The worst game(s) you have ever played.

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Morkulv wrote:Prey. Nice idea, bad set-up. I had a really hard time not trying to get annoyed by the spiritpower-bugs and the lame maincharacter and his even lamer quotes ("damn its dark in here" - Well, thanks captain Obvious!!). Plus de wallwalking-function failed for me since there was no way I could efficiently shoot anyone without being disoriented everytime I stepped off a wallpath. And after having to kill my own character again for the 5'th time when I'm out of spiritpower in a 'puzzle' I had a sudden urge of throwing my XBox-controller at the first indian I came across, wich happens to be a good thing since there aren't many indians over here in the Netherlands.
Well, then you are probably going to be very dissappointed with Duke Nukem Forever and Ever and Ever if it ever does come out.
XIV
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Any good game that ends up being overly short pisses me off. I know it's hard to make a good game, even if it isn't long, but it's not like they aren't being paid! Some games I can understand being short, but what business does an RPG have to be completable in a matter of a few hours? Sometimes it's just ridiculous.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

ravaged_warrior wrote:Third link from search "morrowind crash".

You greatly underestimate the power of the Google!
Haha, I defeat your argument by pointing out that anyone with the Tribunal Patch or Bloodmoon expansion will not run into that dialog bug as it was fixed in those versions!

You underestimate the power of the patches!
Avareis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Storyteller and Artist
Mood: Angry

Post by Avareis »

Whenever I want to know what game suck I look to this man...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vipmROOQP2w

Armake kind of......goes ape sh!% and it is damn funny. His review are something I look forward to whenever I have a bad day, because watching him I realize that his day is worse. He review new and old games. Usually, he blows up and I like that!
Zombie
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ribbed For Her Pleasure

Post by Zombie »

CRITICOM!
`nuff said
-Z
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

GTA up to san andreis. horrible peace of drek that is.
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

i guess not everyone likes having sex with hookers and then killing them to death with a metal bat to get your money :)
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

Timber-WoIf wrote:full auto - shallow as hell, no vehicle customization, only 1 multiplayer mode, and a god car.
crackdown - just too damn broken
Fire Warrior - just because they screwed all the guns up
America's army - i spent forever listining to classrom lectures just so i could be a medic, just to find out medics are useless anyway.
FEAR - combat didnt flow at all.
GORE - for being retarded (wasnt really that bad, was just really retarded)
Forza 2 - over 200 cars. and like 4 tracks to race them on. wtf, really? (would've been awesome, had there been more tracks. or at least different conditions)

oh, adn real war - too restrictive about unit production.
in my opinion forza is one of the best driving games around, there are over 16 tracks, most of them are in the real world, and there is a new downloadable track pack that includes 4 more.

my worst game was probably NFS pro-street
the driving mechanics are just broken, cars flop around, ugh
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Spongy »

My vote goes for Superman 64. That game totally sucked more than any other game ever! But that's just my opinion. (Although I have yet to find anyone who liked that game...)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Timber-WoIf wrote:full auto - shallow as hell, no vehicle customization, only 1 multiplayer mode, and a god car.
crackdown - just too damn broken
Fire Warrior - just because they screwed all the guns up
America's army - i spent forever listining to classrom lectures just so i could be a medic, just to find out medics are useless anyway.
FEAR - combat didnt flow at all.
GORE - for being retarded (wasnt really that bad, was just really retarded)
Forza 2 - over 200 cars. and like 4 tracks to race them on. wtf, really? (would've been awesome, had there been more tracks. or at least different conditions)

oh, adn real war - too restrictive about unit production.
Fear? Thats blasphemy, how could you even say that. Do you play enough video games?
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

DEADLY TOWERS for the old NES. *shudder*
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Terastas wrote:For me, the worst game ever would be anything made by Activision, especially if it has Tycoon in the title. Do not presume that it may be in any way shape or form related to Atari's Roller Coaster Tycoon or Microsoft's Zoo Tycoon; Activision Tycoon games are shallow P.O.S.s that people only buy because they were suckered into thinking it would be just as good as the previously mentioned titles because it had "Tycoon" in the title.

I repeat: if it was made by Activision, avoid it like the plague.
WORDS OF TRUTH.

The worst game I've probably ever played was "Mall Tycoon." Laugh as you want, I seriously thought the game would be great, being I've spent some many great hours on Zoo and RollerCoaster Tycoon.

Sucked. Majorass.

Amazingly, the thing even has 3 sequels.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

I saw a review of Mall Tycoon, I become bored watching the game play.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Dreamer wrote:
Morkulv wrote:Prey. Nice idea, bad set-up. I had a really hard time not trying to get annoyed by the spiritpower-bugs and the lame maincharacter and his even lamer quotes ("damn its dark in here" - Well, thanks captain Obvious!!). Plus de wallwalking-function failed for me since there was no way I could efficiently shoot anyone without being disoriented everytime I stepped off a wallpath. And after having to kill my own character again for the 5'th time when I'm out of spiritpower in a 'puzzle' I had a sudden urge of throwing my XBox-controller at the first indian I came across, wich happens to be a good thing since there aren't many indians over here in the Netherlands.
Well, then you are probably going to be very dissappointed with Duke Nukem Forever and Ever and Ever if it ever does come out.
Because you already played it? Or because the game's original story was created by 3D-Realms? Just for the record; Prey was developed by Human Head (who are known to create digital garbage), NOT by 3D-Realms.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

Lukas wrote:i guess not everyone likes having sex with hookers and then killing them to death with a metal bat to get your money :)
I still have no clue why people think the GTA-series is a very violent game. It looks cartoony, most of the blood is left out of the games (at least from part 3 to San Andreas), and the crimes weren't THAT over the top. If you want true pointless violence you should try the Postal-games. The creators of GTA better try something different with that next GTA because part 3 to San Andreas really sucked IMO.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Anyone ever play Darkman for the NES?

Don't.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
licantroleon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: the pondering werewolf

Post by licantroleon »

runescape! OH MY GOD I HATE THAT GAME! f*** runescape! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Now playing: Okamiden
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

If you took away RuneScape, you'd basically kill off gamers who can't afford all the overrated quad core crap that the rest of the spoiled nerds have. This is coming from a user with 256MB RAM.

Now, worst games...

- Cheetahmen 2 - Buggy and also vaporware. Fortunately it's gained cult status due to the game's memorable and sole BGM.

- Home Alone 2 - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

- MK series - No, shut up. Drahmin is ugly as f***. And do you expect me to play a game where Johnny Cage swings his nunchucks so slow it makes the VF series faster than DOA? That's a ballsy deathwish you're giving me.

- Cyber-Cop (Genesis) - Good concept, horrible result. The interface was confusing as hell and it plays way too slow. Quite possibly one of the lowest lows of european gaming.

- GERMS (PSOne) - Less than average graphics, sluggish pace, and abysmal first-person Hexen-style combat system. Basically you fight using a single old foldable baton throughout the game, whereas NPCs range from weird looking mutants to SWAT with SMGs.

- Fightbox (PS2) - Promising concept of making cybernetic fighters, but does the dev team's ignorance/incompetence know no bounds? The combat system is just PATHETIC. Moreover it's made in the UK, and it put a bigger dent on my impression with european manufactured games.

- ADOM - I'm not that great with roguelikes, but having monsters level up along with the player character made the game almost unplayable to me.

- Double Dragon 3 - The Rosetta Stones (NES) - The gameplay completely went south compared to DD and DD2. Attacks were cumbersome and the collision detection's just erratic. Even more unbelievable is that it's made by the same team that made River City Ransom years earlier, so what the hell happened?

- Barbie Super Model (SNES) - Good lord did i waste 15 minutes of my life playing that.

