OMG! Smash Brawl is gonna be awesome because of (SPOILERS)

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Ookami-kun
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Luffs Buff Wuffs!

OMG! Smash Brawl is gonna be awesome because of (SPOILERS)

Post by Ookami-kun »

WOLF! Damn he fights like a werewolf here!

Btw if you want to enlarge them click the links.
Ceekur
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ceekur »

Yeah. I was glad to see him in the game. When I give the game a shot for the first time, I'm going to try and see Wolf become my primary. I'm not that much into the SSB series, but some of the hype from their latest game seems to have rubbed off on me. I like Wolf's taunts too. :lol:

What's interesting to note is that in the Star Fox series, I don't think he ever really acts like a wolf despite being one. Here, however, he acts more feral, at least during his taunts.

Oh and I forgot - Here's a good video of Falco vs. Wolf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDPlKBfWL0Q#

He uses his taunts in this match.
' They have come to take my life...
Let us settle this 300 year-old war once and for all...
Who shall live...? Who shall die...? ' ~ Moonlight Symphony - Vampire Night

Ookami-kun
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ookami-kun »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QlSxR3ebOzc

Wolf's taunt is at the end
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

I don't like him, because K. Rool so totally deserved his villain spot in Brawl, or at least to be a boss. Now K .Rool's just a crappy Assist Trophy. And dont' tell me he didn't have the moveset because he has so many moves from past games he can use. Plus, if they could get Captain Falcon's moveset by making crap up, they coudl do the same with K. Rool.

Ya know what else pisses me off? The fact that I heard that the delay was caused by them having to take Geno out of the game because apparently the deal with Square Enix to get him in fell through. I would really like to know who caused this to happen, so I can find him and punch him in the face.
XIV
Ookami-kun
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ookami-kun »

The delay was only a rumor.

And Wolf is nice. Go watch some of the vids showing him in action. x3
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Isn't he a clone of Fox?

And K Rool still deserved to get in more.
XIV
Ookami-kun
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ookami-kun »

Nope. Not a clone.
Anónimo Juan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anónimo Juan »

It would have been better if they had put someone original and not a clone of a clone; or at least give him another move set. Aren't we getting hyped just because he is a wolf? lol
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Huh, I see they've redesigned (or at least reproportioned) him. Last game I saw him in he looked ridiculous, here he actually looks pretty cool. Fox still looks ridiculous, though.

And hey, listen to the new Star Wolf theme.
Aren't we getting hyped just because he is a wolf?
No. No we are not. Go play Star Fox 64.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Anónimo Juan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anónimo Juan »

lol, I did lot of years ago and he only appears twice in the game; there are more character that deserve his place.

And playing Star Fox doesn't change the fact he is a clone D:
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Three times, and he was awesome every time because he was such an asshole about it.

And I wouldn't say that there are more that deserve his place, just some that deserved to be in there, in addition. Or maybe they should have had Falco's place. I heard Wolf was slower and had stronger attacks than Fox, which is basically what Falco was in Melee, making having both completely pointless, and really, Wolf is too awesome a choice to pass up.

As for who should have had Falco's place... Ganon. And I don't mean a Captain Falcon clone Ganondorf, I'm talking about

Holy hell that would rock. He could throw fire bats at you and s*** it would rule.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Ookami-kun
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ookami-kun »

Anónimo Juan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anónimo Juan »

They are practically the same moves but with different strength/distance, or most of them. He is a total badass but, they could have made him better with unique moves, maybe an Arwing (or however his spaceship is called) as his Final Smash or something else.

And the fact that there's Falco already makes it worse, I agree Falco should had been thrown out for someone that could reach Wolf's badass standard ( we are talking about Ganon here).

Anyway, as badass as he may be (This includes how many times he appeared in games) , he's a clone, and behind the hype, Brawl had too many clones when they said there would be none in this game.

And they didn't remove Mr. Game and Watch >_>
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Yeah, he's a clone, his moves just have different animations, much like Ganondorf. I'm okay with clones as long as they are significamtly different in how they feel as you play them, and I think Wolf might fit that bill.

