Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Things I have wondered why Nintendo hasn't done

Post by Dreamer »

-Brought the MArio anime to the US
-Created a new Zelda animated series
-Created a new Mario animated series
-Approved of a hentai game for the Wii (think about it, a one-handed phallic controller would be perfect for a hentai game)
-Given a non-RPG MArio game that actually has a good plot
-Brought back the Koopalings (Superstar Saga doesn't count because it was a one-time thing, and it really pisses me off that they kicked them out of Super Princess PEach)
-Planned a live action Zelda movie with Peter JAckson or Guliermo Del Toro at the helm
-MAde a Planet of the Apes joke on the fact that the Pikmin Planet is Earth (Maybe a mini Statue of Liberty buried there)
-Respecting Rares creations for the Donkey Kong Country universe rather than pissing all over them with Mushroom Kingdom rejects (In DK Jungle Beat)
XIV
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Re: Things I have wondered why Nintendo hasn't done

Post by Kaebora »

Dreamer wrote:-Brought the MArio anime to the US
-Approved of a hentai game for the Wii (think about it, a one-handed phallic controller would be perfect for a hentai game)
-Given a non-RPG MArio game that actually has a good plot
-Brought back the Koopalings (Superstar Saga doesn't count because it was a one-time thing, and it really pisses me off that they kicked them out of Super Princess PEach)
-Planned a live action Zelda movie with Peter JAckson or Guliermo Del Toro at the helm
-MAde a Planet of the Apes joke on the fact that the Pikmin Planet is Earth (Maybe a mini Statue of Liberty buried there)
-Respecting Rares creations for the Donkey Kong Country universe rather than pissing all over them with Mushroom Kingdom rejects (In DK Jungle Beat)
The Zelda and Mario animated shows that were here in america before, sucked pritty bad. Nintendo isn't going to take another chance financially in that direction.

Nintendo is a family oriented company. They sell to all ages. They WILL NOT submit their characters to sexually explicit situations. Why would you want them to subject such respectable characters to such dastardly things?

I don't know what Koopalings are.

There is a rumor that a script has already been written by Miyamoto for a Zelda movie, based on the Ocarina of Time game. Nintendo is a game company, so they would need a third party to produce it. There has never been any official word... but trust me, someone WILL pick it up eventually. Movie companies LOVE concepts that make money.

For Pikmin, that would be funny to see the Statue of Liberty ala Planet of the Apes. They wont do it though, because PotA is an american film.

The original writers from Rare no longer are working on the DKC projects, so it makes sense that there hasn't been a half decent Donkey Kong Country game in a long time. Still have my N64 to enjoy the classics with.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

I didn't mean a hentai game involving Nintendo's characters, just a third party hentai game with Wii features. Just how sick do you think I am ?!

And also, the Koopalings are the Koopa Kids from MArio 3 and Mario World.
XIV
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Oh and I forgot one thing. WHy hasn't Nintendo done a Pokemon game with battles in real time? They shoud've done that for the Gamecube Pokemon games, rather than an inferior version of the Game Boy games.
XIV
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Dreamer wrote:Oh and I forgot one thing. WHy hasn't Nintendo done a Pokemon game with battles in real time? They shoud've done that for the Gamecube Pokemon games, rather than an inferior version of the Game Boy games.
I'm wondering why Nintendo hasn't released an online version of Pokemon.

Now that would be amazing.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Dreamer wrote:I didn't mean a hentai game involving Nintendo's characters, just a third party hentai game with Wii features. Just how sick do you think I am ?!
That's just sick. Thank God Nintendo would never do that. Besides, it'd be banned in America before you could blink an eye.

((*cough* Linuix. *cough* Your game is definitely going to exist one of these days, I know it. I got linuix to turn my computer into a Play Station, it can do anything, probably including programming your Wii to play a 3rd party game you downloaded free off the internet.))
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

There is a rumor that a script has already been written by Miyamoto for a Zelda movie, based on the Ocarina of Time game. Nintendo is a game company, so they would need a third party to produce it. There has never been any official word... but trust me, someone WILL pick it up eventually. Movie companies LOVE concepts that make money.
If it's this, it's going to suck -- big time.
Last edited by outwarddoodles on Sun May 27, 2007 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

outwarddoodles wrote:
Dreamer wrote:I didn't mean a hentai game involving Nintendo's characters, just a third party hentai game with Wii features. Just how sick do you think I am ?!
That's just sick. Thank God Nintendo would never do that. Besides, it'd be banned in America before you could blink an eye.

((*cough* Linuix. *cough* Your game is definitely going to exist one of these days, I know it. I got linuix to turn my computer into a Play Station, it can do anything, probably including programming your Wii to play a 3rd party game you downloaded free off the internet.))
NO NO NO! I do not mean with Nointendo characters! I just mean any generic hentai game with Wii features. I AM NOT A PERV!
XIV
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Dreamer wrote:
outwarddoodles wrote:

NO NO NO! I do not mean with Nointendo characters! I just mean any generic hentai game with Wii features. I AM NOT A PERV!
I never said with Nintendo Characters, just that a game like that could exist on a Wii.

