What game franchises that you love...

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Faolan Bloodtooth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Faolan Bloodtooth »

Legacy Of Kain...

Not because of any actual deficiency with the games (anyone who has played them knows these games have a totally immersive storyline and completely believable characters) but because...

AMY HENNIG LEFT CRYSTAL DYNAMICS!!!!!!

How can the series continue in earnest when the writer and director of Defiance has gone!!!
The Past Is Dead...
The Future Is Unborn...
The Moment Is Yours...
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Timber-WoIf wrote:I thought doom 3 was pretty cool. Of course, it would have been dissapointing for anyone hoping for a fast paced shooter. But yea, it wasn't really scary. Not to me anyway. But i did hear people scream through thier mikes when playing co-op on the xbox. Of course, i set them up for the traps n stuff ("hey! i found aplasma gun! You want it? its just inside this room...")

hmm... i suppose medal of honor. Heck, i didn't even bother playing the last two.
I wasn't hoping for a fast-paced shooter, but for something more... Doom.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

Kaebora wrote:
spongypants23 wrote:That's one heck of a controller, Kaebora. How long did it take for you to break it in?
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Either...

1) Did I break it?
Yes. Twice my controllers have had some breaks. Just small fixable things like the sub-weapon trigger and a cracked button, and maybe one or two burned out LEDs. It took about six months of casual gameplay before the sub-weapon button's control chip got shoved out of place. All fixed though.

2) Did I break it in (debut playtime)?
I broke in my first controller in May of 2004, and the duel LAN setup in July of 2007. I've have about 1,500 combined hours of game time on record. It's just that fun.
*just noticed this*

By "break it in" i mean how long did it take you to get used to it, like pushing the right buttons every time without lookin at the thing.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

ravaged_warrior wrote:Such realistic thought has no place in the Star Fox universe! Shame on you for thinking otherwise. After all, when you shoot Falco (sometimes accidentally, sometimes not), he yells at you "Hey, Einstein, I'm on your side!" Therefore, it is perfectly logical in the completely illogical Star Fox games that a character named Fox McCloud could, conceivably, be considered Irish.

Sidenote: Wolf O'Donnell is Irish, too.

(Oh, and here's the explanation for my It's Slippy! joke in my last post for anyone who didn't catch it)
The only connection I see is Irish last names. Considering that all Irish people are HUMAN, I doubt a fox and wolf anthro would originate there. That, and wolves haven't existed in Ireland for centuries (hunted into extinction).

And... to further along the Slippy jokes...
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=103
spongypants23 wrote: *just noticed this*

By "break it in" i mean how long did it take you to get used to it, like pushing the right buttons every time without lookin at the thing.
About a month or two. It's like driving a car or typing on a computer, as I now can press any button without looking. However, this game is credited for having an endless learning curve. Don't let that scare you away, because even the process of learning is fun, even though you die a lot as a noob. I didn't get my first kill online for nearly a month.

Even today I still keep finding out new combinations of strategies with the game. Such as how only reciently I found that if I lock on to the enemy a split second before my Rail-Gun is fully charged, the warning light on the enemy's VT will not blink soon enough for him to react... therefore, landing a nice chunk of damage.

Or... how I am trying to master the art of shutting off my auxillary toggle switch systems for a split second to force the enemy to lose the lock in the middle of a circle strife without losing my momentum, causing that moment of hesitation that would cause their demise.

Does any of that make sense? If so, you've defied logic by understanding a game you never played.

Steel Battalion: Line of Contact is the BEST GAME EVER!
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Kaebora wrote:The only connection I see is Irish last names. Considering that all Irish people are HUMAN, I doubt a fox and wolf anthro would originate there.
It's also doubtful that an anthropomorphic bird would know who Einstein is was my point. Basically, Star Fox doesn't make any sense, and it never has. Therefore, in such a game series, calling them both a certain nonexistent (or is it? We're never told what nations are on Corneria) nationality based on their last names is not as insane as fighting the giant robotic head of your sworn enemy, for example.

And to further add to the VG Cats Star Fox madness:
Warning: May break your soul. Forever.
Morkulv wrote:I wasn't hoping for a fast-paced shooter, but for something more... Doom.
I know what you're talking about. Doom 3 was marketed as a horror FPS, and that's just not what Doom is. Hell, the first Doom was very brightly lit. Doom 64 was considerably less so, though, but it wasn't a survival horror game. It was an action game with horror elements.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

ravaged_warrior wrote:And to further add to the VG Cats Star Fox madness:
Wow. :lol: I never knew there was that much innuendo in that game.
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Terastas wrote:
ravaged_warrior wrote:And to further add to the VG Cats Star Fox madness:
Wow. :lol: I never knew there was that much innuendo in that game.
Curse you Yaoi!
XIV
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

ravaged_warrior wrote:
Kaebora wrote:The only connection I see is Irish last names. Considering that all Irish people are HUMAN, I doubt a fox and wolf anthro would originate there.[/url]It's also doubtful that an anthropomorphic bird would know who Einstein is was my point. Basically, Star Fox doesn't make any sense, and it never has. Therefore, in such a game series, calling them both a certain nonexistent (or is it? We're never told what nations are on Corneria) nationality based on their last names is not as insane as fighting the giant robotic head of your sworn enemy, for example.

And to further add to the VG Cats Star Fox madness:
Morkulv wrote:I wasn't hoping for a fast-paced shooter, but for something more... Doom.
I know what you're talking about. Doom 3 was marketed as a horror FPS, and that's just not what Doom is. Hell, the first Doom was very brightly lit. Doom 64 was considerably less so, though, but it wasn't a survival horror game. It was an action game with horror elements.
That comic is hilarious. :lol:

And yes, the idea behind Doom 3 is kinda flawed. Although I believe Doom 3 was still short on horror, they could at least made the game more roomy. Now your basically claustrophobic from start to finish. Also, whats up with all the imps in Doom 3?
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
TobiasTheReaper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moonlit Hunt

Post by TobiasTheReaper »

I really miss Naughty Dog's work for Crash Bandicoot. That was one of the best game series I've ever played.