I'm going LIVE!

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

I'm going LIVE!

Post by Anubis »

I'm getting an eithernet cable installed in my room. My mom is switching ISPs and I have money.

That means i'm getting xbox live very soon!

Hopefully by this weekend I'll get gold and be able to play mutiplayer online.

So who wants to co-op or go head to head on war zone on Gears of War?
I'll distroy all your asses! :howl:  :oo
THE GAME

My Armory
wolf_onmitsu
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I have no clue what's going on

Post by wolf_onmitsu »

Awesome! Thats sweet............I would play with ya, but I need a new xbox :( It won't play games. It turns on and i can get into the dashboard, but it won't play the games!!!..........Ill try ta fix it. :) or buy a new one.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I'm an XBox 1 (aka SeXbox) user. I'm not prepared to go next-gen (or afford it). If you have any backwards compatible games, hit me up. My gamertag is Kaebora.

I play the following games on XB Live:
-Steel Battalion: Line of Contact
-Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
-Operation Flashpoint: Elite
-Halo 2
-Doom 3
-Return to Castle Wolfenstien
-Forza Motorsport
-Star Wars: Battlefront 2
-Full Spectrum Warrior
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

I got Doom3 and Halo2, and My gamertag is Anubis Garou

but you have to wait before you can get schooled by moi,

My dad is still working on getting internet in my room and I have to buy gold before i can play.

Saturday is most likely when we can play.
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Anubis, I challenge you to Halo 2. But we would have to play on xbox connect, because I dont have live.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Comcast and parents screwed me over again!

s***! :x

Mom and dad are way too paranoid about being disconnected by comcast, in turn they won't let me until they can find a new ISP which is hard when Comcast currently has a monopoly in my area.

My parents wont listen to me, how it won't have much affect on our bandwith and internet connection. But NO! they are so high and mighty to even listen to what i'm saying!

Damn this is really ticking me off!

they are waiting for a satlite dish to be put up so we can switch. mean while I'm being screwed over by that retarted cable company!
THE GAME

My Armory
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

awww poor anubis. We'll hopefully you'll get up and running soon, so i can school you in the art of combat :gdiwolf:
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Ok, I dont understand the situation your having, Anubis. Could you explain the whole to me? I cant understand why comcast would cut you off. :?
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

That sucks. Comcast recently screwed me and my parents over by cutting us off and by doing so messed up our boxes, even though the cable and internet are working now. Still, in terms of internet, they're my favorite. For TV, they're second favorite, I've seen some pretty good features on satellite that would cost another $50 to do with Comcast (DVR). Still can't bring myself to hate 'em, though. Anyway, when you get your Live setup, look for me, I'll probably be on there by then (I just need $50).
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Ok, I dont understand the situation your having, Anubis. Could you explain the whole to me? I cant understand why comcast would cut you off. :?
I don't really want to explain the whole thing.

All i will say that comcast cuts people off because they feel that they are using it too much.
THE GAME

My Armory
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Anubis wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:Ok, I dont understand the situation your having, Anubis. Could you explain the whole to me? I cant understand why comcast would cut you off. :?
I don't really want to explain the whole thing.

All i will say that comcast cuts people off because they feel that they are using it too much.
What the hell? Good thing they don't operate like that around here. Our internet and cable boxes are pretty much always on. We're a bit lazy and tend not to turn off the boxes, and the internet just doesn't turn off because that's how it works.

That really sucks...
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

I think nobody saw the last post in the "I HATE COMCAST" thread. Without responses, it was informative and 100% true. Quoted for accuracy...
Kaebora wrote:I doubt that Comcast will pull someone's internet if they "use it too much". My father is Comcast's sales manager for the state of New Mexico. I asked him this question, and here's what he told me.

Comcast's internet use policy prohibits using the service for running servers for web hosting and constant file transfers. They recommend the use of third party remote servers for those purposes. It is true that Comcast can and will disconnect the internet for people that overuse the service, but it is to prevent this rule from being broken. My household uses the internet on a daily basis for several hours a day. I use XBox Live for at least one hour a day. This brings us nowhere near the maximum. In fact, my dad tells me they only had to disconnect one person in the entire state in the last two years, because he WAS doing insane amounts of data transfer from a home based server. It taks a LOT of constant data transfers to make a disconnect happen.

Therefore, unless your mom is illegally running a home-based internet server, there will be no disconnection.

My own personal web hosting and email is done through http://www.surpasshosting.com, and not from a home owned server. Therefore, when you access my website, the transfer rate is only going to the remote Surpass Hosting server and not through my Comcast home internet. There are some top rate T1 companies that will allow home operated servers, but all cable companies do not provide that.

As for connection stability, it is based on the fact that Cable internet is shared with other households (through area "Nodes"). If there are a lot of people using the internet at the same time in your area, the internet can slow down. This is true for any internet provider, but the cable line is used more constantly by more than just internet access. So, slowdowns are more common. It's great for XBox Live, but if I ran a home buisness, I'd go for SDSL (Symetrical DSL) for higher upload speeds.
-Kaebora
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Wow. My important point, ignored again? I'm trying to help you, Mr. Anubis.
-Kaebora
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I read it. Thats just crazy. Its a good thing I have roadrunner.
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Kaebora wrote:Wow. My important point, ignored again? I'm trying to help you, Mr. Anubis.
I know, sorry,

but my parents wont listen
THE GAME

My Armory
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Oh ok. Just as long as you saw it. :|

I'm suprised your parents aren't taking my words seriously. I'm only the son of one of the major managers of Comcast. What do I know?
-Kaebora