Sorry. :\
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

outwarddoodles wrote:
If it's this, it's going to suck -- big time.
The real deal would look much nicer. Trust me. The franchise is already worth billions.
-Kaebora
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Oh, and I forgot to mention two more things Nintendo should do, but hasn't:

-A pokemon game with real-time battles instead of turn-based (Which they should have done for the Gamecube rather than a crappy imitation of the Gameboy games)
-A Pokemon MMORPG (Comeon, can't you see that selling into the billions?)
XIV
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

You already mentioned the first one.

And outwarddoodles, the first online game on the Wii is supposed to be a Pokemon game.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Brought the MArio anime to the US
They made one? Seeing how anime is big here, i can't really see why
TV shows based on video game suck, nuff said
Same

-
Approved of a hentai game for the Wii (think about it, a one-handed phallic controller would be perfect for a hentai game)
-
Perv!

Nintendo is more of the disney of the gaming indrustry, besides no platform in their right mind aproove of the AO or Adults Only rating
Given a non-RPG MArio game that actually has a good plot
Agreed, why not
I really don't care on this
Planned a live action Zelda movie with Peter JAckson or Guliermo Del Toro at the helm
Why? VIDEO GAME MOVIES ALWAYS SUCK!!
Because it's stupid
I really don't know why
THE GAME

My Armory
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Anubis wrote:
Planned a live action Zelda movie with Peter JAckson or Guliermo Del Toro at the helm
That's because the people at the helm have been idiots like Uwe Boll. I still think that a Peter Jackson directed Zelda movie would be awesome.
XIV
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Dreamer wrote:
Anubis wrote:
That's because the people at the helm have been idiots like Uwe Boll. I still think that a Peter Jackson directed Zelda movie would be awesome.
No,

It always been that way, get used to it!

video games movies always sucked and always will.
THE GAME

My Armory
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

So Anubis, why don't you think that video games can't be done justice on the silver screen, even if a tallented director was working on them?
XIV
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Every one fails on the translation it self.

Movies are all about watching, games are all about doing. Games and Movies are way too defferent. Trying to make it work as a movie is extremely difficult. If you revamp the story for the movie, you'll end up with something totally different than the game to begin with. Like doom, replace demons with mutants.

You can't make a movie from a game with out it becoming butcherd in th end.

This is the same reason why games based on movies suck, translating is very difficult, and is often impossible.
THE GAME

My Armory
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Anubis wrote:Every one fails on the translation it self.

Movies are all about watching, games are all about doing. Games and Movies are way too defferent. Trying to make it work as a movie is extremely difficult. If you revamp the story for the movie, you'll end up with something totally different than the game to begin with. Like doom, replace demons with mutants.

You can't make a movie from a game with out it becoming butcherd in th end.

This is the same reason why games based on movies suck, translating is very difficult, and is often impossible.
I've never seen it summed up better. Well put.
-Kaebora
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Anubis wrote:
Agreed, why not
Because Nintendo has been recycling their old mascot games (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.) for so long that they no longer know how to do anything else. The last original concept Nintendo came up with was Pokemon; anyone remember how long ago that was?
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Terastas wrote:
Anubis wrote:
Agreed, why not
Because Nintendo has been recycling their old mascot games (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.) for so long that they no longer know how to do anything else. The last original concept Nintendo came up with was Pokemon; anyone remember how long ago that was?
Ummmmmm, excuse me? What about Pikmin, Nintendogs, Elite BEat Agents and all the other new concepts introduced after Pokemon.
XIV
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

Terastas wrote:
Anubis wrote:
Agreed, why not
Amen to that.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Morkulv wrote:
Terastas wrote:
Anubis wrote:
Agreed, why not
Amen to that.
You know, dispite the fact that what you are saying is true, Nintendo has done a very good job of not butchering the classics. Rather, the new games enhance the fandom. I've never seen a bad Zelda, Mario, or Metroid game. They're all good.

Capcom, on the other hand, has butchered their classics into ground beef. Nintendo is a saint in comparison. They have good writers, exellent gameplay designers, a powerful team of artists, and they actually LISTEN to their customer's input. (Sure, more emphasis on listening to the japanese gamers, but they still make great games by giving gamers what they want.)
-Kaebora
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

I think the real classics were delivered from Rare, not Nintendo itself. Nintendo got clumsy in gamedesigning after Super Mario World 2 IMO.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

For me, it was the Mario Party titles. How many did they make? Eight for just the one system?

Yeah, they're not as bad as Capcom. . . Yet.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Terastas wrote:For me, it was the Mario Party titles. How many did they make? Eight for just the one system?

Yeah, they're not as bad as Capcom. . . Yet.
No, I think the newest makes eight, and that was on Wii... I think. Anyway, the N64 capped it off with 3 and the Gamecube had about four more. It is ridiculous...

And as for Rare, as good as they were, Nintendo was just as good, if not better. Nintendo and Rare were an awesome team, with all of the awesome games Rare put out in that time... Rare and Microsoft haven't delivered anything that interested me, and I don't know how those things would correspond with each other, but it's an easier way of keeping track of chronology.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey