What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: PACK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!
Mood: Ruthless

The worst game(s) you have ever played.

Post by Silent Hunter »

As said. What is the worst game you have ever had the misfortune of playing and why?
tyger
Legendary
Legendary

Post by tyger »

let's get the laughter out of the way first.. *waits....* okay.. Catwoman. usually a game based on a crappy movie turns out well. Where as a game based on a good movie usually sucks. but catwoman was crap all around the graphics weren't bad but that's all it had goin' for it. for starters when you hold the controller the four buttons are your usuall buttons to attack and such. Well say good bye to that theory. all attacked were used with the right analog stick. It had a camera which was kinda spastic. bad acting.. yeah it was just bad...
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Any game that they make from a movie. Most of those are rather boring..
ArcaneWerewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ArcaneWerewolf »

Silviana, an old action RPG with a horribly flawed battle system. It's one of those games where you walk into enemies to attack them, but there's no right way to do it. No matter what side you attack them from, you'll still take damage anyway. Bosses are a real nightmare since you can't even use healing items when fighting them. Short on health? Then you have a 0% chance of winning. The game also has cheap tricks pulled on you. Some treasure chests have scythes in them, and instead of being a cool new weapon, they just kill you. Money bags have a chance of containing thorns, which make you walk so slow it's not even funny.

I seriously think they tried to make the most frustrating game possible. What confuses me is that somebody bothered wasting his time to translate the cruddy game into English.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

The Sims-

Boring as s***! i don't get why every one loves it!!
THE GAME

My Armory
wolf4life
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: booooooooooored.....

Post by wolf4life »

i liked the sims for about the first day...then it gets very boring...

WORST GAME EVER!!!

Pirates of the Carribean: At Worlds End

ARGH! SO BORING!!! you fight like an idiot, ever heard of a boss...and i dont mean the psycho lady you push into a pot, graphics were pretty bad, the story was short, i finished it in about 4 hours, way to easy....

BAD!!!
"Es gibt nix, was es nicht gibt", translated "There's nothing which can't exist."

"Choose a good path....because you only get to choose once"-Wolf4life

"TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!"-Gir
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

Anubis wrote:The Sims-

Boring as s***! i don't get why every one loves it!!
I tried it for a couple hours placing together a house etc... I have not turned it back on in days, it is done well, just boring, I know someone that can play the Sims at least a couple hours every day. I need to do more in my games then telling people to eat.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Then you are one of the few lucky persons. I have had 3 different computers over the last year and they all had the same glitches, bugs, crashes, etc. with Morrowind. And a small search on the internet turned out I'm definitely not the only one. Like I said, its a great game, just not for PC.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

The Dynasty Warriors series, don't even tell me it's just another hack n slash game. It gets boring as hell after a few plays. The A.I. for the soldiers are stupid, but not the leader. The graphics are bland and blah on the PS2 and Xbox. The characters are cool and have many variety, but the game is not very intense when you see the background army fighting. I used to have all series, then I traded all of them to GameStop for store credit.

Titan Quest: Another Diablo 2 game with a Greek myths, story, and Greek Themeing on it. Very similar gameplay, the graphics are sharp, but the gameplay gets old, cause it's like Diablo II in 3D!!!!!! Ironlore has formely Blizzard North employees who work on the Diablo I and II.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Mario Is Missing. Do I really need to explain that one?
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Set, I think not.

As for mine: Masters of Orion 3. Smooth graphics, worst game play experience I have ever had.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Morkulv wrote:Then you are one of the few lucky persons. I have had 3 different computers over the last year and they all had the same glitches, bugs, crashes, etc. with Morrowind. And a small search on the internet turned out I'm definitely not the only one. Like I said, its a great game, just not for PC.
I really don't think so. I'm a regular on Bethesda's forums. Plenty of people seem to run PC-Morrowind fine. *shrug*

It seems you just have crap luck with computers, mate. :blink:
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

full auto - shallow as hell, no vehicle customization, only 1 multiplayer mode, and a god car.
crackdown - just too damn broken
Fire Warrior - just because they screwed all the guns up
America's army - i spent forever listining to classrom lectures just so i could be a medic, just to find out medics are useless anyway.
FEAR - combat didnt flow at all.
GORE - for being retarded (wasnt really that bad, was just really retarded)
Forza 2 - over 200 cars. and like 4 tracks to race them on. wtf, really? (would've been awesome, had there been more tracks. or at least different conditions)

oh, adn real war - too restrictive about unit production.
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Kalira
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kalira »

Conquer online :(
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Aki wrote:
Morkulv wrote:Then you are one of the few lucky persons. I have had 3 different computers over the last year and they all had the same glitches, bugs, crashes, etc. with Morrowind. And a small search on the internet turned out I'm definitely not the only one. Like I said, its a great game, just not for PC.
I really don't think so. I'm a regular on Bethesda's forums. Plenty of people seem to run PC-Morrowind fine. *shrug*

*sigh*

Go to Google, then search for "Morrowind" in combination with the word "crash", or "bugged", "freeze".
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

Now that I think of it, Battlestar Galactica for XBox is extremely frustrating, and ONLY has story mode. No versus, no deathmatch, just the hard as hell campaign that takes over four attempts per mission (if you're lucky or skilled to the point it's almost inhuman).

