Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guardian

PS4!!!

Post by Doberman »

http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/04/dont ... he-corner/

http://www.bbspot.com/News/2006/09/sony ... ion-4.html

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/tags/index.php?tags=ps4

Ok, I heard sony is coming out with a PS4. Some say by this Christmas and other say in five years. *Shrugs*
I do hope they don't continue the Kingdom Hearts series like Final Fanasty. I mean, it would really tick me off If I have to buy a new game system every time I want to play a new kingdom hearts game.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

I highly doubt it. Sony systems last a LONG time. They each lasted about six years, didn't they?
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

The Average Life-span of a game console is 3-5 years. It's WAY too soon for the PS4. However, it IS already in Pre-Development...as are the successors to the Wii and the X-Box 360.

The hardware developers start work on the next system Immediately after finalizing the current one, seeking out new technologies to take advantage of, plotting out possible new strategies and directions to take, and then watching the success and failure of the current systems to guide the final decisions on what exactly will go into this machine, and how complex or simple to make it, based on what the consumers are willing to dish out the most money for.

It never ends. I've even heard some comments from Nintendo that makes me think that they have a Possible Ninendo Gaming Cell-Phone under Pre-Dev, behind locked doors that may become vaporware before it is ever even announced if their market research does not show a high enough demand for such a thing. ..."Cell-Boy"?...

But, Yeah...don't expect the P.S.IV anytime sooner than holidays 2010...though it IS coming...(unless the PS3 financially BOMBS, that is, which is Possible, but fairly unlikely)
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
ArcaneWerewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ArcaneWerewolf »

The things on bbspot.com are just jokes. http://www.bbspot.com/Legal/about.html
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I still remember the PS9's first aired commercial. :D
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Kaebora wrote:I still remember the PS9's first aired commercial. :D
What was the point of that? Sure, it's pretty cool to watch, but saying "Here's what we might be able to do in the future maybe so buy this" just confuses the HELL out of me. Then again, Sony's always had questionable marketing where Playstations were concerned... Visually interesting, but otherwise meaningless junk with no other point than to say "This exists, so buy it". Not that the systems that weren't the PS3 (still waiting for a reason to buy this, and there are a few games that are making me want there to be one, just not if it's $600) were bad, but their marketing campaigns are just kind of dumb. I'm still trying to get over their stupid PSP commercials (actually, this one is pretty good, even though it's a bit annoying and it's full of s*** as far as being able to watch live TV is concerned).
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Heh, you know if you overanalyze the commercial, it will merely lose its entertainment value. Honestly it's purpose is to catch your attention, and assumes you already know what the PS2 is.
-Kaebora
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Kaebora wrote:Heh, you know if you overanalyze the commercial, it will merely lose its entertainment value. Honestly it's purpose is to catch your attention, and assumes you already know what the PS2 is.
Well, that's just silly. "Hey, you already know about this product and have probably already decided on whether or not you're going to buy it, but here it is again"? You're right, I am over analyzing, but there's just something annoying about it... And the PSP commercials were not entertaining, they weren't even visually stunning. They were senseless, or boring, or even borderline racist (not sure I should be mentioning this) in a playing-on-racist-stereotypes-but-not-making-fun-of-it way.
-Jack Handey
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

There also used to be a website called playstation9.com that had everything there is to know about the PS2. That's actually effective advertising. They grab your curiosity, then you take it upon yourself to research it. Thus there is a higher chance that you will buy.

Anyway, I suspect they will do something similar with PS4. We already know what Playstation is, but what makes the new system different is something we'll inevitably find out on our own, if not through a TV commercial.
-Kaebora
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

The PS3 isn't even a year old yet. Why would they come out with the PS4 in December? It has to be 2011, otherwise my faith in Sony is hereby dead and I'll be picking up a 360 quick-quick.
John Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Timber Wolf
Mood: Happy

Post by John Wolf »

I don't want to see anything like this, I've just bought a PS3 for God's sake. :evil: