Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Jack of Thompson's new campaign against Master Chief

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Dibs on Master Chief!

Oh, and here's some more recent articles pertaining to our delusional attorney friend. Phoenix Wright is gonna love tearing him apart:

"I DO NOT APPROVE OF PARODIES OF MYSELF."

Jack in trouble for sending homoerotica to the judge.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Wasn't Thompson's license revoked or something?

*looks it up*

Damn... just in Alabama. Nobody takes this moron seriously, why does he continue to make an a** of himself over and over?
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

He is his own publicist. If anything, the cases he files may be egged on by some secretive payoffs by the game companies themselves. It's a great marketing tool, if anything, to have your game declaired too violent for society by a lawyer. GREAT for Rockstar games too... since that's the persona they wish to portray. Jackass Thompson is either a tool for marketing games... or just a tool. Dispite whatever the case is... Jack Thompson is a tool. He needs to stay out of other people's business. What games we play is our own private right.

A Bar lawsuit has already been filed against him for repeatedly insulting a judge. Gotta hand it to him for being mostly intelligent during interviews, but he's as bad a role model as the games he is bashing.

In my extensive sociological research of video game violence (for college) I came to one conclusion. I can best portray that conclusion with a quote from author Steven Poole. "Although a game may train a person to kill, it does not plant in them a desire to do so."

Hmm. I should stick that in my sig! :D
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

I still wish i was the first in line to come back home with his head as a trophy. He's been a public nuisance for far too long.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Ah, Jack Thompson.

It's fitting that they call it Court, y'know, because he's one hell of Jester. :lol:

In a way, I've come to like him. His lunacy has done much to discredit those against video games.