S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky

Post by Aki »

That's right, it's time for another trip back to The Zone, as GSC is coming up with a prequel to the original Stalker. In it, you play a as-yet un-named mercenary a year prior to Shadow of Chernobyl's story, who is working to stop Strelok from reaching The Zone's center as, apparently, such causes some pretty bad s*** to go down the first time. Also, a faction-war seems to play a major role in the story, with you able to take a side and lead it to glorious victory! GSC has added new areas, revamped old ones, and seems to be planning new anomalies and upgraded AI and an upgraded engine for better graphics and stability.

And is aiming for a Q1 2008 release.

http://www.stalker-game.com/ <-- the Clear Sky portion of the site has some info and pics, but the old SOC portion has more Clear Sky stuff, including some screens. Such as this and this

Oh, and a gameplay video.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Upgraded engine for bigger system requirements you mean. :D
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

No worse than anything other games for the PC (Like BioShock) will demand of your system. Hell, GSC didn't hire one guy who's entire job was making water pretty, so it'll probably be less than Bioshock. :P

Additionally, there's a new vid here. I have yet to finish DLing it (it's big. 130 somethin' MB) but it apparently shows the swamps off.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Then I would have to downtune the game... :( (I had to downtune BioShock as well to 800x600) I don't like to do that.

Anyway, those screenshots you posted look impressive.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
John Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Timber Wolf
Mood: Happy

Post by John Wolf »

Finally getting a better computer in one month, will be playing that game soon. :)
Free Scotland/Ireland From English Tyranny 2009

Change Favours The Prepared Mind
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I bought the first STALKER for PC today, and before installing it complained that my videocard wasn't capable enough and that it only had 64 mb while in fact I have a GeForce 7300 with 256 mb RAM... :roll:

I really hope STALKER is just sucky at recognizing new drivers (I have the latest videocard drivers) or else its probably the last PC-game I've ever bought.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Your OS is probably bad. Sometimes it wont read what you have right.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Its just Vista Home Basic... Nothing wrong with that.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I once used my friends XP disc for the first time and it didnt want to detect anything correctly, it thought my videocard supported pixelshader1.0 when its suppose to be 3.0, it thought it was a 128mb when it should be more. It didnt even thought i had less ram.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Morkulv wrote:Its just Vista Home Basic... Nothing wrong with that.
Stalker doesn't support Vista, which is probably your problem. Sometimes people manage to run Stalker fine on Vista, others...not so good. It's a rather hit or miss affair, as Vista came out after Stalker.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Uuuh, dude... Where did I say it didn't run? STALKER runs fine on my system. It was just weird that the game figured my specs wrong.
John Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Timber Wolf
Mood: Happy

Post by John Wolf »

Stalker soon, really carn't wait. 8)
Free Scotland/Ireland From English Tyranny 2009

Change Favours The Prepared Mind
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Morkulv wrote:Uuuh, dude... Where did I say it didn't run? STALKER runs fine on my system. It was just weird that the game figured my specs wrong.
Where did I say yours didn't run? I was merely pointing out that some people have had trouble with Vista and Stalker. :P
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

The only games that really have a problem with Vista are Doom 3-engine powered games. Every Doom 3-engine game didn't make it to the main-menu for me except for the Enemy Territory: Quake Wars demo.