Mech Assult was a bust for me. A game made with multiplayer as the main facet should have more multiplayer options and combat strategies. The story mode had a basic story, whis is fine... but the missions were too easy, even on the hardest settings. Couple that with repetitive gameplay that will leave you bored by the final missions, and you have a crappy game. It's a good thing it's a short campaign. They fixed most of this in MA2, but is still a bit repetitive. For games made specifically for the XBox, both games had room for improvement with the graphics.

Robotech: Battlecry is a game I love, but also love to hate. The Robotech universe is one of my favorites among Mecha franchises, but there hasn't been a decent game for it yet. Out of about three or four games in the Robotech franchise, Battlecry is the best one. Sadly, it wasn't very good, and thus illustrates how bad the other games are. Battlecry is fun and exiting in the beginning with huge space battles and impressive cel-shaded environments. It's like playing inside the anime! The problem is, it gets so repetitive half-way through the game that I never wanted to finish it. It's that bad. Once you learn all of your abilities by Mission 2 or 3... that's about it. You use those same abilities without change for the rest of the game. A little customization is availible, but doesn't change anything besides some basic armor and speed settings. Multiplayer is fun for awhile, but gets repetitive as well. After three matches my friends always want to put in a different game, and I would agree with them.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Morkulv wrote:
Aki wrote:

*sigh*

Go to Google, then search for "Morrowind" in combination with the word "crash", or "bugged", "freeze".
That'll pick up every use of the terms. If I dig long enough, I could find the link back to this page.

Frankly, I'll trust my time on the official forums more. The obvious course of action when a game fails to head to the company for support, no? *shrug*

Morrowind wouldn't have the thriving modding community it does (even now, with Oblivion released) if the PC version was cripplingly bugged. As, after all, it's the only version capable of being modded.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Third link from search "morrowind crash".

You greatly underestimate the power of the Google!
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

Kaebora wrote:Mech Assult was a bust for me. A game made with multiplayer as the main facet should have more multiplayer options and combat strategies. The story mode had a basic story, whis is fine... but the missions were too easy, even on the hardest settings. Couple that with repetitive gameplay that will leave you bored by the final missions, and you have a crappy game. It's a good thing it's a short campaign. They fixed most of this in MA2, but is still a bit repetitive. For games made specifically for the XBox, both games had room for improvement with the graphics.
YES
I knew i forgot a big one. I hated mechassault (both, with a passion) mostly becasue i'm a Mechwarrior and Battletech fan, and they COMPLETELY f*** EVERYTHING UP. they gave chassis wrong names, screwed with various weapons dynamics, AND FOR CHRIST SAKE THE MAD CAT DOES NOT HAVE A MASS OF 100 TONS. omfg. That end every friggin weapon in the game was a fraggin seeking missle. Even the autocannons curved toward thier targets. i mean, seriously. and poeple complained about Halo's aim assist.

that and what the heck was all that magic crap about in MA2? reminded me of friggin 40k. seriously.

Put the Battletech universe to shame......
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

In defense of, not just the Sims, but all Maxis games, if you have a short temper and/or attention span, you won't like them since they work in reverse. Typically, you start off in the sandbox where you can do whatever the hell you want, then work your way into the missions. When you play the Sims, however, you start off with the mission-based gameplay (build a house, get a job, earn skills, etc) until you meet all the needs automatically, then you can play the game like a sandbox and do whatever the hell you want.

For me, the worst game ever would be anything made by Activision, especially if it has Tycoon in the title. Do not presume that it may be in any way shape or form related to Atari's Roller Coaster Tycoon or Microsoft's Zoo Tycoon; Activision Tycoon games are shallow P.O.S.s that people only buy because they were suckered into thinking it would be just as good as the previously mentioned titles because it had "Tycoon" in the title.

I repeat: if it was made by Activision, avoid it like the plague.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Terastas wrote:I repeat: if it was made by Activision, avoid it like the plague.
I don't like Activision, they pressured Trokia Games to finish Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, the story was almost done, but there many plot holes and missing dialog. Also, the game had bugs and glitches which caused the game crash frequently. But, thanks to the Planet Vampire community for supporting the game with unofficial patches to fix the bugs and the missing content that was in the original. Instead they add new things to make the game even more fun and balanced. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines is my favoirte PC RPG game of all time.

Games that I don't like:

Pirates of the Caribbean movie licensed games. Man, those games are so crappy and repetitive.

Lord of the Rings movie games, like any other movie-based games. They are not so impressive, just too many repetitive things in the game play which get tiresome.

Don't we all dislike movie games? Because they just Suck!
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Chronicles of Riddick was a superb movie based game. :)
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
John Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Timber Wolf
Mood: Happy

Post by John Wolf »

Morrowind Oblivion for the PS3, the most time wasting game, I have ever had the misfortune to waste my life with.
Free Scotland/Ireland From English Tyranny 2009

Change Favours The Prepared Mind