I wanted to grab Link and shake him

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

I wanted to grab Link and shake him

Post by Berserker »

During Twilight Princess, which I played and beat recently. Dammit Link, why don't you just tell all those people what's going on? You're the hero of Hyrule. Just get everyone together and give them the full run down, and show them you can turn into a wolf.

Other than my frustration at Link's total silence about his predicament, I thought Twilight Princess was a fantastic game. 8)
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

Yes it makes sense too that he would change into a Werewolf, because Link is the wolf. :D
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

What benefit would it have? He's the only one that can actually save the world and whatnot, so telling people what he's trying to do wouldn't help. Telling people that he can turn into a wolf wouldn't really be helpful, either, since all it would really do is make him be able to transform in front of people, and their reactions might not be all that supportive.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Berserker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Berserker »

If, while being a wolf, you scared the daylights out of people close to you and they thought you were a monster, you wouldn't want to explain yourself to them? Midna admits that Link may be doomed to labor in obscurity, but that annoys me. I was expecting a story arch less tragic and more heroic. But I guess tragedy is what Twilight Princess is all about, eh?
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

still i must say a good story none the less.
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
ghostfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ghostfang »

i thought link can only scream and shout.
ImageImage
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Berserker wrote:If, while being a wolf, you scared the daylights out of people close to you and they thought you were a monster, you wouldn't want to explain yourself to them?
There is the possibility that he'd lose their trust. Besides, by the time he can control it there's no real reason for him to go near people as a wolf.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Re: I wanted to grab Link and shake him

Post by outwarddoodles »

Berserker wrote:During Twilight Princess, which I played and beat recently. Dammit Link, why don't you just tell all those people what's going on? You're the hero of Hyrule. Just get everyone together and give them the full run down, and show them you can turn into a wolf.
I. KNOW.!

If I were risking my a** to save everybody elses, I better get some damn appreciation!
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

ravaged_warrior wrote:
Berserker wrote:If, while being a wolf, you scared the daylights out of people close to you and they thought you were a monster, you wouldn't want to explain yourself to them?
There is the possibility that he'd lose their trust. Besides, by the time he can control it there's no real reason for him to go near people as a wolf.
*nods* It could go both ways. They could understand his predicament and welcome the wolf just as they would welcome the human, but they could also fear what he is capable of and fear the human just as they would fear the wolf.

So Link was essentially in the same predicament we've been discussing about werewolves for the past few years.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Terastas wrote:they could also fear what he is capable of
And they already decided that the wolf was one of the Twilight monsters, hence why the Ordon villagers attacked him.
-Jack Handey
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

As if they, who cower beneath the very feet of impending doom among other things, would help me any throughout the entire ordeal.

Sometimes you just gotta know when you need to rely on yourself and just a handful of buddies to laugh at the face of danger much much bigger than you are.
O Pianista
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Malkavian Prince

Post by O Pianista »

Man he cannot say that because simply the "gods" remain in secreat... imagine everyone asking for blablabla for the gods...
what I mean is...
Link is our hero... he turned to a wolf because he was the choosen just like that dead guy that teachs him abilities... it's the same about jesus says " god doesn't exists "
If was true... everyone stops trusting him any 1 get it... blah I'm confused too... ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? :? :? :? :?
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

considering its a world filled with Elf like people, Zoras, Gorons, talking shrubs, fairies, Moblings"sp", and what not I never really saw what the big deal was about him being able to turn into a wolf. Oh look the Hylian elf can now turn into a wolf...well maybe then he can do a better job fighting the green skinned desert bandits and the walking skeletons.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
Irish Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sneezy
Mood: Meh...
Location: If I told you...well let's just say it wouldn't be good

Post by Irish Wolf »

ravaged_warrior wrote:
Well...it cracks me up to see the soldier cowering behind a shield.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Caaaaaaaaaayaahhhh......arrooo????!!!

I feel like playing Twilight Princess again on my Wii.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Irish Wolf wrote:
ravaged_warrior wrote:
Well...it cracks me up to see the soldier cowering behind a shield.
And that Link probably has a greater range of vocabulary as a wolf than a human. :P
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

If you honestly think about it, why would Link waste the time to tell everybody what happened to him. He's trying to save the world, and get rid of his condition, not try to work on his social relations...

Then again...

As a game... Would you want to spend time opening dialogues with every NPC and explain to them your condition, or bash and trash Moblin's and such? The whole concept of Twilight Princess is to give you, the player a taste of two different worlds and how they coexist and yet remain completely seperate. Remember when Link enters the Twilight Realm, it is here that he is able to turn into a wolf, and it isn't until Zant curses him with that stone, that he is able to exist as a wolf outside of the Twilight Realm. This happening sort of symbolizes the merging of the two worlds, however this is also why Ganodorf, who was banished from Hyrule, is able to return. As the two realms become one, he too is able to regenerate his physical form hin Hyrule.

Miayamoto also dabbles in the two worlds of animals and men. As a wolf Link can talk with animals, explore (wolf style) and do things he can't as a man (er Elf)... and visa versa.
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Re: I wanted to grab Link and shake him

Post by Celestialwolf »

I've been wanting to play this game since I first heard of it! In the Youtube videos I've seen the art and gameplay look awesome! In all honesty though, the only reason I took notice of the game is because Link turns into a wolf... :roll:
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet