Clover Studios is no more ....

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Clover Studios is no more ....

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Capcom has officialy deminished Clover Studio, the creaters of Okami and Viewtaful Joe. How can a company be so stupid! All of thier games are great and original! I hate capcom! I hate them! :x

I read about this on a youtube comment and I went to gamespot to check it out for myself and its true, they have officially been no more as of February this year. The month of my birthday and a month after I got it, how nice is that? :cry:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Atsuhi Inaba (Producer and founder of Clover) has been dumped by Capcom like this before. He was once the Producer for the developer "Nude Maker" for a few projects. Namely... Steel Battalion, and Steel Battalion: Line of Contact.

Dispite the hype and success of the game, and the devoted cult following, Capcom deemed the game unimportant and a threat to their financial situation. They pulled their support for Inaba's spectacular giant robot game practically before Line of Contact was released. The game's sequel was never advertised or marketed effectively, and thus sold poorly. Capcom blamed the franchise and the developers for the failure. The remote online Campaign servers that ran the real-time XBox Live conquest mode was taken offline by Capcom a year and a half after the game's release. This leaves only Free Mission, a peer-to-peer connection with no true conquest mode.

Consider this. 50,000 units of the first SB game were made. Every single one was sold. That is what we call success. Capcom is full of businessmen that can't see past their own fat egos, which are only bolstered by their fat wallets. Nude Maker's games were shut down even after some moderate success. Clover was shut down after monsterous success. Who's making these dumbass decisions? If they wanted to get rid of some assets, the should have sold off those sections of their company to other, more eager publishers. Then they would have seen some profit out of it, and we could continue to enjoy the new game sequels that will now never see a continuation.

For now... you can either enjoy your Megaman Super SXP9000 Classic Pack, or boycott their products like I do.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I hate capcom as well for the same reasons,

They dump on their better games, and developers, but they insist they keep realesing megaman for the millionth time.

Which now suck a**, and is atop of the list of the franchises that NEED to die, right next to sonic.

Some reason they like their crap games, but the few games that are actually good get dumped on.
THE GAME

My Armory
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

So THAT'S why they started dismissing old beatemups...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

A;right I brought RE4 but only because I been wanting to play it and beat it and its a good game. My next and probably last capcom game I will buy will be Viewtiful Joe.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Capcom is one of the older companies that released some groundbreaking titles some ten-odd years ago, namely the Mega Man series, and later, Street Fighter II. The problem is that they've gotten so much into the habit of remaking Mega Man and re-releasing Street Fighter that they can't understand why such games would not be successful anymore. As far as they are concerned, the formulas to make Street Fighter and Mega Man are the recipes for success.

So when they don't have as much success as they want to, they look at the games that differ from their idea of a successful game and pin it squarely on them instead.

Mark my words, this is only the end of Clover Studios as a name. Some other companies will look at the moderate success of the Clover video games be eager to cash in on Capcom's mistake. It won't be long, I predict, before we see something advertised "from the makers of Okami and Viewtiful Joe. . ."
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Capcom has been going down the drain ever since they released Resident Evil Gun Survivor for PSX, so it doesn't really surprise me that they were gonna make some sacrifices. The only thing that kept them alive and going since then was a cashcow called Resident Evil 4.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Morkulv wrote:Capcom has been going down the drain ever since they released Resident Evil Gun Survivor for PSX, so it doesn't really surprise me that they were gonna make some sacrifices. The only thing that kept them alive and going since then was a cashcow called Resident Evil 4.
*nods* I almost had a heart attack when I found out they changed the format of the Resident Evil games for #4. That was their one and only smart move in the last five years.

It's worth noting, however, that Shinji Mikami, the creator of the Resident Evil series, also contributed in the production of Viewtiful Joe. Honestly, I think it's only a matter of time before he jumps ship too.