E3 2007

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

E3 2007

Post by ravaged_warrior »

E3 is this week, so I thought there should be a discussion topic.

Conference times:
Microsoft - Tuesday, 8:30 PM PST
Nintendo - Wednesday, 9:00 AM PST
Sony - Wednesday, 11:30 AM PST
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

Heh, never been one for following E3 or watching coverage, however waiting to see who won 'Best of E3' award is what I like to do

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Ever since they closed E3 to the general public, I stopped caring. I do have a few friends in the industry that can get me a ticket, but what's the point. None of my closer friends would be able to go with me. And I doubt any Pack members will be present.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

I didn't expect there to be, but most gaming sites will be having coverage, so I was kinda hoping for the discussion to be coming from there...
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

Yeah, I oughtta head over to one of those big gaming sites and check it out a bit.

ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Check out the Assassin's Creed gameplay video from the Microsoft press conference, it was awesome.
-Jack Handey
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I have mixed feelings on E3 and other privatized trade shows... but I'd love to hear who won the 'best of' awards. When do those air?
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

Huh... I could swear that I've heard that last year was the last E3 ever. :?

The annoying thing IMO about events like E3 is that a lot of stuff you see there is gonna get cancelled later on, or put on-hold or whatever.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Or delayed... Wasn't Mass Effect supposed to come out before this year's E3? Anyway, I'm hoping that the E3 gameplay demos get released for download, since all of the major consoles have their own system of downloads. The only one that I can see having any reason not to do it is the Wii, and only because it's drive space is more limited than the others and because the Virtual Console only sells older Nintendo console games.
-Jack Handey
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

Most games from Japan are a sure thing though. They rarely cancel games, at least in the last half decade. When Steel Battalion: Line of Contact was declared Best of Show 2003, I thought it would be canceled because of its complexity, but sure enough they released it.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

True that...

Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

CRAP! I was at my mom's house, which has no internet, so I missed out on E3 coverage. So, what did I miss?
XIV
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

ravaged_warrior wrote:Or delayed... Wasn't Mass Effect supposed to come out before this year's E3? Anyway, I'm hoping that the E3 gameplay demos get released for download, since all of the major consoles have their own system of downloads. The only one that I can see having any reason not to do it is the Wii, and only because it's drive space is more limited than the others and because the Virtual Console only sells older Nintendo console games.
Nope. Bioware never gave out a release date, though I've noticed multiple instances of gaming places (sites/mags/etc.) giving out made-up dates. Bioware revealed the release date to be November 2007 shortly before E3 this year.

I've been watching E3 via G4, myself. Things are looking pretty awesome. Halo 3 looked pretty awesome (complete with a rather tense looking scene between the Chief and the Arbiter, oh snap.) Fracture also looked pretty awesome (deforming terrain! Grenades actually do more than kill people and kick up dirt!) but I missed the coverage of Mass Effect. Though I think Gamespot has a clip of that.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I saw some of it on G4, too. I missed anything about SC2, though, which was the only pert I really cared about. And gamespot was being SO annoying and refusing to play the stuff for me.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Kzinistzerg wrote:I saw some of it on G4, too. I missed anything about SC2, though, which was the only pert I really cared about. And gamespot was being SO annoying and refusing to play the stuff for me.
Ah crap, I forgot about SC2. Missed that too.

Yeah, Gamespot's videos are a b****. Took me forever to get the Mass Effect vid to work.
Rwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: 1,2... 10 pointy black claws.

Post by Rwolf »

Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Holy Crap. Thats some awsome fight scene. Ashame that the werewolfs are badguys again. :cry:

You know. This reminds me of resistance fall of man.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image