- Second Samurai (Genesis) - EAT MY LUNCH!! Nuff said.

That's all for now.
Konietzko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Konietzko »

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear....XDDDD My turn.

Kengo: Way of the Samurai: PS2- This game will make you cry. Period.

Star Wars: Episode I- The Phantom Menace: PS1- I would rather be strapped down and forced to watch young Anakin Skywalker say "Yipeeeee!" seven and a half billion time than play this game for five more minutes of my life.

Uhm...on second thought, we'd better include just about every game in the Star Wars franchise in the past 20 years except for the Knights of the Old Republic games and the Jedi Knight games...

Fable: X-Box- Over hyped garbage.

Donkey Kongo: Gamecube- My hands still sting from playing this game....and that was five years ago.
O Pianista
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Malkavian Prince

Post by O Pianista »

EMPIRE EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth.
Spiritbw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Spiritbw »

Baphnedia wrote:Set, I think not.

As for mine: Masters of Orion 3. Smooth graphics, worst game play experience I have ever had.
Have to agree there. Master of Orion 2, even after all this time, is still one of the best space conquest games out there. This again, I'm a sucker for turn base stratagy games and really don't get the "Go real time or go hone" attitude that seems to be infecting most game studios. Then again, Galactic Civilizations 2 has managed to come cloer and closer with each expansion they release.

Of bad games though: Friday the 13th for the NES. Cutthroat Island for the SuperNES rank right up there. First bought by my brother, second was a christmas gift from a relative that didn't know that much about games.

I'd say Half-Life and Halo were bad for me but most moden FPS are lost on me I'm afraid. To me once you seen one you've seen them all. The only question is the setting, the things you blow up and the things you blow them up with.

Oh and let's not forget Daikatana. Never played the actual game but the demo(yes the DEMO!!!) would not run on my system without major foul ups. Which it did on every other system in existance. Now seriously. How bad does your game have to be that after three years in development and coding, your program winds up having the stability of a house of cards in a hurricane?
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Konietzko wrote:Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear....XDDDD My turn.
Fable: X-Box- Over hyped garbage.
Oi.

Fable was overhyped, but it wasn't that bad a game. It fact it was pretty good - it'd have been better liked if it hadn't been so hyped is all.
O Pianista wrote:EMPIRE EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How can you not love a game where you get to sic mechwalkers on cavemen? Or have WWII guys have at with like, greeks?

'tis awesome. :lol:
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Re: The worst game(s) you have ever played.

Post by alphanubilus »

Halo 2... I returned it 2 days after I baught it. Okay, let me clarify, it is not a bad game, just bad for me. :P

Superman 64 will always be regarded as a video game tragedy... I hear that terrorists use play sessons of Superman 64 to torture their enemies... those bast...ards... :) Spar them the pain and just cut off their heads!

In truth, I actually rarely play a game that I can't stand, as I've been a long time subscriber to EGM, as well as religiously watch game ratings from other fellow gamers. In short I do a lot of research before I make a purchase of a game that I don't know about.
Descendent of a Druid
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Archdruid
Mood: Bored

Re: The worst game(s) you have ever played.

Post by Descendent of a Druid »

One compound word: Runescape. Jesus christ this game has the grapics of a game in beta test, and the worst spell system I've ever seen, in which you actually have to buy items called runes to cast any of your spells, and each rune only gets one use before fading, essentially meaning you have to pay for each spell cast. The mana system wasn't broken, no one asked you to fix it! Also the fact that if you die once, you lose all of your items, basically a big reset button. I don't understand how this game has lasted this long, nor do I understand how anyone could pay $5 a month for it. There exists a group of people who hang out at the local library and play it together, like a huge super-geek orgy :sickpup: . Now I'm not exactly the coolest guy in high school (being a WoW player, an ameteur SciFi/Fantasy writer and a member of the drama club has earned me my fair share of wedgies), but even I steal those kids lunch money.
Baby seal walks into a club...