Metroid Prime 3! *eeeeek!*

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Metroid Prime 3! *eeeeek!*

Post by MattSullivan »

*squeals like a girl* Metroid rulz. IT RULZ!!!!
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

I have actually never played a Metroid game, but I plan to buy Metroid 3...once I can afford it.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Damn it, I need a Wii.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Wasn't Metroid 3 also released for the PC?
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Kaebora wrote:Wasn't Metroid 3 also released for the PC?
That wouldnt be a good thing for Wii owners would it. If it is out for PC, Id want to buy it in a heart beat. Im thinking of buying a wii and play some cool exclusive titles on there like metroid prime 1 and 2 aswell as some of the RE games.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

Yes, you should all go get a Wii! The Wii PWNS! :3

Haha, i had to do that, sorry for getting off-topic.
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Wii Rocks and I got it (MP3)! I already got the plasma shot! muhahahahah burning things is very very fun :D
Wan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: DA WereTiggy

Post by Wan »

Kaebora wrote:Wasn't Metroid 3 also released for the PC?
AFAIK, Nintendo hasn't released any of its "commercial" games (Metroid saga, Super Mario, etc) for PC.
I've only heard of educational games, like "Mario teaches to type" (it's an example, eh? not an actual game)

wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: booooooooooored.....

Post by wolf4life »

ARGH!!!

I WISH I HAD MONEY FOR THAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

:(

but i do have a wii so it shall be mine! :P
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"Choose a good path....because you only get to choose once"-Wolf4life

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
tyger
Legendary
Legendary

Post by tyger »

oh yes Metroid is an awesome awesome game thus far. I'm quite surprised the topic *JUST* got posted. ^^ I mean in honesty we've seen this type of storyline several times before. " hero starts to become darker and likes the new power" but this one takes it in an original way I think ^_^
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

I'm s*** at FPS's and probably won't buy it. I am truly hyped for MArio Galaxy and Smash Bros Brawl though. Not to mention DK Barrel Blast (Finally, a true sequel to Diddy KOng Racing that won't get cancelled!).
XIV
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

I WISH FOR WII
I WISH FOR WII
I WISH FOR WII
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

There's a third? When does it come out?
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

It's out right now silly!
XIV
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

I am missing out. I need to get Metroid Prime 3 since I have a Nintendo Wii.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Caine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Caine »

I finished Metroid Prime 3 two days ago and I can safely say it is one of the smoothest, most polished, incredibly immersive games I have ever layed my paws upon. I mean... WOW. The first part of the game is a little underwhelming... the initial ship escape, the primary tutorial stage on Norion (except for the first boss fight there! It's awesome!). But once you get past that and get to the second world and the whole story there the game just blows you away! Literally.

The controls are spectacular, the story excellent, the voice acting (not for Samus!) very well done, though a little stiff, and the environment incredibly detailed, beautiful, and diverse! If you want a great review of the game, go here!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24117.html

Now, for those of you who are thinking of getting the game and have not yet picked it up, I have some advice (This also goes for those who have the game and are so far unimpressed with the control scheme or difficulty!)

1. Before you even start playing Metroid Prime for the first time, become familiarized with the Wii's bounding box by playing with the pointer in the menu screen. Learn where you can point the controller and still have the IR sensors function; find your boundaries where the controller no longer works and keep your movements with the box!

2. Do not have your TV in front of a window or a lamp that gives off infrared light! This will destroy the IR sensor of the Wii and make gameplay absolutely impossible! If you can, keep your TV against a wall.

THESE NEXT SUGGESTIONS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR EVERYONE!

3. Any self respecting gamer will... WILL play this game on Veteran difficulty, not normal! Metroid Prime 3 is not a terribly difficult game and on easy you will find yourself killing bosses the very first time you go up against them, especially in normal mode! If you want some semblence of a challenge, go for Veteran, don't be afraid! Dying in Metroid lacks the painful penalties of its predecessors. There are checkpoints in the game, especially before battles and your ship serves as a mobile save point (handy, no?). To increase the difficulty, once you have created the game, it will ask you for difficulty... make it veteran or you will be very unhappy. Trust me.

4. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. The default controls in Metroid Prime 3 are woefully inadequate. WOEFULLY! Before you begin playing for the first time, go to the options menu in the title screen and set your control scheme to ADVANCED. Also, do not enable auto targeting during lock on. Allow your aiming reticle to move when locked on a target. For many bosses and other enemies this is a necessary tactic that will help you in a myriad of ways.

DO NOT IGNORE THIS OR YOU WILL BE IN A WORLD OF PAIN!

Please... trust me... especially on the last one. If you don't, well, either you will go through the game thinking its Red Steel 2.0 or you will learn the hard way that there is a better way to play.

In any case, anyone who likes First Person Adventure, get Metroid Prime 3. So far, it's my game of the year. No Contest.