Does anyone here speak Russian?

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Does anyone here speak Russian?

Post by Terastas »

So, a while ago, I made the mistake of buying a video game online from a guy that "talks English good." I thought I was buying Roller Coaster Tycoon 3: Soaked, but instead I got Roller Coaster Tycoon 3: Akbanapk.
:(

Now, according to the vendor, the game can be set to full English, but he neglected to tell me how to set it that way. Now I don't know for a fact that it came from Russia, but I pretty confident it is based on the alphabet being used.

Needless to say, I have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to click where. So here's what I'd like to know.

1) Can anyone here at the Pack speak/read Russian?

2) If you can speak/read Russian and I post screenshots of the installation menu like I did above, could you walk me through it until it gets to language selection?
Gowor
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Electronic wolf

Post by Gowor »

My friend speaks Russian, and while I don't, it is a bit similiar to Polish, so post those pictures and I'll try to help you :)
Akbanapk means aquapark, the right button means "wychod"="exit", the left one is "ustanowic"="install"
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

First of all, thanks a boatload.

Anyway, when I clicked "install," I got this:

I'm assuming this is the licensing agreement and that the options at the bottom are "Yes" and "No," but I'm not confident enough in that assumption to just go ahead with it. But could I have, and if not, what is it instead?
Gowor
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Gowor »

Yes, that's the licensing agreement. "Do you agree?", Left button is "da"="yes", right "nyet"="no".
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Kay. After I clicked that, it started the InstallWizard or something like that, and this is the window that came up:

Gowor
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Gowor »

These aren't Russian letters, so it looks like you don't have Russian fonts installed and I can't translate that :( The left button propably means "next", but that's all I can guess.
I found this: http://russian.cornell.edu/fonts/rusfonts.htm in google, and judging by the test page I'd say these could be the fonts you need.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Crud.

Well, I tried the link and that didn't help much either, so forget it, I'll just hold off until I can get the Platinum edition. Thanks for your help Gowor.
Gowor
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Gowor »

You're welcome :)