28%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
20%

Total votes: 25

IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Yeah, it will be cool to have the main protagonist as a werewolf. But it won't exist, the whole world of GTA only contains realism, real-life, reality, and bullshit. Only smoothskin humans in that world. Unless we make a werewolf mod out of GTA IV for PC.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Defensorem Lupus
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Being Frank
Mood: Relief

Post by Defensorem Lupus »

That will still be sick, just a thought! :lol:
The wolf is neither man's competitor nor his enemy.
He is a fellow creature with whom the earth must be shared...
If the wolf is to survive, the wolf haters must be outnumbered.
They must be outshouted, out financed, and out voted.
Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes.
-Dr. L. David Mech
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Scott Gardener wrote:I voted "no" myself. I'm just not all that interested in role-playing a criminal fighting his way through the low-life. Granted, I think the controversy surrounding the Grand Theft Auto franchise is unfair, since the mature rating already establishes that it's not a game for the kids. I don't think professional car thieves are going into the trade because they liked the game, any more than they were by watching Nicholas Cage and Angelina Jolie making off with someone else's classic Mustang in that movie. But, it's not because the game is controversial that I avoid it. I just prefer more of a sci-fi or fantasy element. Although, I have tried the demo version of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, which would seem to be the PlayStation 3's high-def, bleeding edge answer to Atari's Pitfall.

Edit: as a side note, I grew up an enthusiast for the Pontiac Firebird, until my parents' one was stolen. It dawned on me a rather unfortunate naming coincidence for the highest end models that came out in the late 80s...

http://www.gtasourcepage.com/
With the trend of time progression the games are taking I can see them fulfilling your sci-fi needs soon enough.
- GTA took place in the 60's
- GTA 2 took place in the early 70's
- GTA 3 took place in the late 70's
- GTA Vice City took place in the 80's
- GTA San Andreas took place in the 90's
- GTA 4 is taking place in modern day
- GTA 5 takes place in the future perhaps??
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Confidential
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Confidential »

Kaebora wrote:- GTA 3 took place in the late 70's
I thought it was released in 2001 then It would had been set in the 21st century?
Judging by cars, game environment and stuff.
Literally fading away...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

IndianaJones wrote:Yeah, it will be cool to have the main protagonist as a werewolf. But it won't exist, the whole world of GTA only contains realism, real-life, reality, and bullshit. Only smoothskin humans in that world. Unless we make a werewolf mod out of GTA IV for PC.
I don't know if I'd call GTA realism. The main characters themselves, they are real, yes, but usually the GTA world is a great big parody of America: corrupt politics, rampart consumerism and endless stupidity as far as the eye can see.

I was one of the skeptics at first, and the first time I ever tried playing a GTA game (Vice City, in this case), I was actually one of those lamewads that tried to do it with as little lawbreaking as possible. But you know what? It only took a couple of missions and about ten minutes of VCPR to proclaim, to quote Jack Nicholson: "This town needs an enema!" and finally start driving through all the red lights for starters.

You can try to play nice, but GTA's atmosphere really encourages that kind of cynicism.

Of course, I haven't seen GTA4 yet, so I don't know how much that's changed. Anyone? Can you still listen to talk radio in #4?