He was in four games, by the way. Star Wolf played a large role in the near-finished but unreleased Star Fox 2 for the SNES. Good game, they should have released it.
-Jack Handey
Ookami-kun
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ookami-kun »

Err no, think of Ryu and Ken.

His A moves are unique. NOT SIMILAR WITH VARIOUS PROPERTIES.

The only similar B move he has is his Down B (Reflector) and B (Blaster), and the difference of those two on Fox's is quite large. His Up B is original as well as his Side B.

His final smash is the only thing that can be considered SIMILAR WITH VARIOUS PROPERTIES - it deals more damage but has shorter play-time.
Wulfur
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Wulfur »

Well all I can say is this game is going to be alot of fun once i get my hands on it. :D
One only knows that of which they allow themselves to know.
( http://wulfur.deviantart.com/ )
ghostfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ghostfang »

i want that game so bad but dont have a wii :(
ImageImage
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Lemmee say it again:
K ROOL DESERVED A SPOT ON THE ROSTER MORE. NOT TO MENTION LITTLE MAC, SAMURAI GOROH, STAFY AND QUITE A FEW OTHERS WHO GOT GYPPED AND TURNED INTO ASSIST TROPHIES!
XIV
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Can you download stuff to the Wii like on the Xbox? Because if that were the case, then I'd say, to Dreamer: Have hope, your characters might become online extras.

Other wise. Being a starfox-dork (Seriously, we need more Sci-fi furries out there!), I'm exicted to see my favourite character on the roster. I'd equally love to see Crystal up there too, but she's not as much of a staple as Wolf.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

You can download games onto the Wii, but Sakurai said in an inteview that there wasn't going to be downloadable content. He also said the Wii didn't have a hard drive, though, so he might be wrong there.
outwarddoodles wrote:(Seriously, we need more Sci-fi furries out there!)
Just because something has anthropomorphic animal characters in it doesn't necessarily mean that said characters are furries or that the franchise is furry-related. This is a misconception that bothers me.
-Jack Handey
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

ravaged_warrior wrote:Just because something has anthropomorphic animal characters in it doesn't necessarily mean that said characters are furries or that the franchise is furry-related. This is a misconception that bothers me.
Considering that one definition of the word furry IS "anthropomorphic animal", then yeah, they are furries. :P

Too bad I don't have a Wii. (Or money for one...) I want this game.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Set wrote:Considering that one definition of the word furry IS "anthropomorphic animal", then yeah, they are furries. :P
Only if said anthropomorphic animal character was created for the purpose of being a furry. I don't see how it would make any sense otherwise - unless I am to believe that the Egyptian god Anubis, Mickey Mouse, and Bugs Bunny are furries as well?
Too bad I don't have a Wii. (Or money for one...) I want this game.
Hope you can get it eventually. This game is going to be incredible.
-Jack Handey
Wulfur
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Meh...

Post by Wulfur »

7 more days. :D :lol: :howl:  :oo
One only knows that of which they allow themselves to know.
( http://wulfur.deviantart.com/ )
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

ravaged_warrior wrote:
Just because something has anthropomorphic animal characters in it doesn't necessarily mean that said characters are furries or that the franchise is furry-related. This is a misconception that bothers me.
Don't ruin my fun. I don't think Nintendo's complaining if I'm buying their games.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

outwarddoodles wrote:
ravaged_warrior wrote:
Don't ruin my fun. I don't think Nintendo's complaining if I'm buying their games.
Oh, no, no, you misunderstand me. I don't have a problem with you liking it more because it has anthropomorphic animal characters. I just think labeling them furries when technically they are not has the potential to confuse people who, for whatever reason, dislike furries, and are possibly stupid enough to disrespect the franchise for that reason and Star Fox, especially, is one that does not deserve that sort of thing. I personally think most furries are just fine, but I've been around the internet and there are some stupid people out there.

Also, depending on the circumstance things that seem illogical to me bother me and stick in my head and just a few days before I had a conversation with someone jokingly refer to Fox McCloud as a furry, so that's probably a large part of it as well. I didn't mean anything by it and I apologize if I offended you.

So, how about that Brawl? Pretty awesome looking, right?
-Jack Handey