What, no Duke Nukem Forever thread?

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

What, no Duke Nukem Forever thread?

Post by ravaged_warrior »

The Duke Nukem Forever trailer is apparently slated to be released... ten minutes ago. I'm not a huge Duke Nukem fan, but I played Duke Nukem 3D and it was pretty cool. The main reason this is a big deal, however, is not only because Duke Nukem 3D is such a popular game, but also because the game started development... About ten years ago. I honestly didn't think they were really ever going to release it after such a long development time, but apparently I was wrong.

EDIT: A gallery is up on Duke4.net. It's only a teaser trailer, but it does give you a good look at what the game will look like. For one thing, Duke Nukem now looks a hell of a lot like Bruce Willis. Also, the graphics are pretty good. According to a quote that just got posted, this is a version of the game they've been working on since 2004, meaning they restarted it at some point and this is actually the first real look at the game, since the other stuff doesn't matter anymore.

EDIT2: And now it's out.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

"Its time to kick a** and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of gum."
-Duke Nukem
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

I'm lookin' for some alien toilets to park my bricks... Who's first?
Best line since Bruce Campbell.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

This is the result of, oh, the fourth time they've restarted. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they saw another engine went "Oooh, shiny!" and restarted again. Maybe'll they'll decide to just finish this thing before Duke's voice actor dies of old age or something though. :P
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Well, this is the first time they've shown anything in about six years, isn't it? That's got to be a good sign if they've been working for three.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

The teaser was kinda retarded but thats not that bad since I usually hate teasers. I just hope they get to finish it finally.

But honestly; if the Duke was really out there, he would've probably shot all people at 3D-Realms for making a mockery of him over the last 10 years.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Morkulv wrote:The teaser was kinda retarded but thats not that bad since I usually hate teasers. I just hope they get to finish it finally.

But honestly; if the Duke was really out there, he would've probably shot all people at 3D-Realms for making a mockery of him over the last 10 years.
And then head to the nearest strip joint and pick up some chicks.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

Haha, exactly.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.