizure and take permanent damage. A lot of things were deleted, and my Graphics card died: it could barely handle NWN, and even then it was really choppy. I know this isn't the case with every computer, otherwise GW wouldn't have any players. And it being free to play is definately a bonus.

Now that I think about it, I played a demo of SWG. And.... I wasn't very impressd with it either to tell you the truth. Although it had a lot more character customisation than WoW, it's gameplay leaves something to be desired. I'm not a fan of rapid clicking to shoot or attack in a RPG. Also the spawn rate was insane. Took only a couple of seconds for the enemies I faced to pop back up and shoot me, resulting in a couple of deaths.

But in the end, We're only giving you our opinions. The best way to choose which to play is to experience it for yourself. Here are the links for you to download the XX day trials for WoW and SWG. It'll let you play around with each game (for a couple of days anyway...) and see which you like best. You could probably find XX day trials for the other MMORPGs out there, but I'll let you find those since my internet isn't running well at the moment :P

WoW 10 day trial
SWG 14 day trial (Tab at the bottom)