The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
TheFullMoonsWrath
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Post by TheFullMoonsWrath »

Do you enjoy T.E.S IV: Oblivion? why or why not? what do you think they could do to make the game better?
Demon Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ^(O.O)^

Post by Demon Wolf »

Im sorry but ive never heard of it.
"Where we're going, we don't need eyes to see"- Dr.Weir -Event Horizon
ImageImage
TheFullMoonsWrath
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

if you have heard of morrowind then you've probably heard of it,its for Xbox 360,PS3,and PC
Listen as the music of the packs howl begins...
Demon Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ^(O.O)^

Post by Demon Wolf »

Not that either, but I think Ive heard of another elder scroll game if there is one.
"Where we're going, we don't need eyes to see"- Dr.Weir -Event Horizon
ImageImage
Blue-eyes in the dark
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The doomed Chocolate lover.
Mood: Happy

Post by Blue-eyes in the dark »

I wish they had brought back the werewolves, that were in morrowind. but if they choose to later, they must make then a start off character. it would look like you were picking one of the humans, but insted would have their own little secret. :)
Reading an distributing copies of "The Werewolf's Guide to Life: a Manuel for the newly bitten" Help, where it's needed.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

I haven't actually played it, though a lot of people I know have. And they say Morrowind is better.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

TheFullMoonsWrath
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Yes,i agree,i think they should bring back the werewolves,but then again,there are mods out there for the pc that can make u a werewolf(i loked some of them up on youtube)and they seem...terrible,but they definiantly gotta make an expansion pack for the ps3 and 360 version
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

Guys! If you are looking for werewolf mods for Morrowind and Oblivion.

Here are the links for it. Download them, if you have the games.

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/V ... il&id=2000

The Best one for Morrowind! I recommend this one. http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/V ... il&id=2349
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Oblivion was a good game. Not a great game, though. It lost a lot of what it predecessors had and carelessly tossed away a much more exotic envisioning of Cyrodiil for generic fantasy land. Instead of jungles and dragon-banners and paper boats in the water around the imperial city and stuff there was forest. More forest. And water that hardly has a school of fish.

The graphics, animations, combat? Top-notch. Well done. The dialogue? Crap. It lacks the depth of Morrowind or even the branching conversation paths other game series like KOTOR or Mass Effect have. The music? Wonderful. The quest writing? Could use some work. Too many times did I see a twist coming a mile off and had no ability to stop it. RPGs are about choice, about being able to affect the storyline - Oblivion afforded me precious little of that. Not to mention the main quest requires me to go in and out of the same damn "oblivion" level several times, the only differences being minute.

Also: Level scaling is lame. I hate it. RPGs should have areas where newbies can frolic freely, and areas where newbies get eaten alive for being stupid and going there. It's also inane to think someone would want to hold me up to mug me for 50 gold when he's wearing a suit of armor he could easily sell for several thousand gold. Perhaps tens of thousands. Yet, here he is. Risking life and limb over pocket change.

Overall, a good game, but one with some serious flaws. Thankfully, I own it for the PC - mods fix anything. Heh.
Blue-eyes in the dark wrote:I wish they had brought back the werewolves, that were in morrowind. but if they choose to later, they must make then a start off character. it would look like you were picking one of the humans, but insted would have their own little secret. :)
Given how ridiculously strong werewolves in TES are, making the player able to start as one would be horribly unbalanced. I still recall the ones in Bloodmoon tearing my armor - my artifact armor - to shreds. They hit like mac trucks.
IndianaJones wrote:
The Best one for Morrowind! I recommend this one. http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/V ... il&id=2349
McAsMod's was cool and all, but it's nothing near as awesome as the Bloodmoon expansion's weres, IMO. What with the four-legged running and suchg. With the right mods you can variation their colors too. And make the werewolf stats dependant on your human stats.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I've only played Oblivion, and never Morrow Wind, so I can't judge between the two. I also own the Xbox 360 version, so, as much as I would love to, I can't download any life-saving Mods.

A few things that I would like to see in a new ElderScrolls (for however long it may take top create a new one, I know for sure Bethesda is currently working on a new Fallout series of which I'm much more excited for. Huzzah post-apocalyptic survival!) is:
- Better organization for spells. IE. The ability to delete spells that I no longer use.
- More animals. Sheep, Horses, and Dogs don't make me happy enough. (the ability to buy pets would be so neat, too. Y'know, like they fallow you around and such?)
- Better magic system. Most of the Magic in the game can just easily be replaced by physical stats. Why use magic to increase your attributes when you can do it naturally? Why throw fire balls when you can do the same amount of damage with your sword? Why be invisible if you can sneak? In the end, the only unique abilities magic can grant is soul trap and water walking/breathing.
-
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
lunarwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Trying to run free
Additional Details: I look beyond the line of what a lot people call FACTS.... Because just because it's name MYTH..... Does not mean it does not exist.

Re: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Post by lunarwolf »

I like oblivion on the computer but they are missing some things so i did some modifications now there is werewolves in the game and new armor more animals better spells brutal kills (cut heads or in half) e.t.c anyway it took me a while to figure out how to do it but any way this what they look like

Image Image

i took lots of downloading but if you got the OBSE program then click on this if you are interested http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6486 oh they come in all different colors/looks.
Last edited by lunarwolf on Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The truth...ha...why does it matter to you? You really don't want to know the truths I know....
TheFullMoonsWrath
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

those pics are rly good!
great mods, to bad i got the xboxb 360 version :(
lunarwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Trying to run free
Additional Details: I look beyond the line of what a lot people call FACTS.... Because just because it's name MYTH..... Does not mean it does not exist.

Post by lunarwolf »

TheFullMoonsWrath wrote:those pics are rly good!
great mods, to bad I got the xboxb 360 version :(
i'm sorry :( that you don't have it for the computer. well if it make you feel better it was really hard to figure out to do it and if you do have it for the computer one day just email me or something i'll help you out to install this mod but once you got it down it gets pretty easy. By the way I heard rumors that there will be elder scrolls will be a mmo soon, but not very soon.
The truth...ha...why does it matter to you? You really don't want to know the truths I know....