The Pack's Video Gamer Club!

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Shadow Wulf, Short Tail, and myself have already played some games in Counter Strike. I'm already pushing SW into buying Garry's Mod. I play that more often than anything else. :D
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

I have Counter-Strike, and know where it is. This is quite an amazing thing. Please tell me that we aren't just talking about the Source version, because not only can one of my computers not run it, the other one can't even install games... Or something. It's pure guesswork as to what it'll download.

Tribes sounds interesting, and I was actually planning on getting the second game quite awhile ago. Maybe we should try that one out?
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

I only play Counter-Strike 1.6 as well. Much better also, without those l33t-scopers (AWP). Only cool thing about Source are the improved models.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Hey, I just found the second Tribes game for download. It's much faster than the first Tribes's download (although I didn't use FilePlanet because I didn't feel like signing up - I'm afraid of being spammed). The first one was going at about 15-100 KB a second, depending on what it felt like, causing a possible hour-long to four hour long (or more, it said 188 hours for about a second) download, while this one's going at around 400 to 700 KB a second, being about a 12-20 minute download.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

But what about the CD key.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Shadow Wulf wrote:But what about the CD key.
I just installed it and played it. There wasn't a CD key for me. Could you get me a screenshot of what you mean?
-Jack Handey
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I didnt install it yet, It just said you needed the cd key on the website.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

I didn't have that problem... Let me go check it out.

EDIT: Huh... Just checked the online part, and I'm having more problems with version than CD keys. Maybe I need a key to get into the online mode?

EDIT #2: And the patches from Gamespot are refusing to install. Why? Because it says that the files being updated don't exist, but a file with the same name does... What the hell? Is the patch installer trying to f*** with me?
-Jack Handey
Wulfur
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Wulfur »

lol, I think I might have an extra cd key laying around for tribes 2.
Have not looked for years to see if I even have the game anymore.

I'll take a look and see.
One only knows that of which they allow themselves to know.
( http://wulfur.deviantart.com/ )
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I downloaded and played Tribes 1 & 2 when it was first put online, but I didn't think it was a fun game.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

I never liked Tribes 2. The maps were far too "open" to accomidate vehicles. Bad for sniping and footsoldier tactics. Tribes 1 is ok, but the server-side mod called "Annihilation" is awesome! The new assortment of weapons makes for some interesting combat. Nuke Launcher ahoy!

Morkulv, what reason do you have to dislike Tribes?
-Kaebora
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

Xbox 360 Gamertag: geek1500

GAMES:

Halo 2

Forza Motorsport 2

PGR3 (but less know that forza is out)

and that is just about it.

(and all the people that are listing Forza, are you talking about the first one, or the 2nd one that has just come out)
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

You can easily find CD keys online.

Just don't expect to be doing any online playing with them.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
wolfpriest
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfpriest »

Battlefield 2142
Guild Wars *All Expansions*
SWG
EQ1 & EQ2
Ragnarok Online
Half-Life 2
Counterstrike
UT 2004
Diablo 2
Halo (PC)
Age of Empires III
Battlefield 2
World of Warcraft

and quite a few more!
[wolfpriest] T.T Save me from her
[cumulusprotagonist] How could I possibly do that/
[wolfpriest] uuh...magical mystical mind bullet?
[Mom] OMG Gary WTF ouch...That better be fruit punch on the floor!
*Visit my blog here: http://wolfpriest.blogspot.com/
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

geekboy1500 wrote:(and all the people that are listing Forza, are you talking about the first one, or the 2nd one that has just come out)
I only own the first one, due to the fact that I do not have a 360.
-Kaebora
psiguy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The pack's Linux Nerd

Post by psiguy »

Games I play...

Pc:

Wolfenstien: Enemy Territory
Quake 3
Battle For Wesnoth
Nexuiz

PSP:

Socom: Us Navy Seals II
www.psiguy.deviantart.com <-- My artwork and generalities.

May the force be with you!!!
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Kaebora wrote:I never liked Tribes 2. The maps were far too "open" to accomidate vehicles. Bad for sniping and footsoldier tactics. Tribes 1 is ok, but the server-side mod called "Annihilation" is awesome! The new assortment of weapons makes for some interesting combat. Nuke Launcher ahoy!

Morkulv, what reason do you have to dislike Tribes?
I dunno, it felt too serious for a arcade-shooter and too sci-fi for a serious game. It just didn't feel right for me. I'd rather play complete over the top games like Quake for fast face-to-face action.

Besides from Tribes, I recently downloaded NavyField again. Luckily my old account on NavyField was still alive so I'll be playing again.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

I've never heard of NavyField. Is it any good?
-Jack Handey
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Its a kind of battleship strategic simulation game... Either you like it or you hate it. www.navyfield.com

Warning though: the game is incredibly unstable on some PC's.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I've got myself a nice ship in NavyField finally! :o
ArcaneWerewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ArcaneWerewolf »

The only online game I play is Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst. It can be downloaded free at http://www.psoblueburst.com/, but it costs to play online unless using a private server. The owners of most private servers don't want their servers posted on other sites, so anyone that's interested will have to use a search engine.

I don't have any other online games. It's been forever since I got anything new for my PC. I might try some of those other free ones that were posted.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I can recommend NavyField to you then.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Anyone else is on secondlife?
Image Image
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Secondlife is a waste of time. It's just a laggy chat engine these days, and nobody take on any creative license beyond the character editor. If I were to create a really cool environment for people to hang out it, they wouldn't care. They'd just cybersex all day in the more crowded areas.

I like to play Garry's Mod (a Half-Life 2 mod) to quench my need for practical creativity... and killing NPCs with clever contraptions. You can make just about anything even with the most basic tools in that game. Yesterday I completed my bomber fortress. The bomb bay doors open and deploy bombs out of the sides of the craft. Kickawesome!
-Kaebora
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I wish I could run HL2 smooth, then I would love to edit maps for it (and for CS).